Sirus Guardian not active - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Sirus Guardian not active

I have been dealing with this through six hours of calls, numerous emails and online chats. When we set it up using the assist button the representative messed up my email, they have corrected that but it's still "inactive" and I never received and email to set up a pin.

My Mopar site login works and it says Guardian is inactive, when I try to activate it the link doesn't work (takes me to a page that says the page I want doesn't exist). Calling only leads to them telling me a level three tech is looking into it and they don't have any idea when it will be fixed. Anyone have a fix besides wait? Seems this has to he one of the worst companies as far as activating an account goes, it really shouldn't be this hard.

Frustrated owner

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-21-2017, 06:55 PM

I am in the exact same situation. On the initial setup the representative got the email wrong and they have not been able to sort it out yet. That was 5 months ago... and at this point I have given up on trying to get Sirrius XM Guardian to do anything.

They have had me attempt all manners of things like resetting the password on the Mopar site and even factory resetting the radio. It seems it is an obvious account link error between Sirrius and Mopar, but no one can figure it out. Everytime I call the phone representatives are useless and open a ticket. About 50% of the time I will receive a call back a few days later telling me to try something I have already done 3 or 4 times. I feel your frustration.

Coincidentally we have the same first name.

-Brian
post #3 of 6 Old 12-13-2017, 12:21 PM

I just bought a 2018 Compass and the salesperson couldn't say enough about how much I'd like SiriusXM Guardian.
A few days later I'm playing around with it trying to set it up and I keep being told to push the assist button on my mirror. I don't have one!
Call the salesperson, he said of course you do! Bring it to me and I'll set it up with you. Take it to him and he tells me he's sorry but mine doesn't come with it like he thought it did.
Isn't this standard on all of them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-13-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezie4513
Isn't this standard on all of them?
No, in fact its rather rare. As far as I can discern, only the ones with the navigation head unit have the SXM Guardian capability. If there is no assist button on the rear-view mirror, then you don't have it. Mine is a Limited trim and you would think it would be standard for that trim but nope, I have a non-nav, and thereby non-SXM Guardian. Its a slightly different head unit altogether (same screen) along with the rear-view mirror buttons/accoutrement
post #5 of 6 Old 12-14-2017, 03:22 PM

I purchased my car used with 3k miles and the previous owner had already activated the feature. I had to fax over my Bill of sale and finance agreement to SiriusXM to take over and create a new siriusXM Guardian account. The idea is cool, but the commands (remote start, remote lock/unlock etc) take 1-2 minutes to actually kick in. They are not instant by any means.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-14-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brgisme View Post
I have been dealing with this through six hours of calls, numerous emails and online chats. When we set it up using the assist button the representative messed up my email, they have corrected that but it's still "inactive" and I never received and email to set up a pin.

My Mopar site login works and it says Guardian is inactive, when I try to activate it the link doesn't work (takes me to a page that says the page I want doesn't exist). Calling only leads to them telling me a level three tech is looking into it and they don't have any idea when it will be fixed. Anyone have a fix besides wait? Seems this has to he one of the worst companies as far as activating an account goes, it really shouldn't be this hard.

Frustrated owner

Brian
I would tell them to reset the radio (like they did for me to take control over the previous owner) and then just set it up again using your email straight from the Uconnect touch screen. Every customer service rep i spoke to was obviously outsourced and had a language barrier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in