HVAC Issues - 2017 Trailhawk - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

HVAC Issues - 2017 Trailhawk

Here we go again … I have a 2017 Trailhawk with a little over 10,000 miles.

I had nothing but electrical problems in my first year - 9 trips to the dealership, weeks without the vehicle, nobody could figure it out. Finally they fixed it ("faulty batch of terminal chips" was the explanation). Those issues were related to well … everything. Check engine light coming on then going off by itself, 4wd would not work, turn signals wouldn't work, headlights wouldn't come on, windshield wipers would decide to go off on their own, UConnect Screen would go dead, windows would randomly roll themselves down, and I did have issues with the heater not working back then as well as it would blow full on cold air out full force with no response to controls in the dead of winter.

Now, over a year later I have a new problem.

If the Jeep sits in the sun for any extended period of time, the A/C will not work. I'll start the vehicle and its blowing hot air out full force for a solid 5-10 miles of travel until finally the A/C kicks in and it will go from hot to cold instantly when it finally does. Like before, the controls don't respond, so I can't even turn the blower off until it decides to work. The best thing I can do is roll the windows down and wait it out. Unlike my prior issues, everything else works fine when this happens and its the only problem I'm having now.

Anyone else have anything like this? I'm hoping this is a quick fix like the thermostat or something. I have an appointment set for next Tuesday to take it in. 16 months left on the lease … counting down the days (49 until I can get a different vehicle. I've been a Jeep guy my whole life, not sure I can stick with the brand after this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-20-2019, 03:15 AM

I have the same issue. My A/C sometimes doesn't kick in until after a few miles of driving after sitting in the hot sun. My controls do work though, but the A/C doesn't turn on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in