My Jeep Compass Forum banner

2018 Trail Hawk Brake pedal Assembly

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  TrailHawk-Diehard 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Was driving the Compass put pressure on brake pedal pieces fell onto floor seems the brake pedal fell apart.

Car went into limp mode called dealership they took it and now they are telling me FCA changed parts supplier and I will not get part for another 3 weeks been in shop 1 week crazy!

They did put me in rental and got me into a Jeep Cherokee but man that is crazy.

Anybody experienced anything like this?

Thanks

Stew

#4 ·
That is crazy, I have not heard of this issue before and hopefully, it is not a widespread issue. On the parts side oh I know all too well, I took my trailhawk in to have an issue where the driver's window would occasionally not roll up after going down. It took over a month because they said they could not get the part, it was supposed to 3 days by the way. I called into jeep directly and they were able to find the part when my dealer couldn't and I finally got it back.

#9 ·
Jeep Compass Lemon Law

Well Jeep saying that part is not available and may not be for a long time... they are offering lemon law option buy back in 10 days.

I wanted to know if anyone has gone down this road? Compass fully loaded just did full tint all around and ceramic pro gold and mud flaps and side step full extended warranty etc...

Not sure if I will lose money on this of not.

Parts issue is because of the sale of the parts division:Magneti Marelli to Japanese and now they have no parts and are in the process of sourcing new vendor.

So this really sucks.

Hopefully someone her can steer me in the right direction on the buy back.

Thanks everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.