Where is adaptive cruise control? - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nitemare3219

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 04-16-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Where is adaptive cruise control?

If you Google search "2017 jeep compass adaptive cruise control" you get tons of results regarding ACC on the new Compass. Even the safety feature guide directly from FCA says it (it's the 3rd or 4th link when you search - I can't post direct links yet, sorry guys).

So why is it that the information is nowhere to be found on the build website inside any of the safety feature options, and I have yet to see a steering wheel from one where the buttons are actually present (unless they have changed the way you operate it). This is a huge feature I use daily in my primary vehicle, and the Compass does list Forward Collision Warning+ with emergency auto-braking, so clearly all the hardware is there? Anyone have any info on this? My guess might be that it's going to be a 2018 feature if not available now for some STRANGE reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-17-2017, 04:34 PM

Didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I dug a little deeper and from what Driving says, the adaptive cruise control feature is available in other markets outside of North America.

no idea why they decided to do that or if it'll be in the 2018 model year compasses. Maybe ask the dealership and see what they say?
post #3 of 7 Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 PM

It might be due to regulations since having anything in the U.S. requires getting past strict regulations. at least we can be confident that once it actually comes out, it will be good. Jeep does do certain things well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-21-2017, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelin View Post
Didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I dug a little deeper and from what Driving says, the adaptive cruise control feature is available in other markets outside of North America.

no idea why they decided to do that or if it'll be in the 2018 model year compasses. Maybe ask the dealership and see what they say?
Dealership is pretty clueless unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
It might be due to regulations since having anything in the U.S. requires getting past strict regulations. at least we can be confident that once it actually comes out, it will be good. Jeep does do certain things well.
Seems mind blowing they wouldn't have the feature available at launch though considering they've been using this exact setup across multiple vehicles for many years now. Makes me almost want to not pick up my 2017 order and wait for 2018 when it will hopefully be here... likely with a price increase too though.
Joel likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2017, 04:36 PM

We really have no idea if adaptive cruise control will come in the 2018 model year. Wish Jeep would just install it in the Compass as they do have models sold in NA that has it equipped. I think the Cherokee has it, so the adaptive cruise control can pass U.S. regulations.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-24-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 View Post

Seems mind blowing they wouldn't have the feature available at launch though considering they've been using this exact setup across multiple vehicles for many years now. Makes me almost want to not pick up my 2017 order and wait for 2018 when it will hopefully be here... likely with a price increase too though.
Do yourself a favor and wait. This might be the reason that saves you from having to deal with a whole host of issues. You know what they say about first year production vehicles right?
post #7 of 7 Old 04-25-2017, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 View Post

Do yourself a favor and wait. This might be the reason that saves you from having to deal with a whole host of issues. You know what they say about first year production vehicles right?
Yeah, that's definitely another thing I'm afraid of. TSB city... hell, refreshes can have first year issues too, letalone a full redesign.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.