17' Jeep Compass Interior - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 01-11-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

17' Jeep Compass Interior

Someone managed to take some spyshots of the interior of the 2017 Jeep Compass that has been testing in India. Looks pretty simple, nothing too crazy. Nice AWD lock position

https://www.carwale.com/news/interio...-mumbai-26567/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-12-2017, 03:22 PM

That doesn't look like the 2017 compass interior we see here: New Jeep Compass Model

Why is the infotainment screen so small?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-12-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Looks like the interior is the same, but it could be a lower-end trim ?? Because the spacing seems to be sufficient for the screen that looks like in the other thread ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-13-2017, 03:45 PM

I see where I was confused for a second when compared the pictures. The USB port is on the right in the previously posted pictures, the one in the spy shot is on the left. But I didn't take into account that one is left hand drive and the other is right. *facepalm* At least we know Jeep looks at every little detail including control orientation.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-22-2017, 05:29 AM

I can't get over how weirdly positioned that USB and headphone jack is. They should have kept it a bit more discrete and not as obvious.

However when it comes to accessibility, that's makes it super easy, still, most car makers do it in the way I suggested and no one is complaining. Aside from that I don't mind everything else.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-23-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Where it's located, I'd be worried about dust and dirt getting built up in there. It would be nice if they had dust caps over the aux and the USB at least.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-23-2017, 03:45 PM

Would have been better if the drive modes were listed as auto, snow, mud, and then sand. The three modes more likely to be used are those on a regular basis and the sand not so much. At least that's my assumption unless you live near large areas of sand.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-24-2017, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

That doesn't really bother me... it just a simple turn of the knob away. Doesn't pose any sort of inconvenience at all either.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-26-2017, 03:26 AM

If you think about this in terms of being a world market vehicle then its easy to see how the Sand control along with other things fit in even for a market where its rare for people to be in sand...plus this is a Jeep, its the go anywhere vehicle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.