My Jeep Compass Forum banner

List the led bulbs that worked for you

62K views 88 replies 35 participants last post by  MNResortJeep 
#1 · (Edited)
There has been a lot of talk on here about led bulbs, some having issues and others not. Let's start a list of ones that work or don't.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XHDYTGL?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

These work for fog lights with no modifications or canbus adapter needed

They also work for headlights with a small modification to the dust cap and no canbus adapter needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MQEIRTO?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

These fit the drl with some trimming of a tab on the bulb. However there is an issue of them staying on very dim for up to an hour after the vehicle is shut off. Possibly a canbus issue. I would not recommend these.

#54 ·
Lasfit have lower profile bulbs for the high beam. Their normal bulb fits in my low beam. I am looking for a better pattern bulb at the moment. So I'm just using them my fog lights. But they do work in the signal lights and The indicator lights. Nothing works in the full tail lights as of yet because of the weird CANBUS coating back there.

#56 ·
#59 ·
I am replacing my exterior lights with LEDs and have been going through all the threads here to plan everything out. I see lots of people recommending the Auxito lights for the turn signals, but are you guys also using load resistors or do they work without? Do the auxitos get the hyper flash error at long turn lights?

#61 ·
I have the Auxito's on my high and low beams. They fit in the housing, have a great pattern and NO warnings on the dash board. I used another brand (can't recall the name) for the DRL and had the dim condition, so I installed and resistor and it resolved that issue.

#60 ·
I use the lasfit anti hyper flash. They will hyper flash at long lights but I just turn my signal on later. I am used to it now.

#62 ·
Thank you for your help. I just completed my LED install and wanted to catalog my parts list and experience for other's reference.

Lowbeams: TINSINCE H11, 6000k, 4200 lumens each, $50 total. I was really impressed with the quality of these and length of cable made them easy to install.

DRL: Alla Lighting 2504, 6000k, 1400 lumens each, $17 total. I was impressed with the quality of these.

Fog Lights: Morefulls H11, 6000k, 1500 lumen each. $17 total. I was not super impressed with the quality of these, but they work as intended. I noticed that one of the project lenses on the tip came unscrewed in my hand while installing. Some loctite fixed that quickly.

Interior Dome Lights: JDM ASTAR T10, $10 for 10 pack. Only need 6 of them for interior. My 2019 trailhawk uses a different type of bulb in the vanity mirror and I dont feel like replacing them. These bulbs did not give an afterglow in the front dome lights, but do in the back seat lights. They shut off after a minute or so. Odd, but not noticeable unless looking for it.

Reverse Light: iBrightstar 7443 reverse lights, $16 total. I was impressed with the quality of these.

Total installation was $110 and I am very happy with the brightness, color & quality!

Protips:

To install the fog lights and DRLs, turn your wheels sharply to one side. This will give you much more working room. I also used a screwdriver as a prop to hold the wheel liner back while I worked.

The passenger side lowbeam gave me a little trouble with tight access. I was able to get a little more working room by temporarily removing the air intake filter. There is just three phillips screws holding it, super easy to pull away while working on the headlight.

Also, I saw some people commenting on "LED glow" with their DRL's and foglights. I noticed a VERY minor glow on the ones I used, but it was so dim, you would have to be intentionally looking for it to notice. Also they completely turned off within a minute of shutting the engine off.

#66 ·
I just put AUXITO High and Low on my 2014. I have no real report yet except that, as expected, they were easy to replace and plugged right in. They are working and I am not getting any error messages on the dash.

As others have said, time will tell.

#67 ·
Well, I now have an answer, they come back out tomorrow to be relegated into the box of bad ideas.

I did not realize that they need to, "warm-up." When switching to the high beam there are about two seconds of flickering. second, while driving along, the low beams randomly flick off and on.

Tomorrow I will take some acetone and clean up the old bulbs and put them back in. I will try to return them to Amazon.

#68 ·
I installed the following LED bulbs for my 2018 Compass:

Low Beams: Sealight H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q24LVDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

High Beams: Auxito 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs 12,000 LM per set 6500K
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMG43QJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

DRLs: Auxlight 2504 PSX24W 12275 LED Fog Light Bulbs 6000K Xenon White, Super bright 2800 LM
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZGPH4JN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

My own experience is that unless you have hands the size of an infant, changing the low beam headlights is an experience in patience. In the end, I found that completely removing the plastic front fender liner and turning the wheels gives you the best chance of getting your hand up there, as well as reaching down from the engine compartment at the same time with your other hand. Of course, you can't see anything, but easy to feel your way around. FCA also skimped on the length of the wire harness for each headlight bulb to add to the fun. But easy to twist-out bulbs counterclockwise from housing once you can position your hand(s) correctly.

I was very impressed with the contents of the above Sealight kit - includes white cloth gloves, cable ties and adhesive strip for resistor box (not that I used either.) Sealight bulb kit also had long length of wire, not just the bulb like Auxito 9005 high beam, but everything tucks inside headlamp housing. However, Auxito bulb has built-in fan, which may be a plus for longevity.

Although install of Auxito high beams was a snap, I thought that due to bulb length, it barely fit behind dust cap on driver's side. I would have tried the Sealight brand, but was uncertain if their bulbs would fit inside housing / clear dust cap, as it appeared the Sealight 9005 bulbs (at least in Amazon product photo) had the connector coming straight out, not an "L-shaped" bulb with connector on side as Auxito's did. Plus Auxito bulbs supposedly had higher specs in LM's output.

After installation, no errors or flickering with any of above bulbs. Think low beams are much brighter than original halogens, and provide great "road coverage" from light beam output. So much, that I don't really see much of a difference between low beams and high beams anymore with these LED's.

#70 ·
I installed the following LED bulbs for my 2018 Compass:

Low Beams: Sealight H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q24LVDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

High Beams: Auxito 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs 12,000 LM per set 6500K
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMG43QJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

DRLs: Auxlight 2504 PSX24W 12275 LED Fog Light Bulbs 6000K Xenon White, Super bright 2800 LM
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZGPH4JN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

My own experience is that unless you have hands the size of an infant, changing the low beam headlights is an experience in patience. In the end, I found that completely removing the plastic front fender liner and turning the wheels gives you the best chance of getting your hand up there, as well as reaching down from the engine compartment at the same time with your other hand. Of course, you can't see anything, but easy to feel your way around. FCA also skimped on the length of the wire harness for each headlight bulb to add to the fun. But easy to twist-out bulbs counterclockwise from housing once you can position your hand(s) correctly.

I was very impressed with the contents of the above Sealight kit - includes white cloth gloves, cable ties and adhesive strip for resistor box (not that I used either.) Sealight bulb kit also had long length of wire, not just the bulb like Auxito 9005 high beam, but everything tucks inside headlamp housing. However, Auxito bulb has built-in fan, which may be a plus for longevity.

Although install of Auxito high beams was a snap, I thought that due to bulb length, it barely fit behind dust cap on driver's side. I would have tried the Sealight brand, but was uncertain if their bulbs would fit inside housing / clear dust cap, as it appeared the Sealight 9005 bulbs (at least in Amazon product photo) had the connector coming straight out, not an "L-shaped" bulb with connector on side as Auxito's did. Plus Auxito bulbs supposedly had higher specs in LM's output.

After installation, no errors or flickering with any of above bulbs. Think low beams are much brighter than original halogens, and provide great "road coverage" from light beam output. So much, that I don't really see much of a difference between low beams and high beams anymore with these LED's.
On the installation of your Sealight H11 Low Beams which way did you install the 'blade' verically or horizontally? It looks to me like there is only one way that an H11 base bulb can be indexed due to the pitch of the mounting tabs. Mine installed with the 'blades' vertical. I'm not seeing a good 'cut-off' on my light pattern.

#71 ·
By the time I correctly positioned my hand down there, I wasn't too concerned - whatever way it "dropped in" to the mounting slots was fine. However, I did notice the bulb wasn't exactly horizontal nor vertical. Nonetheless, the light output is so good on the Sealight low beams compared to the OEM halogens, I don't think it really matters.

#72 ·
I’m fairly new to this stuff so just diving in a bit. I was able to update my low beams to a Cougar Motors LED without issue, hi beams are next.

My question is about the DRL, and fog lights.
1) anyone find a yellow fog light that works without issue?

2) the DRL and fog lights - are both of these updated through the fender access point? I’m trying to a find a good video for a noob

#74 ·
Hey guys, pretty new here. Bought my wife our first Jeep (I am more of a Euro guy) but pretty impressed with its drivability. Im starting with a few cosmetic changes. I purchased the below Headlight and Fog light bulbs. Everything worked as expected and no issues so far.

Got these headlights on sale for $32
Amazon.com: AUXITO H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000lm Per Set 6500K Cool White Wireless Headlight LED Bulb, Pack of 2: Automotive

These Fogs were only $14
Amazon.com: AUXLIGHT 2504 PSX24W 12276 LED Fog Light Bulbs 6000K Xenon White, Super Bright 2800 Lumens 33-SMD Chips LED Daytime Running Lights DRL Bulbs Replacement for Cars, Trucks (Pack of 2): Automotive

I have only had them a few weeks so far, but will report back if any issues arise.

#76 ·
If you want Bright ,Long lasting , Quality made lights then its going to cost more than some 20 dollar amazon or ebay bulbs.
On my last 3 vehicles i have used sylvania zevo. The day i bought the trailhawk that was my first stop. 9005(high) /h11(low) /h11(fog)/2504(drl). It was under 400 bucks and that may sound like a lot , but how much are your car or the passengers you have with you worth? They have a 5 year warranty that sylvania or the retailer must uphold. They all match and they look wicked.
Sorry for the rant but somethings you just cant cut corners on! I will post some pics later if anyone is interested in what they look like.

#78 ·
If you want Bright ,Long lasting , Quality made lights then its going to cost more than some 20 dollar amazon or ebay bulbs.
On my last 3 vehicles i have used sylvania zevo. The day i bought the trailhawk that was my first stop. 9005(high) /h11(low) /h11(fog)/2504(drl). It was under 400 bucks and that may sound like a lot , but how much are your car or the passengers you have with you worth? They have a 5 year warranty that sylvania or the retailer must uphold. They all match and they look wicked.
Sorry for the rant but somethings you just cant cut corners on! I will post some pics later if anyone is interested in what they look like.
I’d be curious on photos, and do they stay on while car is off? My blue DRLs always look like they’re on

#81 ·
Here are the bulbs I chose and have been installed for about 2.5yrs.

DRL's: SNGL PSX24W 2504 Super Bright CREE LED DRL Fog Light bulbs - Plug-and-Play - 6000K Cool White (Pack of 2) (not available anymore)
Fogs's: Alla Lighting 2800lm Xtreme Super Bright H11 LED Bulbs Fog Light High Illumination COB-72 LED H11 Bulb H8 H16 H11 Fog Lights Lamp Replacement - 6000K

Driver side Fog installed (comparison to passenger side stock):
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle

I'm still looking for the DRL comparison picture in my photo library. Will post if I find it.

#82 ·
Mar 31, 2020

"Hi all again, it's been about a week with the Auxito (high, low, fog), and I can back up Mclink12's claim on these LED's. They work quite well, no flickering, no faults, fit behind dust covers, nice and bright, with very little dark spotting (hardly noticeable). Only thing left is longevity. they give you a 2 year warranty...we'll see how that goes."
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting

UPDATE
Well, here I am with my longevity report. Seems, so far to be about 1.5 years at this point. Both of my lows went to partial brightness to nothing within about a month or so of each other, a couple of months go. Then a couple of weeks go, one of my fogs did the same, half brightness. I did replace them with the same knowing they do fit into the housings.

I did find out, if you buy them through Amazon or directly from Auxito, they will honor the warranty. Just have to have proof or purchase, of which I did not have since I purchased the originals through a source on Ebay (eco-auxito), which would NOT honor their supposed 3 year warranty.

Have to see how long the replacements last, as well as the remainder of the Auxito bulbs I purchased.

#85 ·
I bought these, I've installed the low beams today, they fit perfectly and work great.

#87 ·
Hello to all, even though I see some have added led lamp to the stock front lights, is there anyone that has replaced the halogen with led in the projector light? I have the 2018 limited and came with halogen projector, so would the same led bulbs fit?

Thanks
Apostolis

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.