• 1 Post By zoner99
  • 1 Post By ghiser30
  • 1 Post By ghiser30
  • 1 Post By ghiser30
  • 1 Post By NorthCoastie19

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 10-13-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Weird Phone Event w/ my Jeep

Happy Friday the 13th! Today is the first time I transferred a call from my Uconnect to my phone. I arrived at home. Turned the Jeep off. I have it set so if I open the door, the audio system is powered off. I transferred the call and opened the door. Everything turned off. I continued the conversation as I opened my house door. Dogs came out and I walked about 60 feet away. A few minutes later I started walking back towards the house / Jeep. My phone seemed to go dead. I thought the call dropped, so I hung up and dialed again. I could hear the other voice in the Jeep! I opened the door and the radio was back on. I hung up from the call and the radio continued to play. After turning off my Bluetooth, things resumed to normal.

I have the 7" Uconnect system in my Compass.

My '15 Cherokee Trailhawk had the 8.4 w/NAV and in 66,000 miles of ownership, I never once had that issue. I don't recall my '12 Ram Cummins having it either. Has anyone else had this? My girlfriend, who I was talking with on the phone, said her '15 Cherokee Sport with the base 5" radio does this all the time. She has to hang up and call back after being out of the Jeep, or her stuff will stay on.

Thoughts?

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-13-2017, 08:19 PM

My wife's Grand Caravan similarly gets confused. Recently I backed it into the driveway while she was in the house talking on her cell phone. The unconnect picked it up as if she was in the car.
I think that if you want to continue a call as you leave the vehicle you should transfer to phone and also turn off Bluetooth.
Mudman1 likes this.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-13-2017, 11:26 PM

Garage
We are experiencing some strange issues with the entertainment system also. Sometimes we can't turn it off, sometimes it has a loud buzzing noise through the speakers.

I can't post links yet... grrrr....

YouTube: vea0ghcRVb0 "Loud Strange Noise From 2017 Jeep Compass Stereo"

YouTube: t7FZjw_3bfM "2017 Jeep Compass Stereo Will Not Turn Off"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (75.6 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-14-2017, 01:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman1 View Post
Happy Friday the 13th! Today is the first time I transferred a call from my Uconnect to my phone. I arrived at home. Turned the Jeep off. I have it set so if I open the door, the audio system is powered off. I transferred the call and opened the door. Everything turned off. I continued the conversation as I opened my house door. Dogs came out and I walked about 60 feet away. A few minutes later I started walking back towards the house / Jeep. My phone seemed to go dead. I thought the call dropped, so I hung up and dialed again. I could hear the other voice in the Jeep! I opened the door and the radio was back on. I hung up from the call and the radio continued to play. After turning off my Bluetooth, things resumed to normal.

I have the 7" Uconnect system in my Compass.

My '15 Cherokee Trailhawk had the 8.4 w/NAV and in 66,000 miles of ownership, I never once had that issue. I don't recall my '12 Ram Cummins having it either. Has anyone else had this? My girlfriend, who I was talking with on the phone, said her '15 Cherokee Sport with the base 5" radio does this all the time. She has to hang up and call back after being out of the Jeep, or her stuff will stay on.

Thoughts?
Dude! That's bizarre! That sounds like it would be hard to replicate....
Haven't had any Bluetooth issues.....yet! Keep in mind, I'm only Uconnect 5.0.....0
Mudman1 likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-14-2017, 01:13 AM

Garage
ĹOL! Maybe a Friday the 13th glitch???
Mudman1 likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-14-2017, 01:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner99 View Post
My wife's Grand Caravan similarly gets confused. Recently I backed it into the driveway while she was in the house talking on her cell phone. The unconnect picked it up as if she was in the car.
I think that if you want to continue a call as you leave the vehicle you should transfer to phone and also turn off Bluetooth.
Actually, I think that's normal behavior. Had the same thing with several vehicles.
Mudman1 likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenDriven View Post
We are experiencing some strange issues with the entertainment system also. Sometimes we can't turn it off, sometimes it has a loud buzzing noise through the speakers.

I'm having no luck finding those videos.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-18-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Mine has done the same thing 2-3 times. Then it reboots itself after about a minute and acts normal. Hasn't been enough of a pain for me to take it to the dealership yet.
Mudman1 likes this.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-17-2019, 09:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoastie19 View Post
Mine has done the same thing 2-3 times. Then it reboots itself after about a minute and acts normal. Hasn't been enough of a pain for me to take it to the dealership yet.
Yeah, we have this happen about once a month still and it just isn't worth the trip to the dealer. Our closest dealer, Lithia Jeep in Portland, has given us huge warranty-related hassles and botched-repairs already with our 2017 Wrangler, for a very obvious seatbelt defect, so I am not even trying to have them diagnose this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman1 View Post
I'm having no luck finding those videos.
UGH. This stupid forum still won't let me post YouTube links to the issue. MODS??? CAN YOU FIX THIS?!?!

If you want to view the earlier two vids AND last night's new vid just load ANY YouTube video and replace the eleven-character ID with one of these... ... I had the first two videos set as unlisted on YouTube and I have updated them to be publicly-searchable now.

t7FZjw_3bfM

vea0ghcRVb0

vrMPfFzY3H4

2017 Jeep Compass Latitude AWD in Granite Metallic

Last edited by DarrenDriven; 02-17-2019 at 09:28 PM.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-18-2019, 02:11 AM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Quote:
UGH. This stupid forum still won't let me post YouTube links to the issue. MODS??? CAN YOU FIX THIS?!?
I'm not a moderator here but I am a moderator on another site and that site doesn't let new members post photos or links until they have several (5 or 6, maybe 10?) posts. That might be the problem.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I'm not a moderator here but I am a moderator on another site and that site doesn't let new members post photos or links until they have several (5 or 6, maybe 10?) posts. That might be the problem.
I have seen many posts about this and I have alway been able to post links even at low post count. Maybe they need to just use correct URL coding in the tool bar?

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
post #12 of 12 Old 02-18-2019, 09:39 PM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass2ndgenguy View Post
I have seen many posts about this and I have alway been able to post links even at low post count. Maybe they need to just use correct URL coding in the tool bar?
I can only speak for the site where I'm a moderator. However, if I'm right about this site, maybe you could just make a couple more posts or reply to a few other threads, then try again to post your link.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in