• 1 Post By Tripod
  • 1 Post By 84z28
  • 2 Post By lundy
  • 1 Post By lundy
  • 1 Post By Tripod

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 07-19-2018, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Battery system warning

Has anyone had this issue ? Just picked up my new 2018 Compass Altitude last Thursday, a mile away from the dealership battery light pops on with a battery system warning screen then another message that some items will power off to save battery. I had 2 long test drives prior to purchase with no issues. The radio has then cut off with this warning. The warning has not come on for the last 2 days though. I am planning to take it in to get checked out but just curious if anyone has had this problem and what happened? I had a 2015 renegade plagued with problems and swore I'd never get another jeep again but decided to give a second chance and now I'm having buyer's remorse with another brand new car with issues : (
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3040.jpg (33.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3039.jpg (32.5 KB, 16 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-20-2018, 03:57 PM

I've had buyers remorse since the 2nd day of ownership. It's like living a nightmare I cannot wake up from.
Redmaxx likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-21-2018, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

That's how I felt with my Renegade...I have no clue why I bought another Jeep after that disaster. I'm just hoping the issue with the Compass doesn't come back again. With the Rene I'd have 1 thing fixed then half dozen other problems pop up so I'm actually afraid to take it in. I haven't seen the warnings pop up in 3 days now so maybe I'm good for now but I feel like an idiot for buying another : (
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-21-2018, 12:28 AM

Other than the 30-40 MPH rumble our 2018 Trailhawk has been pretty solid. We did have like 3 times a message come up saying start stop was not available because of aux battery not being charged sufficiently. This was a while ago and seems to be an issue every now and then with these Jeeps. I would certainly run it in and have them look at it there have been a few that needed battery replacement. I think how long the puppies sit on the lot not being ran causes some issues like this. These thing have some degree of current draw even while off my guess a chunk of it is from pinging to see if the key fob is near it so it can unlock the doors.

Anyhow we still love our Compass but with all the craziness built into these things if we still love it next year we will buy the lifetime warranty with the $200 deductible.
post #5 of 15 Old 07-21-2018, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

I do love the Compass, it drives smooth and very comfortable, and I love the upgraded dash design. My husband was following the amps on the battery display and he's noticed it's raised up from when we first got it so maybe it is a charging issue after sitting on the lot. I'm leasing mine so I won't need to worry about the extra warranty but after all the problems I saw with my Renegade and now possibly the compass I'd say buy the extra warranty too! Hopefully no more issues because I really do like the car!
post #6 of 15 Old 03-12-2019, 04:00 PM

The Jeep Compass and Jeep Renegade models are nothing more than a Fiat 500. The Renegade and Compass are not real Jeeps. Think about it - FCA simply redesigned the exterior of a Fiat 500, which is a car utilizing 20 year architecture, placed a Jeep nameplate on the car and fooled the car buying public. Sure, the Compass is a pretty little car but, seriously, it is not a Jeep. Once you get around 15,000 miles on the car you will start hearing all sorts of squeaks and rattles, body knocks and brakes that squeal worse than a newborn pig. Throw in the oil consumption issues, the electrical issues and all sorts of other strange things, will you even consider taking this car off road? Probably not. You have been duped. Next time, buy a real Jeep: Wrangler, Grand Cherokee or a Cherokee.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvnor64 View Post
The Jeep Compass and Jeep Renegade models are nothing more than a Fiat 500. The Renegade and Compass are not real Jeeps. Think about it - FCA simply redesigned the exterior of a Fiat 500, which is a car utilizing 20 year architecture, placed a Jeep nameplate on the car and fooled the car buying public. Sure, the Compass is a pretty little car but, seriously, it is not a Jeep. Once you get around 15,000 miles on the car you will start hearing all sorts of squeaks and rattles, body knocks and brakes that squeal worse than a newborn pig. Throw in the oil consumption issues, the electrical issues and all sorts of other strange things, will you even consider taking this car off road? Probably not. You have been duped. Next time, buy a real Jeep: Wrangler, Grand Cherokee or a Cherokee.
Lol what is a real Jeep? This arguments is flawed to start with. There is no real jeeps since AMC got bankrupt.

What is so bad about Fiat 500? Looks? Well Renegade and Compass doesn't look like it for sure. How many more thread are you going to write this, just checked your comment history and this is 95% of what you talk about here, nobody cares dude lol. All jeeps today are made by Fiat. Even jeep Wrangler is a Fiat made car with more than 70% of the parts is shared with other Fiat cars. And before Fiat, when Daimler had Jeep, their cars were based on striped down Mercedes cars and trucks.

Plus that Fiat brand you are looking down is probably better than any US based car manufacturer aside from Ford. They also produce Alfa Romeo, Maserati and until recently Ferrari. There is a reason why Jeep got bankrupt 4 times and got bought out by 3 different companies while Fiat stayed with its original ownership.
84z28 likes this.

Last edited by Tripod; 03-12-2019 at 07:19 PM.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-12-2019, 10:46 PM

Garage
You're an idiot, you must not know to much of Mopars and their impeccable build quality being a 30 year employee with all the behind the scene knowledge that you've acquired

Quote:
lundy likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 03-12-2019, 11:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84z28 View Post
You're an idiot, you must not know to much of Mopars and their impeccable build quality being a 30 year employee with all the behind the scene knowledge that you've acquired

Agree, this guy and a few other whiners were fun for a while. But when they keep posting under the guise of "I'm trying to help others" it only adds to the clutter with ZERO benefit.
84z28 and Tripod like this.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-13-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Lol what is a real Jeep? This arguments is flawed to start with. There is no real jeeps since AMC got bankrupt.

What is so bad about Fiat 500? Looks? Well Renegade and Compass doesn't look like it for sure. How many more thread are you going to write this, just checked your comment history and this is 95% of what you talk about here, nobody cares dude lol. All jeeps today are made by Fiat. Even jeep Wrangler is a Fiat made car with more than 70% of the parts is shared with other Fiat cars. And before Fiat, when Daimler had Jeep, their cars were based on striped down Mercedes cars and trucks.

Plus that Fiat brand you are looking down is probably better than any US based car manufacturer aside from Ford. They also produce Alfa Romeo, Maserati and until recently Ferrari. There is a reason why Jeep got bankrupt 4 times and got bought out by 3 different companies while Fiat stayed with its original ownership.
AMC did not go bankrupt. They were purchased by Chrysler in 1988.
post #11 of 15 Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84z28 View Post
I am entitled to my opinion as are you but, resulting in name calling just shows your inbred mentality. Now, before you get your panties in a twist, you may wish to revise your Mopar quality comment. FCA / Chrysler / DaimlerChrysler vehicles are always dead last in JD Power quality lists. And from my seat, with the behind the scene knowledge I have acquired over the years, as you so eloquently pointed out, it saddens me Chrysler vehicles are always rated poorly. While the Ram, Grand Cherokee, Cherokee gain in quality, FCA has failed miserably with the Compass, Renegade and recently discontinued Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200. Both of which were the first two cars designed with Fiat technology.

Additionally, some claim parts used in all FCA cars are Fiat driven. Sadly, this is not correct. Parts sourced by automakers are from a wealth of suppliers all over the globe. Seats in a BMW are made by the same seat supplier supplying seats to GM, Ford and FCA, for example.

So, perhaps, in your clouded eyes I am an idiot. We could debate FCA quality and history for hours but, in the end, my "idiot knowledge" will only embarrass you.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post

Dude...where did you go to school? Did you even graduate? Your writing is that of a third grader. You say, "There is no real jeeps since AMC got bankrupt". How does a company got bankrupt?

Before you address anyone by Dude, you may wish to learn how to communicate properly to be taken seriously. Until then, I will use my advanced brain power to simply ignore your juvenile comments. Yes, you have been owned.
post #13 of 15 Old 03-13-2019, 02:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
I am entitled to my opinion as are you ...
I am an idiot.
Do you post at work from your little fabric covered cubicle?
Stop leaning on your broom and put it to use.
84z28 likes this.
post #14 of 15 Old 03-13-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Yes, you have been owned.

Ahaha yeah sure sure, I am sure you understood what I meant but you backpedaled very well, I am impressed with that. Whenever someone is wrong about something on the internet, they try to switch the subject to something else. You should use you advance brain power to not do this as obviously. Also go an read why AMC got acquired by Chrysler.

Fun fact, did you know Jeep Compass is not a real Jeep but actually a Fiat 500??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
84z28 likes this.

Last edited by Tripod; 03-13-2019 at 03:41 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 03-13-2019, 09:38 PM

Garage
You're still and idiot, so much so you cant even identify sarcasm in a post. I'm not not the least worried about debating you or anyone else, the only person that should be embarrassed in this conversation is you but you're too ignorant to realize it so you double down on stupid

Quote:
I am entitled to my opinion as are you but, resulting in name calling just shows your inbred mentality. Now, before you get your panties in a twist, you may wish to revise your Mopar quality comment. FCA / Chrysler / DaimlerChrysler vehicles are always dead last in JD Power quality lists. And from my seat, with the behind the scene knowledge I have acquired over the years, as you so eloquently pointed out, it saddens me Chrysler vehicles are always rated poorly. While the Ram, Grand Cherokee, Cherokee gain in quality, FCA has failed miserably with the Compass, Renegade and recently discontinued Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200. Both of which were the first two cars designed with Fiat technology.

Additionally, some claim parts used in all FCA cars are Fiat driven. Sadly, this is not correct. Parts sourced by automakers are from a wealth of suppliers all over the globe. Seats in a BMW are made by the same seat supplier supplying seats to GM, Ford and FCA, for example.

So, perhaps, in your clouded eyes I am an idiot. We could debate FCA quality and history for hours but, in the end, my "idiot knowledge" will only embarrass you.

Last edited by 84z28; 03-13-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in