Resale Value - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 17JeepCompass

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 08-22-2017, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Resale Value

Wow..

I had a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel truck for this car. I paid $40K for it.

Wanted to cut my budget in half and drive a cheaper car for about 2 years.

I traded it in for the Compass and had 30K miles on it. They gave me $40K for it..

I got my car for $19K and looked up the trade in value - with 2,000 miles - worth $14K!??!?!??!

Yikes..

:: 2017 Jeep Compass High Altitude ::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-22-2017, 03:42 PM

Didn't think the Compass would depreciate that much with just 2,000 miles, but I guess that's where private sales comes in.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-22-2017, 04:35 PM

I guess these aren't viewed highly on the market and I can see how competition is making it harder since the market is flooded right now with Compass alternatives. Actually i'm surprised we don't see more talk about why the _________ over a compass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-22-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17JeepCompass View Post
Wow..

I traded it in for the Compass and had 30K miles on it. They gave me $40K for it..

I got my car for $19K and looked up the trade in value - with 2,000 miles - worth $14K!??!?!??!

Yikes..
I think your compass might be getting hit harder because it is the quote on quote "old gen" compass and was sold next to the "new gen". May be totally wrong, but it would explain such a steep drop right off the bat.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-22-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Wow..

Yikes..
Wow! they gave you 40k for a truck you paid 40k for? where is this dealer? i need to make some trades!
post #6 of 8 Old 08-24-2017, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Heller View Post
Wow! they gave you 40k for a truck you paid 40k for? where is this dealer? i need to make some trades!
Dodge Ram and Ram Trucks have a HIGH resale value.

I know people who had a 2008 truck with 140K miles on it that got pretty much what they paid for it!!

I know some that have a quarter of a mile miles on a 2011 that got upwards of $32K!

It's crazy!!
Joel likes this.

:: 2017 Jeep Compass High Altitude ::
post #7 of 8 Old 08-27-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Dodge Ram and Ram Trucks have a HIGH resale value.

I know people who had a 2008 truck with 140K miles on it that got pretty much what they paid for it!!

I know some that have a quarter of a mile miles on a 2011 that got upwards of $32K!

It's crazy!!
Some people i know also try to exploit certain markets where they sell higher, classic trick with selling cars. Some even flip these, buy where cheap and sell where there's a lot of demand. Often the older owners of wives of them want it gone more than they want a good return.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Wow..

Yikes..
Trucks hold their value better than SUV's like the Compass, plain and simple you will depreciate with the compass no way to get around that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in