My Jeep Compass Forum banner

New 2008 Jeep Liberty

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Webmaster 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'm liking what I see for looks, I'm glad they moved the blasted window buttons to the doors, but so far as I'm concerned to increase market share rather than cut the bleeding they need to do better than a 4 speed auto with a 3.7l motor with just over 200hp.

I understand the motor is improved but unless they are playing solely to the jeep faithful I don't know that it is enough.

#3 ·
ACX said:
I'm liking what I see for looks, I'm glad they moved the blasted window buttons to the doors, but so far as I'm concerned to increase market share rather than cut the bleeding they need to do better than a 4 speed auto with a 3.7l motor with just over 200hp.

I understand the motor is improved but unless they are playing solely to the jeep faithful I don't know that it is enough.
Agreed. They need at least a 5 Speed Automatic.

#4 ·
Neely2005 said:
ACX said:

Agreed. They need at least a 5 Speed Automatic.
It would be optimal, probably an issue with the low range for the whole trail rated thing but I hope they are in the process of addressing it. The 4.0l in the nitro is mated to a 5 speed auto with full time AWD, I would guess similar to the lx cars but unsuitable in the liberty, as many jeep loyalists would cry due to no low range, much as they cry about the compass.

As for the motor, the 4.7l v8 ( I recall this 3.7 is basicall a 4.7 with 2 less cylinders) gets a major shot in the arm this year in power, like 230 to 290) and better fuel economy - so I would have expected some increase in the 3.7

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.