My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Weird Phone Event w/ my Jeep

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Jasmine 
#1 ·
Happy Friday the 13th! Today is the first time I transferred a call from my Uconnect to my phone. I arrived at home. Turned the Jeep off. I have it set so if I open the door, the audio system is powered off. I transferred the call and opened the door. Everything turned off. I continued the conversation as I opened my house door. Dogs came out and I walked about 60 feet away. A few minutes later I started walking back towards the house / Jeep. My phone seemed to go dead. I thought the call dropped, so I hung up and dialed again. I could hear the other voice in the Jeep! I opened the door and the radio was back on. I hung up from the call and the radio continued to play. After turning off my Bluetooth, things resumed to normal.

I have the 7" Uconnect system in my Compass.

My '15 Cherokee Trailhawk had the 8.4 w/NAV and in 66,000 miles of ownership, I never once had that issue. I don't recall my '12 Ram Cummins having it either. Has anyone else had this? My girlfriend, who I was talking with on the phone, said her '15 Cherokee Sport with the base 5" radio does this all the time. She has to hang up and call back after being out of the Jeep, or her stuff will stay on.

Thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
My wife's Grand Caravan similarly gets confused. Recently I backed it into the driveway while she was in the house talking on her cell phone. The unconnect picked it up as if she was in the car.
I think that if you want to continue a call as you leave the vehicle you should transfer to phone and also turn off Bluetooth.

#6 ·
Actually, I think that's normal behavior. Had the same thing with several vehicles.

Reactions: Mudman1
#3 ·
We are experiencing some strange issues with the entertainment system also. Sometimes we can't turn it off, sometimes it has a loud buzzing noise through the speakers.

I can't post links yet... grrrr....

YouTube: vea0ghcRVb0 "Loud Strange Noise From 2017 Jeep Compass Stereo"

YouTube: t7FZjw_3bfM "2017 Jeep Compass Stereo Will Not Turn Off"

Attachments

#7 ·
I'm having no luck finding those videos.

#4 ·
Dude! That's bizarre! That sounds like it would be hard to replicate.... grin::confused:
Haven't had any Bluetooth issues.....yet! Keep in mind, I'm only Uconnect 5.0.....0

#5 ·
ĹOL! Maybe a Friday the 13th glitch???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.