Remote Start Only In Anniversary Edition - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naganooch

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 12-21-2016, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Remote Start Only In Anniversary Edition

Is it just me or is the remote start system only available in the 75th Anniversary Edition Compass? I'm looking at the Spec page and it's not even an option for the other 2017 Compass trims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 03:40 PM

High altitude should have remote start as well, at least it does on the Canadian Jeep site.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-01-2017, 03:49 AM

AllPar is a reliable source and this is what they report:

Quote:
The touch screen has a customizable menu bar, and you can use “Send & Go” to send destinations from a phone to the car. The new-ish satellite “Guardian” service provides an SOS button on the mirror, an Assist button to get help for minor issues (e.g. running out of fuel), and lets people start the car and set the temperature remotely.
With the new year here, keep a look out for these showing up on dealer lots, even if it's just not part of consumer allocation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-06-2017, 06:05 PM

Garage
82212574AB
I ordered this part number this morning on eBay and I have checked with the dealer and it will work with my 2014 Compass Sport. I'll install it myself and the dealer will flash the computer and keys for $120. It comes with two keys and if you take them to Ace Hardware they'll cut them for free. I'm going to have the keys cut before I take it to the dealer to flash the computer. You can go to the Mopar parts online store but it's just shy of $40 for shipping, eBay usually offers it for free.
ButterToast likes this.

2014 Jeep Compass MK
RRO lift kit
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2's
American Outlaw Black Rims
post #5 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the aftermarket fix! That's probably a lot cheaper than what Jeep would have charged for it anyways. Odd that it's not a more common feature since it's offered with a lot of other cars these days.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-15-2017, 02:25 PM

Garage
The nice thing is that this is a factory remote start for the Compass.

2014 Jeep Compass MK
RRO lift kit
post #7 of 11 Old 01-24-2017, 09:42 PM

At least with all the obvious changes coming in for 2018 there's a good chance that we'll see little features like this come with what we already know.

Jeep wants to go for mass appeal much like what the rest of the brand is growing around and little things like remote start go along way.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-28-2017, 09:19 PM

Garage
Update on remote start

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
Thanks for the aftermarket fix! That's probably a lot cheaper than what Jeep would have charged for it anyways. Odd that it's not a more common feature since it's offered with a lot of other cars these days.
Hey all. I have installed the remote start and had the dealer flash the computer and program the keys. It was only supposed to take an hour but turned into 3 because the technician had issues with the programming (their issue). One thing I'll say is that it was rather easy to install but you have to remember that you can't install the wireless control module (WCM) because you can't drive the vehicle due to none of the keys being programmed to this module. I left the old one installed and let the dealer technician install the new one after he flashed the computer. The kit came with detailed instructions on installing the units so it was really pretty simple. I'll probably install the power inverter module next as there is a you-tube video on a guy installing one on a Patriot and it's mostly plug and pray... The interiors are the same.

2014 Jeep Compass MK
RRO lift kit
post #9 of 11 Old 07-07-2017, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naganooch View Post
82212574AB
I ordered this part number this morning on eBay and I have checked with the dealer and it will work with my 2014 Compass Sport. I'll install it myself and the dealer will flash the computer and keys for $120. It comes with two keys and if you take them to Ace Hardware they'll cut them for free. I'm going to have the keys cut before I take it to the dealer to flash the computer. You can go to the Mopar parts online store but it's just shy of $40 for shipping, eBay usually offers it for free.
Looks like this will work for my 2017. I may need to get this. A MUST in Arizona.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-07-2017, 04:17 PM

I have a 2017 Limited (Next-Gen) it has Remote Start - I can't speak to the old-gen.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-08-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy6188 View Post
I have a 2017 Limited (Next-Gen) it has Remote Start - I can't speak to the old-gen.
Mine also

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in