Ordered - The All- New Compass - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nitemare3219

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 30 Old 04-08-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Ordered - The All- New Compass

I ordered my Compass last Saturday, April 1, 2017.

Limited 4x4
White w/ Black roof
Black Interior

Packages:
Navigation Group
Safety and Security Group
Advanced Safety and Lighting Group

Options:
19x7.5 Polished/Blk Pkt wheels
Power Liftgate
Beats Premium Audio

Received VON on Tuesday and VIN on Thursday

Compass is expected 6-8 weeks from April 1st

w/ negotiating and some incentive/rebates I got it for a little over 3k off MSRP

I'm excited.

I can answer any questions about the experience and such, or anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 04-08-2017, 01:29 PM

Garage
Nice, a powered lift gate, dam I like to have a powered EJECTION SEAT on the passenger side, that way i could get reed of the bitching with a push of a button. then I can off road in peace.

I am happy with my 2016, but when I got it I picked it up that day I don't know if I could wait 6 weeks. I be a wreck.

keep up dating us with your purchase experience. when you get your Jeep, how you like it and not like. Picture as well.

My Compass is used with 15000 on it now and I am totally happy with my purchase.

2016 Jeep Compass Latitude
2.4L with 6 speed Automatic Transmission
----------------------------------------------
2000 Jeep Cherokee with Snoway plow
4.0L with Auto Transmission
----------------------------------------------
1970 Opel Gt
1.9L with Standard Transmission
post #3 of 30 Old 04-08-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotvak123 View Post
Nice, a powered lift gate, dam I like to have a powered EJECTION SEAT on the passenger side, that way i could get reed of the bitching with a push of a button. then I can off road in peace.

I am happy with my 2016, but when I got it I picked it up that day I don't know if I could wait 6 weeks. I be a wreck.

keep up dating us with your purchase experience. when you get your Jeep, how you like it and not like. Picture as well.

My Compass is used with 15000 on it now and I am totally happy with my purchase.

Yeah, i'm really excited. It'll look exactly like this photo(attached) so exicted
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg download.jpeg (9.6 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 04-09-2017, 06:06 AM

Congrats man! The excitement must be killing you. The color combo is exactly what I would go with though, especially the black roof. Must have in my opinion.
post #5 of 30 Old 04-10-2017, 04:38 PM

Congrats! 3k off MSRP seems like a pretty good deal on a new Jeep. What were you driving before?
post #6 of 30 Old 04-11-2017, 04:39 PM

You got the Navigation package, nice! Don't really notice it until you've had it for a while and then wonder how you ever got around without it.
post #7 of 30 Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelin View Post
Congrats! 3k off MSRP seems like a pretty good deal on a new Jeep. What were you driving before?
I have a Pontiac G8 GT (have had her for almost 8 years) and a BMW M2. I am selling the G8, the compass is intended to replace that as my daily.
post #8 of 30 Old 04-16-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
You got the Navigation package, nice! Don't really notice it until you've had it for a while and then wonder how you ever got around without it.
Generally speaking, in-car maps suck. I much prefer Google Maps on my phone, but the problem there is dealing with the awkwardness of looking at the directions unless you mount your phone. With the new UConnect systems though, they support Car Play & Android Auto, so the maps are in the dash screen! Considering that, I'd pass on the navigation and save the $1,000~ unless you absolutely need offline directions.
post #9 of 30 Old 04-16-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 View Post
Generally speaking, in-car maps suck. I much prefer Google Maps on my phone, but the problem there is dealing with the awkwardness of looking at the directions unless you mount your phone. With the new UConnect systems though, they support Car Play & Android Auto, so the maps are in the dash screen! Considering that, I'd pass on the navigation and save the $1,000~ unless you absolutely need offline directions.
I totally, get what your saying. I just always order my vehicles fully loaded, minus the sunroof(I like the A/C lol).
post #10 of 30 Old 04-18-2017, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy6188 View Post
I totally, get what your saying. I just always order my vehicles fully loaded, minus the sunroof(I like the A/C lol).
Can't blame you there. Certainly helps the resale value.

I just ordered (with zero obligation) a Compass Limited today! MSRP with options was somewhere just over 33K - would you be kind enough to tell me how you were able to achieve 3K~ off MSRP? Right now they didn't seem to be willing to offer me anything other than what Jeep is offering... and with that, I am looking at using Friends/Family pricing (1% below invoice) + $500 Military cash allowance, which appears to be a total discount of about ~$1,500. If you managed to do 3K, that is incredible and I would love to make that happen for my deal as well. I will be leasing though if that makes any difference (typically doesn't). My wife bought a 2017 Limited Cherokee today and they had a whopping $3,500 in bonus cash alone for those models. The finance manager said that he fully expects FCA to offer up incentives by the time the vehicle is delivered since the lots around the country will be filling up with them, but that seems like a short ~6 weeks away and I'm not so sure if FCA will feel the need to encourage movement on such a new and attractive vehicle.
post #11 of 30 Old 04-18-2017, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Can't blame you there. Certainly helps the resale value.

I just ordered (with zero obligation) a Compass Limited today! MSRP with options was somewhere just over 33K - would you be kind enough to tell me how you were able to achieve 3K~ off MSRP? Right now they didn't seem to be willing to offer me anything other than what Jeep is offering... and with that, I am looking at using Friends/Family pricing (1% below invoice) + $500 Military cash allowance, which appears to be a total discount of about ~$1,500. If you managed to do 3K, that is incredible and I would love to make that happen for my deal as well. I will be leasing though if that makes any difference (typically doesn't). My wife bought a 2017 Limited Cherokee today and they had a whopping $3,500 in bonus cash alone for those models. The finance manager said that he fully expects FCA to offer up incentives by the time the vehicle is delivered since the lots around the country will be filling up with them, but that seems like a short ~6 weeks away and I'm not so sure if FCA will feel the need to encourage movement on such a new and attractive vehicle.
mine was MSRP 34,710 with options before discounts. I am purchasing, I got 1100 off the price plus 2k in "incentives/Rebates". All the other dealers around me refused to move on the price, saying it was impossible. 1K was conquest cause I lease the M2 from bmw, and the other 1k was some other incentive but I don't remember the name of it.

Additionally, they told me more incentives may be available by the time i take delivery but i'm not holding my breath.

Mine moved to F status today which means Paint.

Lastly, i'm purchasing the Maximum Care unlimited miles unlimited time extended warranty thru FCA plus the wheel and tire hazard thru them for 3k. Not from my dealership though they were at 5k and i found a dealer through the jeep forums, and he is selling it to me for 3k. Which is common practice.
post #12 of 30 Old 04-19-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Limited 4x4
White w/ Black roof
Black Interior

Packages:
Navigation Group

Options:
Power Liftgate
Beats Premium Audio

w/ negotiating and some incentive/rebates I got it for a little over 3k off MSRP

I'm excited.

Received estimated arrival at the dealer : 5/29/2017 to 6/4/2017
post #13 of 30 Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM

That's pretty much within the estimated time span they provided you. How long will your Maximum Care last?
post #14 of 30 Old 04-20-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That's pretty much within the estimated time span they provided you. How long will your Maximum Care last?
They actually just updated it 5/8/17 to 5/14/17 delivery to dealer estimate.

Maximum Care is Lifetime - Unlimited Miles/Unlimited Time
post #15 of 30 Old 04-21-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
They actually just updated it 5/8/17 to 5/14/17 delivery to dealer estimate.

Maximum Care is Lifetime - Unlimited Miles/Unlimited Time
Are you getting email updates or somehow using VOTS? I ordered mine on April 17th and had a VIN on April 18th. No idea where it is now though. I'm out of state from mid-May to 28 May... so hopefully mine takes its sweet time getting here since I won't be home to pick it up if it comes that quickly.

EDIT: Guess I'll go ahead and post my info too since this could be a bit of a group thread.

Limited
Billet Silver w/ Black roof exterior
Black/Ski Grey interior
Trailer Tow Group
19x7.5 Polished/Black Pocket Wheels
Beats Premium Audio

MSRP: $33,815 - Invoice: $32,766 - My current deal w/ incentives (subject to improve): $32,013

Last edited by Nitemare3219; 04-21-2017 at 02:50 PM.
post #16 of 30 Old 04-22-2017, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Are you getting email updates or somehow using VOTS? I ordered mine on April 17th and had a VIN on April 18th. No idea where it is now though. I'm out of state from mid-May to 28 May... so hopefully mine takes its sweet time getting here since I won't be home to pick it up if it comes that quickly.

EDIT: Guess I'll go ahead and post my info too since this could be a bit of a group thread.

Limited
Billet Silver w/ Black roof exterior
Black/Ski Grey interior
Trailer Tow Group
19x7.5 Polished/Black Pocket Wheels
Beats Premium Audio

MSRP: $33,815 - Invoice: $32,766 - My current deal w/ incentives (subject to improve): $32,013
i just do the chat function on jeep contact us and give them my VIN to check the status. My dealer has also been giving me the update a day later or so.
post #17 of 30 Old 04-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
i just do the chat function on jeep contact us and give them my VIN to check the status. My dealer has also been giving me the update a day later or so.
Tried the chat and they just gave me my VIN and said it was being built - no detailed info unfortunately, at least from that rep. I did get a call today from the dealer though... they are expecting it to arrive in 2-3 weeks, meaning 3-4 weeks total from order to delivery?

I actually hope it doesn't arrive that fast. I still need time to sell my older Jeep privately, plus I'm afraid there won't be any bonus cash or other incentives available yet. That alone might make me tell them to sell it to someone else and I'll wait until 2018 orders open where hopefully adaptive cruise and some incentives will be present.
post #18 of 30 Old 04-23-2017, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Tried the chat and they just gave me my VIN and said it was being built - no detailed info unfortunately, at least from that rep. I did get a call today from the dealer though... they are expecting it to arrive in 2-3 weeks, meaning 3-4 weeks total from order to delivery?

I actually hope it doesn't arrive that fast. I still need time to sell my older Jeep privately, plus I'm afraid there won't be any bonus cash or other incentives available yet. That alone might make me tell them to sell it to someone else and I'll wait until 2018 orders open where hopefully adaptive cruise and some incentives will be present.
History tells me they will wait till the 2019 or 2020 model to "add" features(that are already available over seas). I can't see them setting features for a few months than crossing over to 2018 and being like oh yeah new features. Plus idk if they add those features cause they wanna keep the price below the cherokee, adding those features will just bring it in line.
post #19 of 30 Old 04-23-2017, 08:19 PM

Why would the incentives be subject to improvement? I can see that happening near the holiday season, but not too sure about the middle of the year.
post #20 of 30 Old 04-24-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
History tells me they will wait till the 2019 or 2020 model to "add" features(that are already available over seas). I can't see them setting features for a few months than crossing over to 2018 and being like oh yeah new features. Plus idk if they add those features cause they wanna keep the price below the cherokee, adding those features will just bring it in line.
I think they actually would easily add this in 2018 because it is literally going to be flipping a switch to do so. Hell, if someone installs the proper buttons on the steering wheel, it may actually work! The hardware and capability is 100% there already with the camera, radar sensor, and automatic braking.

FCA has incrementally improved several notable features. Every year since 2015, UConnect has been upgraded slightly on certain vehicles. My 2016 added the ability to rearrange icons on the bottom navigation bar and a few other useless things, yet 2017 models have a new UConnect system with CarPlay and Android Auto. 2014 vehicles lacked full-stop adaptive cruise, yet 2015 enabled it (even though the hardware was actually capable of full-stop already). That is why I think it might have been a stupid regulatory delay or something that prevented them from adding it at launch in the U.S., and will be added in 2018. Or maybe you're right... maybe they want to prevent parity between the Compass and the Cherokee.

Quote:
Why would the incentives be subject to improvement? I can see that happening near the holiday season, but not too sure about the middle of the year.
The Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, Renegade, and Patriot all have bonus cash on them, likely to move '17's off the lots since we are nearing the end of the production year. Why FCA launched the Compass as a 2017 at the end of the '17 production year makes no sense to me... they will probably need to do something to move them off the lots because some people will not want a full-priced 2017 when 2018's are right around the corner, and the Compass was not an attractive vehicle in the past so it's not like people are seeking it out yet since most won't be aware of the redesign.
post #21 of 30 Old 04-24-2017, 10:49 PM

Good point since we're nearing the 1/2 year mark completely forgot about that, shift change over happens, etc. Jeep might be doing this earlier than others, from what I noticed they weren't always the best with moving models.
post #22 of 30 Old 04-25-2017, 03:29 PM

20xx model clearouts typically do happen around this time as new inventory is stepping in. Happens all the time doesn't it?
post #23 of 30 Old 04-25-2017, 04:51 PM

Have you put down a non-refundable deposit for your compass? until you sign the final paperwork, you should still be able back out of the deal.
post #24 of 30 Old 04-25-2017, 07:34 PM

I hope not, I can't see why people put down non-refundable deposits. That just sounds horrendous.
post #25 of 30 Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelin View Post
Have you put down a non-refundable deposit for your compass? until you sign the final paperwork, you should still be able back out of the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
I hope not, I can't see why people put down non-refundable deposits. That just sounds horrendous.
Sales manager was happy to let me click the order button on exactly what I wanted with no deposit or committment at all to buy since they had 0 on the lot.
NorthStar likes this.
post #26 of 30 Old 04-26-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Sales manager was happy to let me click the order button on exactly what I wanted with no deposit or committment at all to buy since they had 0 on the lot.
Nice, can never go wrong with making a decision like that with those circumstances
post #27 of 30 Old 05-02-2017, 04:13 AM

Hey All!

I sold my Wrangler Willys last month in anticipation of the compass. Weird, I know, but the wrangler was just too small (I'm a 2-door only kinda guy) and the compass styling was too nice to pass up!

Ordered April 1st:

Redline Trailhawk.

Added the:
Cold weather group (I'm in CO).
The sunroof.
The popular equipment group.
Beats stereo system.

The dealership customer service has been kinda lacking to be honest. When i ordered it I told the guy that I am a Type-A and would want to be keep in the loop and updated as much as possible. Heard nothing from him after I ordered it and put down the $500 deposit. They had some staff changes, but still!

Because I'm an OCD TYPE-A kinda guy, a few days after I placed an order, I noticed a new jeep pop up in the dealerships inventory on their website among 10 or so others they had on order. Turns out the specs matched exactly what I ordered. I used the VIN from the listing on the site to call Jeep directly and get status updates, they confirmed it was my jeep. Late last week they told me it had shipped, it had an estimated delivery date between 5/4 - 5/10. On one of the calls one of the reps even told me it was in MO. I was excited, getting close! I called this morning and the lady I talked to said it was preparing to ship, after some back and forth she told me it had an estimated delivery date of 5/18. She said she had no idea where the previous people I talked to had got the information about the delivery timeframe of 5/4-5/10 or the ststus update of it sitting in Jefferson City, MO.

ARG!!

Last edited by JeremyD83; 05-02-2017 at 12:01 PM.
post #28 of 30 Old 05-02-2017, 04:54 PM

I chatted with someone else this morning about the status and this time was given the "ETA Delivery of 5/4 - 5/10", maybe that person yesterday was just looking at the wrong information. Who Knows!
post #29 of 30 Old 05-05-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyD83 View Post
I chatted with someone else this morning about the status and this time was given the "ETA Delivery of 5/4 - 5/10", maybe that person yesterday was just looking at the wrong information. Who Knows!
Oh Man, what a crazy couple of days its been. I knew that previous call didn't seem right, something was just off. So the next day I did a chat session with Jeep asking if there were any updates, they tell me it looks like the vehicle is coming today, a few seconds later he responds with, its already there! (This was on Wednesday 5-3) So i text the guy I have been working with, he replies back "Its here!" and sends me a pic with the wrapping on it (attached). He lets me know it has to go through an inspection so we planned on me coming in at 6pm. I drove off the lot at 9:40pm! (Why in the hell does it take so long to buy a car?!)

Anyway, I now have it. Its only been a short period of time to really evaluate but here it what i have so far:

1) I love it! The red color is so much more impressive in person than in the pics. The styling on it is so nice, muscular and chunky, just really sexy!
2) I love the styling of the trail hawk, the red lining on the inside and exterior trail hawk styling.
3) So glad I went with the command view moonroof, its HUUUUGE.
4) Glad I went with the Beats audio system, its great, bumping sound.
5) The Uconnect touch screen is great, nice big screen. Its a bit laggier than I was expecting and than what I have seen in videos. The Apple CarPlay is really great, I love it. Works really well and no lag or anything.
6) Its so smooth to drive, love driving it.
7) The Auto Start/Stop takes some getting used to (First time for me), Im giving it the old college try because its supposed to save on gas. I think its fine and I will end up using it all the time.
so glad i went with the black roof, especially on the trailhawk, it just all ties in together well.

Thats all i have for now, If anyone has questions or anything, shoot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170503_1427591.jpg (43.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0252.jpg (91.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0253.jpg (79.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0255.jpg (62.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0256.jpg (59.0 KB, 5 views)
post #30 of 30 Old 05-13-2017, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Limited 4x4
White w/ Black roof
Black Interior

Packages:
Navigation Group

Options:
Power Liftgate
Beats Premium Audio

I'm excited.

My compass was delivered to the dealer on Tuesday (May 9th) and I picked her up today. Of course its down pouring here in New York today so it was fun to drive around and test her out. I'll upload some photos once it gets nicer and I get her cleaned up again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.