Water intrusion in Body - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 09-12-2018, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Toy

Water intrusion in Body

We have some reports in our German forum, that water runs out of the body, if the plugs are pulled out. Please see attached photo. Anyone else noticed this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unbenannt.JPG (69.3 KB, 44 views)

Compass Limited CRD, MY18, Pearl White, Leather Black, uConnect 8.4Nav & Beats Audio

覧覧覧覧覧-
German Jeep Forum for new Jeeps from MY14 and up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-12-2018, 11:04 AM

Garage
more info please

do these models have sunroofs?

2018 Compass Latitude
post #3 of 8 Old 09-12-2018, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Toy

I have to ask the others, but mine does not have a sunroof. I saw the water coming out one time this spring when I jacked the car left rear to change tires. I noticed it, but didn稚 took care of it. A few days ago, another member reported this issue to our German forum an the thread started. It the moment, we have three affected Compass. I will keep you updated if there are any news.

Compass Limited CRD, MY18, Pearl White, Leather Black, uConnect 8.4Nav & Beats Audio

覧覧覧覧覧-
German Jeep Forum for new Jeeps from MY14 and up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-12-2018, 08:57 PM

I haven't noticed anything that serious yet, on mine I have found that the bottom of the door seal on the passenger doors holds water for some reason. Days after a rain I can open up the rear passenger door and water will run out onto the pavement. Water within the body itself would be a much more serious issue. I would like to check mine if you could describe in more detail or show pics that show these plugs, the first picture I am not certain if we are looking at the back or the front of the car (zoomed in too close)
post #5 of 8 Old 09-13-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
I haven't noticed anything that serious yet, on mine I have found that the bottom of the door seal on the passenger doors holds water for some reason. Days after a rain I can open up the rear passenger door and water will run out onto the pavement. Water within the body itself would be a much more serious issue. I would like to check mine if you could describe in more detail or show pics that show these plugs, the first picture I am not certain if we are looking at the back or the front of the car (zoomed in too close)

I might be mistaken but that seems to be the middle of the car, looking sideways. There is a plate around the middle of the car that I assume protects the exhaust pipe and drive shaft to rear wheels, I think the picture is showing that. But hard to say if the shown plug is in front or in the back, a more descriptive picture would致e better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM

Garage
When the running boards were installed, water ran out one of those plugs when it was removed to accommodate the mounting bracket hardware. Just one side. I have not driven through high water anywhere since we got it in Jan of this year.
BTW those plugs are suppose to be one way check valves if you look closely at them...nothing in but water should flow out.
arudlang likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-27-2018, 02:08 PM

Garage
I do noticed a strange piped water sound in the left column, on the driver's side. I tried to record, but it's not that clear.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0Z4t2cm4bu7

Jeep Compass Night Eagle 4x2 18/18
w/ Tigershark 2.0 FLEX
BR
post #8 of 8 Old 12-27-2018, 07:47 PM

Garage
Most of those plugs are one way check valves that should let water flow out but not in. I noticed when my running boards were installed that they used some of those plugged hole for mounting hardware and some water did come out when they were removed.
At the time my Jeep was 7 months old and never driven off-road, only streets and highways in the rain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in