Tooling/Mold marks on rear "Wing" - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 09-20-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Tooling/Mold marks on rear "Wing"

So there a couple of small issues I wanted to get fixed under warranty before the winter hits. One was the driver side molding was starting to peel back by the rear of the window window, the second issue is the "tooling marks" on the rear wing (Dont know what its really called") which I noticed waxing my Jeep last fall. On everyones rear wing where it meets the roof in the rear you will notice 3 tooling marks per say, one on both ends and one center on the wing and since I have OCD it bugs the crap out of me. I looked on the Jeep lot and ever Jeep Compass has these marks and some way worse than others. I had the service manager order me the part and was going to get it replaced but I wanted to see it first before I even thought about sending my Jeep to the paint shop. New the part came in yesterday and sure as hell has the mold or tooling marks in the same spots still so I told them dont worry about it as its plastic and theirs no fixing it and painting over it will just give me what I have now. Supplier quality control is awesome and you'd think before and after painting this piece youd say hey this looks like ass. In the end I still have 2 years on my bumper to bumper and its noted as an issue at the dealership if the paint decides to separate where the tooling marks are
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-20-2019, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pics suck but this is both ends, the one in the middle is the same

post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84z28 View Post
..so I told them dont worry about it as its plastic and theirs no fixing it...
The plastic should be quite repairable as long as the flaw is all positive, a file and some fine sandpaper would smooth that right out nicely.

2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I wish, its actually an indentation in all 3 spots. Material would have to be added and blended

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgef View Post
The plastic should be quite repairable as long as the flaw is all positive, a file and some fine sandpaper would smooth that right out nicely.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84z28 View Post
I wish, its actually an indentation in all 3 spots. Material would have to be added and blended
That's too bad, on mine there is material sticking out beyond the beveled edge of the trim piece.

I guess I'm lucky, I'm too short to see the flaws without standing on something.

2019 Jeep Compass Latitude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in