My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Premium Beats Audio Surround Issue

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ua_who 
#1 ·
My Premium audio system loses the Surround function, which is a problem because we pays more money for a "Premium Audio System" that does not work properly

#2 ·
Interesting. I have had a similar issue with mine since new. When I bought it and was setting stuff up, there was a LOUD option. What ever I set it to, made the option go away. So the volume is 0 and nothing plays. When I turn it to 1, it is as loud as 5 in my girlfriend's '18 KL Latitude Plus. When I turn it to 10, it is about as loud as her 10, and so on up from there. I cannot listen to it on a low setting. I've never seen it after the first day. I think the surround option is still there, and will check later for you.

#3 ·
Me too, I have no surround sound option at all whatsoever. It is like it does not exist on my car.
I currently have a 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk, with the BeatsAudio™ Premium II Audio System with nine speakers with a 12-channel amp and subwoofer.
Nowhere in my uconnect setup can I find Surround Sound button, went back to dealership today, looked at the exact same car as mine, and its right there on the car.
Dealer is 100% baffled and told me make a service appointment. Not what I want to hear. This car is two weeks old and I am annoyed.

#4 ·
I just cycled through all of our sources, USB, bluetooth, satellite, FM... and all had the surround sound available.
I will make a note and look on and off as we drive it to see if it disappears.

I am struggling trying to piece together what else would be "different" between the examples in your video.
I see that in the second one,, when the option was there, you had a cell phone hooked up.
So I did an experiment.

My wife's iphone was hooked up the first time by default... surround sound = YES
I disconnected hers, and changed to my android... surround sound = YES
Disconnected that one too (no phone at all)... surround sound = NO
Reconnected android... surround sound = NO
Disconnected android, reconnected iphone... surround sound = NO
Waited a minute or too... surround sound = NO
Waited 30 min, iphone connected... surround sound = YES

So, my best guess: Car Play issue. The system is taking a cue from the phone and handing off some settings to let the phone handle. Then, once the phone is gone, goofs up and doesn't reestablish the feature?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.