My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Chip performance upgrades available?

13K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  asirico 
#1 ·
I've been checking the sites on any viable computer chip performance suppliers for the Compass. I havent seen anything. Is there anything available that is trustworthy? In the past I have upgraded other cars with Superchips, and I was wondering if there is anything currently available.

thanks

#2 ·
Nothing that I am aware of..

Chrysler is not too helpful generally in the tuning area.

I've seen JET chips which IMO aren't great.

Superchips has a few applications but not for us.

Some chrysler dealers do "performance reflashes" to the PCM but I've never seen that on a compass / caliber / patriot.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info, that is what I have found on the internet. Let's hope that there will be something soon!

#4 ·
chip?

In my opinion this 2.4 needs some real imporvement on the get up and go end. For a 2.4 L engine it is neither very good on mpg or power :x This world engine is sadly lacking. :!: If Chrysler (as of yesterday Daimler was bought out) wants these three vehicles, Compass, Caliber, Patriot to be better sellers than the Neon was the fuel MPG has got to go up, and the power increased! :twisted:
If a chip that was any good at all I would most likely try it. :D

#6 ·
Floyd, what you are not telling us is that your video is NOT you off roading, but really just getting around on the Estonian national highway . . . lol, just kidding :lol: .
But seriously, are can the roads be so much better then those here in Montreal that you can use the extra performance.
For a North American's knowledge, what are the roads like over there, :?: I see you too have winter.
What are the speed limits, :?: we face 100km maximum on our best highways.

#7 ·
i2canoe said:
Floyd, what you are not telling us is that your video is NOT you off roading, but really just getting around on the Estonian national highway . . . lol, just kidding :lol:
Estonian roads are quite similar, but some are with asphalt :D
That's why I bought Jeep, so I can follow the map in my GPS :)

i2canoe said:
But seriously, are can the roads be so much better then those here in Montreal that you can use the extra performance.
No, I'm not planning to install this for two reasons:
1) manufacturer's warranty
2) I assume that the manufacturer has made his work properly and the engine has been set up for optimal perfomance, so upgrading it would take it's value from somewhere --- engine lifetime or something else, I don't know...
So I wanted to know if anyone has tried and is it worth it.. :wink:

i2canoe said:
For a North American's knowledge, what are the roads like over there, :?: I see you too have winter.
What are the speed limits, :?: we face 100km maximum on our best highways.
This is still autumn, winter comes with Xmas. But mostly it's from -5 to-10 C in winter here, couple times in every winter it goes down to -20 ... -30 C. And the same numbers with + sign in summer :)
Best highways have 110 km/h in summer, in other seasons there is 90 km/h speed limit.

#8 ·
Floyd said:
This is still autumn, winter comes with Xmas. But mostly it's from -5 to-10 C in winter here, couple times in every winter it goes down to -20 ... -30 C. And the same numbers with + sign in summer :)
Best highways have 110 km/h in summer, in other seasons there is 90 km/h speed limit.
So we enjoy very much similar climates. :roll:
It is -7C today, yesterday dumped 30cm of snow on Montreal. But they are predicting +2C buy Saturday. So it goes. 8)

Floyd said:
Estonian roads are quite similar, but some are with asphalt :D
Great comeback! :lol:

#11 ·
I would have started a new thread, as the latest version has different things offered.

Jet has a Stage 1 and a Stage 2 performance chip but I don't know how good they are.
There are also, as was said in the early posts, places you can go to have the computer flashed, and some of them claim pretty solid gains.

Going further down the rabbit hole, something about the latest Compass engine makes it less than desirable to put a turbo on. In non-U.S. markets, they sell turbo options with smaller vehicles. However, I don't believe those turbos are compatible with the 2.4 engine.

If you're looking for more responsiveness, you might want to look into a different transmission option. I have the 9 speed, and in the limited time I had to drive it before I left on some work business, putting in the manual mode allowed you to shift the engine to desire gear and gave it some pickup, but I'm not sure that is the way to drive it to maximize efficiency, especially with the smaller gas tank.

I'm going to start looking aggressively into some other options when I get back, and if I find better options to upgrade I will post them on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.