Complaints of sound breaking up during phone calls. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 08-16-2017, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Complaints of sound breaking up during phone calls.

Hey All,

I am having an issue when making phone calls though my 2017 Jeep Compass (Trailhawk) Unconnect system and was curious if you have any issues. When my iPhone is plugged in and I'm talking through the Jeep audio/mic/uconnect system, using CarPlay, everyone complains that they can't hear me and I'm cutting in and out. As soon as I either unplug the phone or just reroute the audio/mic so is coming through my phone directly and not through the system they say its much better. Anyone else having this issue? Its really annoying, I really like having my phone plugged in and using the Apple CarPlay features but when someone calls and I end up having to reroute the audio to phone or a different headset it takes away all the convenience of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-16-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyD83 View Post
Hey All,

I am having an issue when making phone calls though my 2017 Jeep Compass (Trailhawk) Unconnect system and was curious if you have any issues. When my iPhone is plugged in and I'm talking through the Jeep audio/mic/uconnect system, using CarPlay, everyone complains that they can't hear me and I'm cutting in and out. As soon as I either unplug the phone or just reroute the audio/mic so is coming through my phone directly and not through the system they say its much better. Anyone else having this issue? Its really annoying, I really like having my phone plugged in and using the Apple CarPlay features but when someone calls and I end up having to reroute the audio to phone or a different headset it takes away all the convenience of it.

No issues here... I have the Trailhawk with CarPlay and Uconnect 8.4. When the phone is not connected through CarPlay, the audio is not loud at all. I always connect it with cable and use CarPlay. You may want to try a different cable but it sounds like a trip to the dealer is necessary.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-30-2017, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Just an update in case anyone is interested. Took it to the dealer today, they hooked it up to a tester and found static in the connection. They found and installed an update which according to the 2nd test got rid of the static. Have had the chance to really test it, but hopeful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Any further update on this one?

We've had a similar issue with our 2017 2nd Gen (with multiple iphones: iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, and an iPhone . The radio unit and (single) microphone have both been replaced, and the problem persists. The service manual (DVD) shows two microphones located in the headliner, though the dealership says that there is only one. I have not pulled the headliner myself to check. At this point, I am guessing the problem would be in the wiring harness if the issue is not with the microphone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in