AMA About the 2017 Jeep Compass - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bryan_Pizzuti
  • 1 Post By NorthStar

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

AMA About the 2017 Jeep Compass

Hey all, I'll be getting a chance to see the 2017 Jeep Compass, Sit in it, Inspect it, Go through everything I possibly can. Posting this AMA to see if I can help out anyone looking into getting into one, or just having questions on it in general.

If there's anything you would like to know in regards to the vehicle itself, post the questions up and I'll definitely get back to you with as much as I possibly can. This is definitely a rare occurrence so lets take advantage of it!

Hopefully I'll be able to get answers for as many questions as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 08:10 PM

1. Is the gas cap cover remote or manual?
2. How's the driver seat thigh support for a 6-footer?
3. Taillights still have a seperate amber or red turn signal?

The following might require driving it, don't know if you'll be able to answer:
* Does the transmission hold gear to redline in manual mode? Does it shift automatically when hitting redline?
* What RPMs is it turning when cruising at 75 MPH?

I'll see if I can think of more.
Joel likes this.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! Those are great questions that I haven't thought about yet so I'll be sure to look into them.

I'll also be looking for these things that I've found people questioning as well:

-Push Start and Star/Stop functions
-Rear wheels not being centered, how big of a wheel could potentially fit in there
-Roof rack setup
-Infotainment system functions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 12:45 PM

Relating to your wheel question, I'd be interested in wheel/tire sizes on the Limited, maybe the Latitude and Trailhawk too. Want to go find out if I can get ContiExtremeContact DWS06 tires to fit it or if I have to start researching alternatives.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Hopefully they'll have those three models displayed, I think it may just be the Trailhawk but I'm not 100% sure on that yet.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-17-2017, 01:59 PM

Anyone looking for driving feedback, the Compass apparently did its launch at Chrysler's Technical Center and already I discovered one owner that took delivery or at least it was at a dealer.

Now all we need is for some first owners or even someone from a dealer to give us feedback

post #7 of 12 Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Alrighty !

@Bryan_Pizzuti

-The gas cap is manual. Its the push in and it pops out kind of fuel door. You click in, it pops out, and then you push it in and hear the click and it's locked.

-Driver's side thigh support should be pretty good, me being 5'4" , I actually wiggled around quite a bit so the seat is a bit larger than me and doesn't hold me too well.

-Signals look to be separate.. the car didn't seem to have power so I couldn't tell for sure but it looks like the top part would be utilized for it.

-Push start is a small button on the side of the steering cover thing. The auto Start/Stop has a button to activate and deactivate it.

-Every door has a cup-holder!

-Cool little easter-egg thing where they have a Jeep logo pressed into the tailgate panel.

-LIMITED tire size was 235/45R19 ContriProContact tires

-Looking at the completely un-centered rear wheels, I can't imagine going much bigger as you're already close to the front of the fender

-The dual-pane panoramic sunroof is giant though!
Bryan_Pizzuti likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-22-2017, 05:21 PM

Looking at coverage of the Compass at some of the most recent shows it comes no surprise he was able to get that indepth look at the Compass, one person in Detriot filmed all the of the interior and exterior.

Only thing i'm wondering at this point are how the Canadian and US versions differ...

Detroit:
post #9 of 12 Old 02-22-2017, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Other than that being the different interior option color wise, the seats in the one that I got to sit in had Jeep embossed into the higher up backrest area, not too sure if the brightness in the video was too high, but I didn't see that on this one. Everything else looks exactly the same though.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-26-2017, 03:32 AM

Not surprised to know that since this time around they might be making this tailored towards the global market and streamlining the entire process that way which for a vehicle as universal as this...it makes a lot of sense. Unless Jeep is one of those brands that just makes one style for an entire part of the world or various parts of the world, then real changes for others.
post #11 of 12 Old 03-27-2017, 05:12 PM

I think the embossed seats are for the higher trim models like Limited or TrailHawk. Can't really see much of a difference between the Canadian and US versions aside from the naming scheme.
post #12 of 12 Old 03-28-2017, 07:42 PM

Haven't noticed anything different when it comes to names but often it would be colors. This being a new product, there's potential for some colors in America to take on more American sounding names, meanwhile Canada and Europe get some names that resonate more with their demographics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in