Jeep Compass Forum - View Single Post - First Jeep
Thread: First Jeep
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 08-09-2019, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
sarahareposh

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I figured I would introduce myself before I unload my problems. I previously drove larger SUV's over the years prior to the Compass, but I'm getting used to it. I just miss the trunk space.

I joined this forum to see if I can get some insight on a clicking noise I've been experiencing in the front end for at least the past few thousand miles. I've had it into the shop twice now without resolution and am dropping it off again next week. It's staying there until they fix it. I don't have time to waste.

The dealer insisted that it was the power steering during my first visit and it's a normal sound for all vehicles. Now I'm no mechanic, but I have never owned a vehicle nor driven in one that has a loud clicking sound during low speed turns and breaking. After sitting there for a few hours telling me they have no idea what I'm talking about, I finally had them hop in the car for a ride around the parking lot.

The noise appeared right away and they were stumped. A few days ago, they installed new callipers, brackets and pins. I didn't hear the issue leaving the parking lot, but it was also raining and there was lots of traffic noise. By the time I arrived home 30 minutes later, it was quite obvious that my issue was not fixed. The sad part is when I arrived at the dealer to have these parts installed, they said they had another Compass with the same issue earlier in the day, but they didn't tell the customer about the noise they heard and let her leave. That doesn't make me feel too good. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you.

Sarah

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome