2017 Jeep Compass Bows In At The Toronto Auto Show - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 02-21-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

2017 Jeep Compass Bows In At The Toronto Auto Show

Sitting on a pedestal in the Jeep exhibition at the ongoing Canadian International Autoshow (CIAS) is the all-new 2017 Jeep Compass. The red model may be fenced off from the general public, but a black Trailhawk and Limited 4x4 are accessible on the showroom floor just waiting for you to get up close and personal with.

On paper, the Compass is an urban explorer with superior off-road capabilities and it lives up to that expectation in person. The Trailhawk’s 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir engine with ESS is mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission and Jeep’s Active Drive Low 4x4 system. Standard equipment includes a set of 17-inch aluminum wheels, black interior accents with red stitching, trail rated off-road suspension, leather wrapped steering wheel, Apple Carplay/Android Auto, hill descent control and more.

Luckily, the Limited and Trailhawk models were left unlocked and we had a chance to sit inside and test out the passenger ergonomics. The bolstered seats in front are wide and comfortable with red accent stitching throughout the Trailhawk’s cabin. Rear passengers should have ample leg room if you take into account the space under the front seats and there’s two to three inches of space between my head and the roof. Granted I am five-foot-six so taller passengers may not fit as comfortably as me.

The center console is well organized with a drive mode selector knob that offers available settings including Auto, Snow, Sand and Mud. There’s also a Rock mode but that’s exclusive to the Trailhawk model.

There’s a lot going for the 2017 Compass including soft touch plastics, plenty of USB and outlets, and space under the cargo floor for emergency tools and perhaps a small spare tire. One small gripe I do have with the new Compass is the limited rear visibility which could be remedied by removing the rear seat headrests.

Other than that, the new 2017 Jeep Compass is worth a trip to the Canadian International Autoshow if you happen to be in Toronto before the 26th.

2017 Jeep Compass CIAS Album

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-22-2017, 03:54 PM

As much as I like the Trailhawk's cabin with orange accent, features like Rock mode won't be used at all. I'd probably just go with the Limited with a Sunroof and call it a day. Doesn't look like it'll come with homelink either.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-22-2017, 05:32 PM

Glad to see this forum made its way out to the Canadian show. From what you guys know are there any differences between the Canadian market and US market Compass? Hopefully you were able to speak to some reps while at the show since that's the easiest way to get this sort of information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-23-2017, 04:17 PM

Odd Jeep has to point out that you should fill the Compass tank with unleaded gas, I thought they stopped selling leaded gas years ago?

post #5 of 6 Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 PM

That might be something they did by default for overseas sales. Much easier to create one line that produces on the gas door than to divide it up to be with/without depending on market.

With more and more car makers aiming for world market vehicles we'll be seeing this more and more,
post #6 of 6 Old 03-01-2017, 04:18 PM

You do make a good point, I was using NA fuel as the standard. Rear window visibility is horrible with the passenger seat headrests up. I guess those will have to go and I can never ferry anyone back there. What a shame.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.