Jeep Compass Forum - View Single Post - Recalibrate for better throttle response?
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 03-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Cherokee
Administrator

I tend to agree with ACX on this one. As far as the Compass goes, there really is not much you can do to this one. Like I was telling someone last night, I know it won't be long before someone tries putting the Compass on stilts, lol, or something like that, but it just wouldn't look right with the 6" skyjacker lift that I have on my Cherokee, even though I would pay to see someone try, he he. Unfortunately, for those who might be tempted to try, I just do not see any way to modify this car. It is not like my old Dodge P/U, where dropping a bigger block into it is within the realm of possibility, or increasing the air induction. To change your "stop to go" ratio, so to speak, really is not possible with this one. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but without a throttle to engine block cable, where it is adjustable manually, without having to do it electronically, I do not see a way on this one. Besides that, I would hate to see what that would do to the other electronic components that the computer controls, as on this one, everything is inter-related.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome