My Jeep Compass Forum banner

INTRO/Just me checking in 09 Jeep Compass

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Cherokee 
#1 ·
Hello all!! hope everyone is doing well. I joined up a few months ago just getting around to introducing myself properly.. I have a 2009 Jeep Compass (Rallye) I ordered while I was stationed Germany. I am currently in Iraq and looking forward to R&R next month..:Dwoohooo, get to give the Mrs and Munchkins a squeeze. WoW I miss them so much and my Jeep can't wait to drive on a normal highway and relax just a bit. Then again I will be driving in Texas sooo, I will have to be on high alert:eek:..lol..well thats all for now..later..

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you and thank you for your service, it's greatly appreciated! Congrats on your Compass, gotta love the Rallye! You have any mod plans for it? Definitely a cool platform to start with if you do have some upgrades in mind! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask! Stay safe over there and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

#3 ·
my mods../little back story

Well I have a few mods and lots more to come, I will try and keep it in order.
Before I even picked it up my Jeep at the port I already had parts for it.
chrome grille/mirror cover/door handles..
took it to the German tuning Shop down the street from my house in Leimen, GE. those are great guys, tried out the K&N and the Weapon R secret weapon intake, I have the Weapon R did better air temp was colder too. then I had them retune my engine (for the autobahn) no gov. upgraded suspension HnR coil overs 35mm drop/mopar upper strut bar/custom rear lower tie bar, blew the struts replaced with bosch performance struts/ Espark plugs/ painted my engine cover same color of Jeep/ stubbie antenna/ I have wrap on the hood and right rear, viper alarm

Before I left for Iraq I just dropped of my Jeep at the Shop(for the sound system and some lighting inside and out.)

UPCOMING upgrades being done now, JVC DVD 7" player/radio/ 7" monitors in headrest, green suede inserts/custom paint pieces of interior same color of Jeep/ custom sound system JL AUDIO, 20x8.5 wheels/ Custom adjustable suspension/ Borla Exhaust.I love my Jeep Compass and drove it all over, Europe. I got it with less than 10 miles on it. the drive home was a blast and I got to break the engine almost 500 miles home on the autobahn going 90-100mph. I drive my vehicles if its weak it will fall apart..lol..this compass has over 25,000 miles on it of winding back roads in Germany(the track hockenheimer ring) and alps crossing to Italy, Amsterdam, Belgium Just to name a few and the Autobahn I have never had any issues. I wish it came with a bigger engine and 6sp, my intention was never to go off road with my compass, I just saw it one day in google at a SEMA show then in the paper at the frankfurt expo, told my wife i wanted one and i ordered it how i wanted it. never looked back..lol..:cool:

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum, sounds like your Compass is far from the ugliest!
How long till R & R?

#6 ·
Sorry - silly civillian mistake.
Keep your head up and stay safe until you get your butt back home and into your own Yankee armour. Hope the day come soon when we see you and all your guys, as well as our own Canadian Peace Keepers in Afghanistan, out of harm's way.

#7 ·
its ok, yeah I am sure that will have the luxury of going to Afghanistan before its all said and done. Hopefully everything will quiet down and everyone can go home..i worked with some Canadian soldiers in Bosnia/ years ago like 12 yrs ago. long time. I was only 19 or 20 yrs old then.

#8 ·
All I can say is very nice mod list!!! :)

- Cherokee

#11 ·
I know I can't wait to post some pics, you have to have 15 post I guess because my avatar is not even showing yet. but I have a few here with me I can post, I had my Jeep on Car Domain but both rides got deleted out of the Garage. My profile is still on just no rides weird, I will have to fix that when I get home. It makes me mad because I was the #1 Compass out of the 63 on there and I think top 10 out of all Jeep rides. oh well....

#13 ·
Yeah, it kind of sucks but now i can build a better car domain page and move up from there..lol..I cant wait for the borla exhaust install, even though it will only be on for a few months. Before I head back to Iraq from leave I hope to have everything in place for the engine and tranny swap/ 3.5L H.O with 6sp Getrag tranny..If inertia motorsports gets it engine together in time I will buy one from them 4.0L H.O with all the bells and whistles. :)

#15 ·
Posting pics will earn ya forgiveness lol! :)

- Cherokee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.