A-Pillar Blind Spot - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 01-03-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

A-Pillar Blind Spot

Has anyone else noticed that the A-pillar and the mirror create a significant blind spot? Together they can easily screen out a motorcycle or a pedestrian, or even a car if its coming upgrade toward you.

I had a close call with a jogger a week or two ago. I barely caught a glimpse of her around that pillar and mirror combo. Fortunately we were both paying attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the A-pillar and the mirror create a significant blind spot? Together they can easily screen out a motorcycle or a pedestrian, or even a car if its coming upgrade toward you.

I had a close call with a jogger a week or two ago. I barely caught a glimpse of her around that pillar and mirror combo. Fortunately we were both paying attention.
I was thinking the same about the B pillar. The front seats are positioned in such a way that it is nearly impossible to check your blind spots. Headrest of the seat and the b pillar blocks 90% of the back window, so unless you lean forward or back, you cant see anything from that angle. I am happy that I have the blind spot sensors because doing it the old fashioned way is nearly impossible.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Agreed the B-pillar is a problem too. Especially when trying to make an angled left turn, its hard to see traffic coming from the right. It helps to have a passenger who can see where the driver can't. I think they are designing these things for occupant safety in a rollover with less consideration for the big picture. After all, when we see safety statistics, its front on, offset, and rollover crashes. However, if accident prevention could be quantified the Compass statistics might not look too good, but an AMC Pacer might lead the pack!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in