Speaker Upgrade in Compass 2017 - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 01-28-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Speaker Upgrade in Compass 2017

Hi guys,

Iīm talking from Brazil, I ordered the new Compass this week and will receive the car in something like 45 days (because of wait list here).
I choosed Limited version, without Beats sound. I tested Beats sound and it was very dissapointed with the quality, I expected a little bit more of it.
So, I will change the speakerīs and do a sound better.
Has anyone here did this already?
Wich speakers did you use? The seller told to me that are 6x9 at the doors, and did not know which is the size of two tweerter at the front panel.
In the US version will came with one more speaker at center of frontal panel, here is just two tweeter, on in each side.

Other problem is that multimedia has only 3 equalizer configuration, bass, medium, treble, and donīt have RCA output to use external equalizer.
Has anyone use that converterīs? From low impedance output to RCA.
Sound itīs clear and could be used in external equalizer?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-29-2017, 04:59 PM

Not sure about the size, maybe the dealership service manual will have it listed? The 2017 Compass is still relatively new so I don't think anyone here has switched them out yet.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-30-2017, 03:47 PM

Your not the only one that was disappointed. Throughout the whole Jeep lineup, people have been complaining that the Beats audio system was terribly weak. The front tweeters are probably going to be 1 inch tweeters but depth may be a big factor there so you have to keep that in mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-08-2017, 05:23 PM

I wish they stayed with Bose or some other reputable brand that has been serving the automotive industry for longer than some Compass owners have been alive for. Even their headphones are weak and don't live up to the hype. Down the road FCA might learn this and we'll see it reflected in the Compass or another FCA product.

Last thing they'll want to do is include a poor quality system on some higher end FCA product, so it might take them a while to get to us.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-10-2017, 05:04 PM

I'll never understand the hype with Beats, just an overall poor product line from that company and their headphones are horrible compared to some cheaper options out there. I can see it being popular in cars geared towards younger buyers in their early twenties or their first car in their teens, but Jeep can do better...
post #6 of 9 Old 02-13-2017, 04:29 PM

Sticking with companies like JBL/HK seems to be the best route as I've heard their oem systems are quite good. Even companies like Bose have had audio systems in cars that were lacking which is quite sad.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-14-2017, 04:58 PM

I've heard good things about JBL, if you're going to switch out the factory speakers for something it may as well be the tried and true JBL system.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-14-2017, 05:22 PM

Have heard good quality from JBL, Focal, Clarions, the main thing is choosing components that work with each other. See what they're rated for and what it'll take to run them.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-17-2017, 03:00 PM

All JBL good for is bass, but that's just from my experience and its all I would trust them with. In my past vehicles I always went with Pioneer speaker and tweeters and JBL or Pioneer subwoofers.

But on a manufacture level, I wish they went with Bose. Bose is tried and true and everyone knows what to expect of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in