Potential upgrades for my Trailhawk - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By arudlang

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2017, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Potential upgrades for my Trailhawk

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I just purchased the 2017 Jeep Compass Trailhawk back in May.

I've been looking at upgrades for my jeep.

So far I've got the Thule Aerobars with a Yakima Skybox Lo Pro and a Drawtite 2"x2" hitch receiver.

Here's what I'm looking for:
- New HID headlights
- Bull bars
- Side step nerf bars
- Lift kit

I know that this is a new vehicle and I love the car, but I'm really bummed that there are hardly any after market accessories available.

Look at the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. There are already lift kits readily available for that vehicle.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and recommendations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-02-2017, 03:09 PM

If you can wait some time and live close to the border, you can probably get a bull bar for the 2017 Jeep Compass. There are tons of bull bars for the 2011-2016 Jeep Compass on the Mexican eBay (MercadoLibre); I'm still debating whether or not to get one for my 2016 Compass.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-04-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjerrylee
I know that this is a new vehicle and I love the car, but I'm really bummed that there are hardly any after market accessories available.

Look at the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. There are already lift kits readily available for that vehicle.
Do you have the 2nd gen compass? The MP is NEW new, brand new redesign, so nobody in the aftermarket has had any time to research and develop products for this vehicle yet. You are going to have to exercise some patience.

There are already kits for the 2018 Crosstrek because its the same vehicle as the old ones they've been selling for years now with hardly any changes.

My two cents on the mods:
Bull bars and nerf bars are not for me, especially not on this thing which is essentially a tall glorified AWD car. Extra junk to weigh your vehicle down and essentially serve no purpose, its not like anything that looks good on the front end is actually going to protect anything, it will be a flimsy bendy just-for-looks bar when aftermarket does finally produce it. Side-step bars are just going to cost you ground clearance on a car that is already plenty easy to step into. Its not like you've got a truck or something. No the only thing I'm on board with is upgrading the lights because that actually does something for night driving, but even at that I am not dissatisfied with the stock lights to the point where I would spend money to replace perfectly good working lights with new ones, maybe when these ones wear out.
REVIGOR and Reagan39 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in