4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mudman1
  • 1 Post By ghiser30
  • 1 Post By REVIGOR
  • 1 Post By REVIGOR

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 09-27-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

JW Speaker Fog Lights Installed

I ran these on my Cherokee Trailhawk and loved them. Well, just to piss in my cereal, Jeep in Mexico opted to change the fog light design ever so slightly. What I thought was going to be plug and play turned into a lot of trimming out the factory fog light mounting housing. However, they are in and are secure. Wiring was straight forward, just 2 connections per side. Here are a couple of pictures from my garage to see the difference. They are the JW Speaker 6145 J sourced from Headlightrevolution.com.
ghiser30 likes this.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.

Last edited by Mudman1; 10-09-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-28-2017, 12:13 AM

Garage
WOW!!! The pictures tell it all! Those lights are for real!
Mudman1 likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-28-2017, 09:27 PM

I'm wondering, why did you replace the housing instead of getting some LED bulbs?
Mudman1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-29-2017, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVIGOR View Post
I'm wondering, why did you replace the housing instead of getting some LED bulbs?
The bulb used by FCA is the same as the headlight bulb. It looks the way it does because of the housing, how the reflector is made. Putting in an LED bulb would make it brighter, but the throw would not change. JW Speaker makes there stuff where I live, in Wisconsin. It is engineered to be a fog light. Having over 50,000 miles on my former set, I knew they worked great. It was a worthwhile upgrade.

Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman1 View Post
The bulb used by FCA is the same as the headlight bulb. It looks the way it does because of the housing, how the reflector is made. Putting in an LED bulb would make it brighter, but the throw would not change. JW Speaker makes there stuff where I live, in Wisconsin. It is engineered to be a fog light. Having over 50,000 miles on my former set, I knew they worked great. It was a worthwhile upgrade.
Hey, how did you remove the entire fog light housing? Do you have to remove the whole bumper or can you do it from the front? Thanks.
Mudman1 likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-17-2017, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVIGOR View Post
Hey, how did you remove the entire fog light housing? Do you have to remove the whole bumper or can you do it from the front? Thanks.
Hey brother. Easy way is to remove the front tires. I did not, and my arms looked like I'm a cutter when I was done. Extract the 8mm / 10mm bolts and peel back the fender liner. If cold, use caution as it is cheap plastic. Four bolts hold the housing in. I removed the housing, and used a sharp utility knife to slowly cut away black plastic until the JWs fit. I have 3 plastic thread screws holding them in. 3,000 miles and no issues thus far. Looking back, I'd have removed the bumper for a more surgical and bomb-proof fit. However, my method seems to be working just fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in