My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Screen Issue

44K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Mud on the tires 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,
Does anyone else have this issue with their Jeep? See the pic; it's at the dealer now; I can't wait to see what they say!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Well the saga continues, I think I lost track at my 8th time back to the dealership!!!
I took it in and they replaced the screen (took about a week to get the reconditioned part in (not a new part but a rebuilt one). I picked it up and was told all was good, the screen looked good so I let the wife take it to get some shopping done. Well I jump in and run the the hardware store a couple hours later and the backup camera isnt working! I was getting just a black screen or a black screen saying "check your surroundings", somehting like that. So I take it back over there a few hours after I had picked it up, about an hour later they said they put the original unit back in, cleared the codes and put the new unit back in and it was fixed...
Well 1 day later and the backup camera stops working again. After sending a video back to the dealer I was told they'd order another unit for me. After waiting most of the day, i get a call that I need to bring it back in to get a code off the back of the radio, so after a couple days I bring it back in for them to get the code, and they tell me its working again and they can't replicate the problem, they'll need to do a Starcase with the engineers and would need the car for 24-48 hours.
A few days later I drop it off with them for 2 days, after going back and forth, the engineers determine its the backup camera that went out (after me talking to them and telling them i'm not believing that, I think it all has to do with the rebuilt head unit they put in) I agree to let them replace the backup camera. after waiting a few days for it to come in, they swapped it out and it was working fine! (oh and by the way they broke the pull down handle on the tailgate so they would need to order another one and I'd have to come in again for them to pop that in, well after bringing it back and having them fix that part, I hope in and get about 1/4 mile down the street from the dealer and turn the radio one and I get the streaked messed up screen again!!!!! I talked to jeep and I'm waiting for an engineer to call me back, I'm about done with this damn thing! Still less that 15k miles on this thing, does anyone know the lemmon laws in CA??

#9 ·
Still no fix, Jeep's 800 number people called me on Tuesday to say they could put another rebuilt unit in and I told them no, I didn't buy a used car, I don't want used parts, plus we already tried that and it didnt fix it.
They're supposed to have the Dispute resolution department call me and still no call back.

#10 ·
I didn't buy a used car, I don't want used parts
Thats right, don't let them be cheap about it I don't know why they would in the first place, my radio went bad it got replaced and it looked and seemed new but they did not specify and I did not think there was even any question about whether it would be new. I like this car but it will almost for sure be our last FCA product purchase.

#11 ·
Well still not fixed, I dropped it off on Saturday for another Star Case, I should hear back Tomorrow if they're going to ok a new Radio or not, the Dispute Resolution Department said the Dealers Do not have new radio's available to them, just rebuilt ones?!?!
WTF? I told her they're still using them in the new cars so pull one off the line and use that!!
I'm so over this car now and only 15K Miles on it!

#12 ·
Well after dropping off Compass on the 21st for the 2nd Star Case, they called me today to tell me its all fixed!! YAY!!! So I go to pick it up,. they tell me its all working just like it should, backup camera and everything is all functioning. Well I get it in and turn it on and it says FIAT on the screen.... put it in Reverse and no backup camera....
I'm about done with this.

#15 ·
Well, I don’t have that issue, but my recently replaced head unit screen won’t light, so I’m back at the Jeep dealer again to get it, along with a remote start that works 1/4 times and door that won’t lock...fixed. My star case via jeep cares didn’t help last time either.... dealer ignored their calls. Waste of my time ...

#16 ·
Like I always used to tell people, you pretty much gotta start out with a lease to find out if the particular one they give you is a total lemon or not, and then you have a way out if it is (a lemon) or if its bearable like mine you can decide to buy it out at the end of the lease.

#17 ·
Hi, Anyone else have this issue on their Jeep? See pic, its at the dealer now, I cant wait to see what they say!
Hi yeah mine it’s totally black out can’t see anything. Went to the dealership they say can’t reboot it but it got fix and After I paid it they say it’s gonna happen again maybe this week or next months they not sure.i was furious coz what did I pay for it the problem is not fix. I left then after one month same problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.