Preliminary info - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr.T

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 09-28-2016, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Preliminary info

All of the photos and information released over the last few days are for the Brazil-spec Compass. Why they chose to release the Brazilian information, for a minor market, before releasing the US information (the Compass's biggest market) is beyond me.

So what will change when the Compass comes to the US? We probably won't be getting the diesel motor the Brazilians will get, but maybe we will -- Chevy is releasing a diesel Equinox in the US, so maybe Jeep will follow. Probably no manual transmissions.

166 hp 2.0L four-cylinder is a sound bet

Initially, front-wheel drive will be the only option. All-wheel-drive models will arrive later.

We will definitely get the Compass Trailhawk trim as an option, consisting of more ground clearance, additional underbody plates, and some more rugged styling.

We should know all of the final details once the US-spec Compass debuts at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.

Administrator likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-11-2016, 07:09 AM

I just purchased a 2017 compass and i am trying to find out if the weathertech floor mats for 2016 compass will fit, they havent listed them for 2017 yet, any help greatly appreciated
post #3 of 8 Old 12-02-2016, 05:20 PM

As long as the 4 cyl we get makes enough torque on the lower end of the power band then i'll be content with it, won't care for the diesel. Plus the US market is only starting to get diesels, it's not like we expect to get them as other markets do.

So going with that, if they really need to boost sales, a year or two out from launch we might see it happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-20-2016, 03:52 PM

Speaking of Brazil, the 2017 compass has been on sale there since November 5th and they sold around 2,500 units, meaning the new compass is a hit. When will it be launched elsewhere?
post #5 of 8 Old 12-22-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwag View Post
I just purchased a 2017 compass and i am trying to find out if the weathertech floor mats for 2016 compass will fit, they havent listed them for 2017 yet, any help greatly appreciated
One important thing to point out is WT mats are made to hug around every edge of the floor well so with that being the case fitment won't be perfect and if your willing to live with that, go right ahead.

I would just wait for 2017+ WT mats to come out and sell the 2016's.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Weathertech is generally pretty fast with producing mats for new models, especially high volume models like the Jeep compass. Just have to wait for them to get their hands on a 2017 compass first for fitting.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-28-2016, 03:36 PM

Anyone know if these features are factory or aftermarket?

post #8 of 8 Old 12-28-2016, 10:11 PM

All of those look factory to me, not even the slightest indication of aftermarket in any of those thumbnails. If we see anything aftermarket for this new generation show up it will likely be universal parts. We'll have to give it at least a few months or more after release to finally start seeing Compass specific parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in