Auto unlock on exit - Jeep Compass Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By kuba
  • 1 Post By WisHawk
  • 1 Post By ghiser30
  • 1 Post By cygnusjen
  • 1 Post By Steeler
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 09-08-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 31
 
Auto unlock on exit

Does the auto unlock for you all work like this: all the doors unlock as expected when the engine is running and I open my driver door. However, when I turn off the car, I have to open my door within a few seconds, otherwise the auto unlock does not work. This gets annoying sometimes, because I go to my back door and it will be locked if I didnt get out of the car fast enough. so then need to go back to the front and unlock. I dont get why it doesnt unlock when I go into park, like every other car ive driven, or have a longer exit time frame (like 30 seconds)
cygnusjen likes this.
kuba is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 31
 
Bump.

Anyone else have their auto-unlock work like this. I'm wondering if this is an issue or by design...
kuba is online now  
post #3 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 185
 
Garage
Mine does the same thing. Dealer said they all work that way. I said Okay that's fine. Tell Jeep to fix the issue.
It is a pain in the backside.
cygnusjen likes this.

Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery
WisHawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 156
 
Too bad with this being normal, that if we want a fix its going to take a while. If its not safety related then often it can take years if it even happens. Lucky for those that haven't bought as yet, this is something to look out for.
Joel is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 09-21-2017, 01:54 AM
Member
 
ghiser30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Elkins, WV
Posts: 87
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Too bad with this being normal, that if we want a fix its going to take a while. If its not safety related then often it can take years if it even happens. Lucky for those that haven't bought as yet, this is something to look out for.
This could potentially be a safety issue. In an accident, motor shuts off, gas spilling, can't open rear doors to get children out... Initially, I saw this as a trivial matter, but maybe it IS something that needs to be addressed as a true safety issue.
cygnusjen likes this.
ghiser30 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 10-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Member
 
cygnusjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 38
 
Garage
I agree - I usually get out then walk around the car to get my purse, but all the doors are still locked! I have had to walk back around to unlock it essentially every time I get home. I guess I need the exercise :/
Mudman1 likes this.
cygnusjen is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 10-15-2017, 12:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghiser30 View Post
This could potentially be a safety issue. In an accident, motor shuts off, gas spilling, can't open rear doors to get children out... Initially, I saw this as a trivial matter, but maybe it IS something that needs to be addressed as a true safety issue.
I doubt it would considered a safety issue, as it seems FCA already addressed the problem. I copied and pasted this right from the online owners manual.

Enhanced Accident Response System
In the event of an impact, if the communication network
remains intact, and the power remains intact, depending
on the nature of the event, the ORC will determine whether
to have the Enhanced Accident Response System perform
the following functions:
Cut off fuel to the engine.
Flash hazard lights as long as the battery has power or
until the hazard light button is pressed. The hazard
lights can be deactivated by pressing the hazard light
button.
Turn on the interior lights, which remain on as long as
the battery has power or for 15 minutes from the
intervention of the Enhanced Accident Response Sys-
tem.
Unlock the power door locks.
Turn off the Diesel Fuel Filter Heater If Equipped.
Turn off the HVAC Blower Motor.
Close the HVAC Circulation Door.


Honestly I like this feature, as both my wife and I both work in high crime areas, and there are times that either of us doesn't want the other doors to unlock.
ghiser30 likes this.

2017 Compass Limited Sunroof, Nav, Tow group, Safety and Security and Advanced lighting group.
Steeler is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 10-16-2017, 12:07 AM
Member
 
ghiser30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Elkins, WV
Posts: 87
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
I doubt it would considered a safety issue, as it seems FCA already addressed the problem. I copied and pasted this right from the online owners manual.

Enhanced Accident Response System
In the event of an impact, if the communication network
remains intact, and the power remains intact, depending
on the nature of the event, the ORC will determine whether
to have the Enhanced Accident Response System perform
the following functions:
Cut off fuel to the engine.
Flash hazard lights as long as the battery has power or
until the hazard light button is pressed. The hazard
lights can be deactivated by pressing the hazard light
button.
Turn on the interior lights, which remain on as long as
the battery has power or for 15 minutes from the
intervention of the Enhanced Accident Response Sys-
tem.
Unlock the power door locks.
Turn off the Diesel Fuel Filter Heater If Equipped.
Turn off the HVAC Blower Motor.
Close the HVAC Circulation Door.


Honestly I like this feature, as both my wife and I both work in high crime areas, and there are times that either of us doesn't want the other doors to unlock.
LOL! Of course! The Corp has the appropriate "CYA" verbage! Personally, I don't have an issue with the way the locks work either!
ghiser30 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome