BEATS sound in the new Compass - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nitemare3219

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 09-28-2016, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

BEATS sound in the new Compass

Looking forward to trying this system out, anyone know what the specs will be on the Beats audio system in the new Compass?

UCONNECT + Beats will be great.

I found these images among the images released today:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-16-2016, 02:55 PM

Couldn't find much on the Beats audio system. All I found was a small mention of it on the Brazil Jeep site and it google translated to this: Beats premium sound system with 506W of power.
post #3 of 14 Old 01-01-2017, 03:54 AM

Having tried Beats headphones this isn't a good thing to me. I just hope that being in a vehicle it will be a different experience which anyone into the dynamics of special audio systems are aware of.

Anyone here NOT planning to get this and instead piece together their own aftermarket setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 01-03-2017, 02:30 PM

Hell, beats are way too overrated. Anybody that really has an ear for audio and is critical about the sound they receive know to stay far away from Beats.

Aftermarket route is definitely the way I'll be going.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-19-2017, 08:48 PM

The only good thing about this is it helps them pull in more of the target demographic that eats this stuff up and has the money for it.

Once marketing material rolls out we should see confirmation of that. Younger people are taking over the work force more than older folk, they have the money, they are FCA's new sugar daddy.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-16-2017, 02:10 PM

Had the system in my '13 RT Charger. If it's the same thing, it was pretty good for a factory system, and this option on the Compass is significantly cheaper as well.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 View Post
Had the system in my '13 RT Charger. If it's the same thing, it was pretty good for a factory system, and this option on the Compass is significantly cheaper as well.
Not trying to insult you in any way at all by this. But do you have a lot of audio experience with other vehicles or aftermarket audio systems??
post #8 of 14 Old 04-18-2017, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
Not trying to insult you in any way at all by this. But do you have a lot of audio experience with other vehicles or aftermarket audio systems??
Not too much. Systems I've used extensively were a stock 6 speaker in a 2006 Commander, Beats in a '13 RT Charger, Harman Kardon in a '15 SRT Charger, Harman Kardon in a '14 SRT Grand Cherokee, Harman Kardon in a '16 SRT Charger, Alpine in a 2011 Grand Cherokee (which I have since upgraded to Infinity Kappa series speakers).

The Beats system I used definitely didn't seem bad to me, but I have also experienced better factory systems since then. Hopefully they have upgraded it a bit since I last used it, but I wouldn't complain about paying the $600 or so it costs as an option for it one bit.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-18-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 View Post
Not too much. Systems I've used extensively were a stock 6 speaker in a 2006 Commander, Beats in a '13 RT Charger, Harman Kardon in a '15 SRT Charger, Harman Kardon in a '14 SRT Grand Cherokee, Harman Kardon in a '16 SRT Charger, Alpine in a 2011 Grand Cherokee (which I have since upgraded to Infinity Kappa series speakers).

The Beats system I used definitely didn't seem bad to me, but I have also experienced better factory systems since then. Hopefully they have upgraded it a bit since I last used it, but I wouldn't complain about paying the $600 or so it costs as an option for it one bit.
How would you describe the difference between the Beats and the various Harmon Kardon speakers you've had?
post #10 of 14 Old 04-18-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
How would you describe the difference between the Beats and the various Harmon Kardon speakers you've had?
Going from Beats to HK in the Charger was a noticeable upgrade in terms of bass amount and clarity in the highs which suits my taste better, but I never played with the EQ much in the Beats system to see if that could have improved my perception of it even more. The HK system in the SRT Grand Cherokee blew away the HK in any of my Chargers. It was louder, had better bass, and had a much more surrounding sound stage. I think most of that can be attributed to the poor speaker placement in the Charger compared to the Grand Cherokee. The Charger has most of its speakers blasting into the front and rear windshields. The subwoofer also rattles the rear deck obnoxiously despite my attempts to dampen vibrations with foam. I really miss the HK sound from the GC, but the Charger is by no means bad.

I hope that the speaker placement and cabin dynamics of the Compass, along with some hopeful upgrades/refinements in speaker hardware, make for a decent system. The base factory system in my wife's '15 Dart GT that she traded in was surprisingly good for a entry model sedan, and the base factory system in her new '17 Limited Cherokee is just as good, if not slightly better than the Dart, so I am thinking FCA has been making strides in audio quality over the years. These base systems are MUCH better than what I heard in the base '06 Commander anyway.

The add-on Alpine system in my '11 GC was surprisingly bad though, which is why I upgraded it myself.
NorthStar likes this.
post #11 of 14 Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 PM

it would be great to see a brand like Sennheiser get into car audio systems since already make great sounding headphone, much better than beats, only downside is they don't have the marketing capacity that beats does, even toddlers know what beats headphones are.
post #12 of 14 Old 04-20-2017, 03:46 PM

If we're on headphone companies, I would say Shure Technology. Those guys make amazing quality headphones that provide superb sound. Had beats and moved on to those and it blew them away completely. Tried Pioneers, Sennheisers and one more brand that I'm forgetting and I'll definitely go back with the Shures.
post #13 of 14 Old 04-21-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
it would be great to see a brand like Sennheiser get into car audio systems since already make great sounding headphone, much better than beats, only downside is they don't have the marketing capacity that beats does, even toddlers know what beats headphones are.
Problem is, a quality brand like that wouldn't get involved because car manufacturers are pushing for the cheapest components and overcharging you for them as much as possible. My HK systems were $1,995 options - total ripoff, but that's your only choice if you don't want to deal with the headache of an aftermarket upgrade. I don't think a company like Sennheiser would want to be apart of that.

Quote:
If we're on headphone companies, I would say Shure Technology. Those guys make amazing quality headphones that provide superb sound. Had beats and moved on to those and it blew them away completely. Tried Pioneers, Sennheisers and one more brand that I'm forgetting and I'll definitely go back with the Shures.
Never tried Shure headphones. I have Sennheiser HD 800 S, and prior to those had AKG's K812. I do use Shure for my IEMs though with their SE846, and they are incredible. No way no how I could possibly go back to cheap headphones or IEMs now that I've had some of the best. The difference in sound quality is astounding.
post #14 of 14 Old 04-21-2017, 03:37 PM

I can definitely agree with you on that. It's funny because a lot of people would listen to their cheaper ones and then listen to the various ones I've had and there like yeah.. it's nicer sounding but is it really worth spending the money on? and I would always respond "most definitely" all the time. I'm huge on sound quality and when you really have an ear for it, it's so hard to be satisfied haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.