Alarm-Jeep Compass 2018 - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 11-04-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Alarm-Jeep Compass 2018

Does anybody know the proper way to turn off the alarm? And what does really trigger the alarm without pressing the panic button? The alarm went off when I mistakenly pressed the close button in the front door when I got off the car then opened the back door. I could not turn it off right away after I pressed the open button or close on the key fob. Pressing the Panic button just added more noise. I had to press on both the close and open button many times to get it turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-05-2018, 11:07 AM

The alarms in these things are an absolute PITA.

When I first read the user manual I skimmed that section due to time constrains and not expecting to need much info out of these right away. Well I need to go back and re-read the section harder so I can understand it better because this gem has embarrassed me going on a dozen times now because it is so darn touchy...

I also somehow managed to piss it off by closing a front door and opening a rear door, not to mention twice while camping we thought we could take the batteries out of the fobs and leave them in the Jeep and just take the mechanical keys out of the fobs to carry around (being just metal no concerns about going in the river with them) but lo and behold, if you open the door with the mechanical key the alarm doth go off! Aaarg.

And I don't know how many times, like just last night, I am helping my old man throw some firewood into his stove and apparently I pressed the panic button in my jeans somehow. Uggg.

Like I said, I need to read more about the specifics again but it seems like the panic system is separate from the door opening alarm, seems like a person needs to know the right way to turn off the alarm in each of those conditions (and know which one set it off). Sometimes just pressing the panic button again has worked for me, sometimes I have had to jam the fob into the ignition start switch...

I am seriously going to wire up a switch and a relay to be able to turn the damn horn off completely. It gets be all the damn time. While I'm at it, a switch for it to think the driver's seatbelt is buckled too because I can't effin maneuver my trailers around without occasionally needing to open the door and hop in or out...
post #3 of 3 Old 11-07-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmw View Post
Does anybody know the proper way to turn off the alarm? And what does really trigger the alarm without pressing the panic button? The alarm went off when I mistakenly pressed the close button in the front door when I got off the car then opened the back door. I could not turn it off right away after I pressed the open button or close on the key fob. Pressing the Panic button just added more noise. I had to press on both the close and open button many times to get it turned off.
Mine does this exact thing, and I've reported the issue to the dealer but FCA appears to have no interest in doing anything about it. I've learned not to do that, and actually close the door while locked, then put my hand in the handle to activate the unlock (w/passive entry) and then open the back door. It's ridiculous though, that should not be necessary.

To cancel the alarm, I think I just use the button on the door handle to lock the doors again, and it shuts off. It's a real PITA, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in