Passenger door setting alarm off, after locking doors - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 08-11-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Passenger door setting alarm off, after locking doors

When I lock my 2018 Compass, manually or with the fob, the passengers door is not locking and it will open and the alarm goes off. Haven’t been able to figure out what is wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-15-2019, 02:32 AM

Sounds like another electronic issue to add to the long list that some of us have already experienced with the Jeep Compass. Our 2018 Jeep Compass has numerous electronic issues. Traction Control, FWD, Oil Change Required, Key Fob has left the vehicle messages have appeared numerous times for no reason on the dash. The engine override (engine shuts off at stop lights/signs) works at will. Radio blacks out and resets itself. We have had 1 time where it wouldn’t allow us to shift into gear after it had been started and another time it wouldn’t turn off until multiple attempts were tried. That same day it restarted itself and ran at full RPMs for up to an hour before a coworker came in and told my daughter. My daughter went out, didn't really know what to do so she opened the drivers side door and the engine immediately settled down to normal idling mode. We had to have a new engine at 4600 miles because all the cylinders were scored in the original engine due to lack of oil. We had to buy 4 new tires before it even had 20,000 miles on it because the 60,000 mile rated tires that came on it had worn so unevenly they couldn’t be rotated but yet after paying to see if the vehicle was out of alignment to explain this, we were told it was in perfect alignment. But still no one can explain why the tires wore off so soon. The second engine consumes 1 quart of oil per every 1000 miles leaving about 1-1 1/2 quarts in the engine at the end of a 5000 mile oil change. But we’ve been told “it falls within Jeeps limitations!” I’ve had old vehicles with over 100,000 miles that use less oil. Just last week we had to have the sway bars replaced because they were thumping under the front end, this vehicle only has 29,000 on it. We have complained and had this vehicle at multiple dealerships to have the electronic issues looked into but because it isn’t doing it at the time we bring it in, their computer throws no codes so we’re basically told there is nothing wrong with it. We have pics and videos of many of these issues but no one wants to see them. We have tried working with Jeep Chrysler but they won’t stand behind this piece of junk. We will never buy, recommend or saying anything good about Jeep again!
post #3 of 5 Old 08-15-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCompassIsJunk2018!! View Post
...The second engine consumes 1 quart of oil per every 1000 miles leaving about 1-1 1/2 quarts in the engine at the end of a 5000 mile oil change. But we’ve been told “it falls within Jeeps limitations!” ...
You do know you can add oil between changes, right?

2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-15-2019, 09:56 PM

Of course, but why should we have to in a brand new vehicle?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2019, 12:11 PM
KRB

Garage
I had a similar problem with a '15 Cherokee I bought new. The rear driver side door did the exact same thing. I took it to the dealer in the 3 year/30k miles. The lock was the problem. They replaced it at no charge and I had no other issues.

Since your problem is only that one door, I would lean toward a physical problem with the lock, not an electrical system issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in