Transmission problem - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 05-31-2016, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Smile Transmission problem

I have a 2012 compass . Trans over heating when pushed on hot day is this normal. Do I need to see the dealer . It has 126000 miles and never changed the Tran fluid will that help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 12:22 AM

Curious on the response.

I have a 2011 with 69k miles and had it over heat this weekend for the first time. Now considering trading it for a grand Cherokee or wrangler unlimited to avoid future problems/money dump.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Wish I could do that to won't get to much for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-27-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRAPAL View Post
I have a 2012 compass . Trans over heating when pushed on hot day is this normal. Do I need to see the dealer . It has 126000 miles and never changed the Tran fluid will that help?
if you have an extended warranty then yes get it in before your extended warranty expires MY jeep at 140 klms has had 2 trannys and may be getting its third i may just dump it horrible pos
post #5 of 7 Old 08-04-2016, 09:28 PM

Hey all. I have a 2009 Compass North Edition. I had the transmission over heat on me a couple of times. I simply took it to a transmission guy and he fully serviced it. fuild filter change, etc. $200.00 and no issues since. I know the CVT's aren't supposed to be serviceable, but they are. Also with most transmissions today, as they are in smaller packages and are working harder than before, it's time to consider them a maintenance item with a full service every 100,000 kms (60,000 miles). it's a couple of hundred, but can save you $$$$$
post #6 of 7 Old 08-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme View Post
if you have an extended warranty then yes get it in before your extended warranty expires MY jeep at 140 klms has had 2 trannys and may be getting its third i may just dump it horrible pos
No signature so no idea what you are driving. I am on my 2nd CVT and no idea if there are any shops knowledgeable on servicing them. Putting in the wrong fluid would be a killer big time some shop will consistently put the wrong fluid in normal transmissions. I have seen and had it happen they just don't get it or care.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
136,000km Nov. 2016
STILL DO NOT BUY A JEEP COMPASS is my RECOMMENDATION

2008 Hyunda Sante Fe AWD Limited 3.3L V6

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002
SOLD @ 292,000km
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-18-2017, 03:00 PM

Im curious to answers. I have 2012 jeep compass. 102,000 miles. Just bought 3 months ago. Yesterday in NC temps were 74 and i was running ac and going up a big mountain plus traffic was bumper to bumper. My trans over heating light came on. Pulled over when i could. Let cool off 30 min. Then drove all way home about 1.5 hrs and it did fine and light went out and didn't come back on. I have noticed a whine in trans from day 1. I was told it was normal as its a 4 cyl. But now i Wonder if that is normal? I live in Va so lots hills and curvy roads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.