MP Compass - Cargo Cover - Page 3 - Jeep Compass Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #61 of 83 Old 04-11-2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmaxx View Post
Probably going to order them this week.
Nice! I hope its as easy as it looks to install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 83 Old 04-12-2018, 01:53 PM

Parts ordered from Rock Auto should be here Saturday. I have a VFW meeting in Lansing on Saturday so I am not sure if I will be able to install them when I get home or wait until Sunday.

2018 Jeep Compass Limited
4x4, Rhino Exterior with Black Interior
post #63 of 83 Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 PM

Did anyone figure out what the product number for the whole kit without a powered lift gate was?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 83 Old 04-25-2018, 05:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
Did anyone figure out what the product number for the whole kit without a powered lift gate was?
From a Mopar Compass Accessory sheet:
82214626 - Security Cover, without power liftgate $88 dealer net / $125 MSRP
post #65 of 83 Old 04-26-2018, 03:50 PM

Well tried to order it from one of the sites that had it listed. They let me order it and then 10 minutes later I was refunded and they said it's backordered with no date. Want to avoid going to a dealer, never really worked with the service department for ordering anything and it's going out of the way anyways. Guess I will have to wait a bit more.
post #66 of 83 Old 04-26-2018, 03:56 PM

That is why we ordered it in parts. They kept saying that there was no expected date for it to be released.

2018 Jeep Compass Limited
4x4, Rhino Exterior with Black Interior
post #67 of 83 Old 04-26-2018, 04:08 PM

Does anyone know if the 3rd party ones designed to fit the earlier compass/patriot models work on the new 2018 compass?

For example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2016-J...RYTVib&vxp=mtr
post #68 of 83 Old 04-27-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
Well tried to order it from one of the sites that had it listed. They let me order it and then 10 minutes later I was refunded and they said it's backordered with no date. Want to avoid going to a dealer, never really worked with the service department for ordering anything and it's going out of the way anyways. Guess I will have to wait a bit more.
Don't waste your time with the kit. Just order it in pieces. It'll cost a bit more, but at least you'll have it.
Redmaxx likes this.
post #69 of 83 Old 05-04-2018, 01:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4cr2k View Post
Does anyone know if the 3rd party ones designed to fit the earlier compass/patriot models work on the new 2018 compass?

For example:
I have the same question...
post #70 of 83 Old 05-12-2018, 04:15 PM

I finally got all the parts through our Jeep dealer, they kindly matched the current prices from Mopar parts online.

The various parts removed with ease except for the two plastic fillers in the lift gate which both broke off the mountings which fell back behind the trim. Hopefully they are small enough not to rattle.

Unfortunately the right hinge post was squashed in shipment so I need to get a replacement ordered.

Additionally on my 2018 there is nothing in the lift gate to screw into for the pins that the two lift cords attach to. You can feel the outlines of two rectangular openings when you insert the screws but there is no plastic part or spring clip snapped into those openings to accept the screws. More parts to buy and much more to take apart, all of the trim from the lift gate will likely have to come off. Which I am thinking may not be worth doing.

I may end up finding another means of attaching the lift cords. Likely a hook attached to the lift cords that just go into the holes in the plastic trim, far from ideal but better than nothing which is what I have right now.

The parts in general are very light duty. The hinges are just snapped into the larger plastic inner quarter panels, the holders are just snapped into the back part of the same panels and the cover itself is a very light weight plastic part and is very flexxy. This is clearly a car built to a cost, in this area the car is nowhere near the build or part quality of my 2000 VW Golf which likely is massively over engineered relatively speaking. The heaviest duty part of the whole thing are the two steel screws to carry the lift cords, which I cannot use. Roll eyes.

In terms of use, the cover has to be installed with the seats folded forward and best through one of the rear doors versus through the hatch. On my VW the cover can be just pushed or pulled out of the mounts with the seats in place through the hatch opening which is very convenient in day to day use.

When in position, the cover does what I wanted which is to completely cover the cargo area with the seats up, it will do that job adequately.

In my mind it should have come with the car and yes I was aware that it didn’t after I ordered the car.

Just ordered a Compass Lattitude, Blue Pearl Metallic, 6sp manual, towing, convenience, safety, lighting, cold weather due early April 2018

Last edited by WMLattitude; 05-12-2018 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Minor restatement
post #71 of 83 Old 12-14-2018, 03:39 PM

Short and final answer... NO!
Not sure why people keep thinking and asking that on every post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo Avellar Hallais View Post
I have the same question...
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)
post #72 of 83 Old 12-28-2018, 04:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
L

Attention non power tailgate owners looking to add a cargo cover to your Compass. As a posted a few weeks ago I ordered a non- power tailgate cargo cover for a Renegade ( see my above quoted post above for part number), plus the 2 trim pieces, and the 2 supports that the cover rests on near the tailgate. I'm happy to say it does fit, and installs the same as the others.

I had the same problem with getting the parts. I ordered from Steve White motors who promptly received the cover, supports, and one of the trim pieces. The other trim piece took weeks to get. I received the shipment yesterday.

Thanks to Superchan7 and Dannydeez for doing the homework and sharing it with us
Thanks for this! Going to save me a lot of time with PN handy! Thank you!

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
post #73 of 83 Old 07-22-2019, 11:39 PM

About to work on this too with my 2019 Compass and I also do not have those two studs in the rear hatch. Also prices have increased since the last post.
Bill Gaston Jr likes this.
post #74 of 83 Old 07-29-2019, 03:38 PM

Spoke to someone at moparpartsgiant.com regarding the access cover trims and was told that the part numbers for it have changed. Pulled the trigger and hip that this is the one with the attachment points for the cargo cover.
post #75 of 83 Old 07-31-2019, 04:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrey View Post
Spoke to someone at moparpartsgiant.com regarding the access cover trims and was told that the part numbers for it have changed. Pulled the trigger and hip that this is the one with the attachment points for the cargo cover.
keep us updated on this if it works let's update those part numbers to reflect.

"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
post #76 of 83 Old 08-09-2019, 05:10 AM

So part # 68201889AA which the threaded peg where the strings attach to does not work on 2019s. There is no place for it to screw into. Basically all that is there is a thin piece of plastic panel and no nuts for it to screw into.
post #77 of 83 Old 08-09-2019, 05:33 AM

Don't see that peg on any mopar parts catalog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190808-223144_Chrome_1565328762141.jpg (136.4 KB, 16 views)
post #78 of 83 Old 08-09-2019, 02:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Maybe you need to look at 2017 to find it in the diagrams? My 2017 has the pegs. Going to pull the trigger on this soon as well, as I have the pegs and that seems to be the biggest problem. Need to get the trim in white though, because my trunk has white trim where those pieces go.

K

post #79 of 83 Old 08-10-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass2ndgenguy View Post
Quote:
Maybe you need to look at 2017 to find it in the diagrams? My 2017 has the pegs. Going to pull the trigger on this soon as well, as I have the pegs and that seems to be the biggest problem. Need to get the trim in white though, because my trunk has white trim where those pieces go.

K
That was from a 2017 catalog. I tried a 2018 as well. Seems like they phased it out completely.
post #80 of 83 Old 08-10-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:

K
Used both a 2017 and 2018 catalog but no signs of that peg anywhere. Can measure the diameter of the peg? I'm trying to find something similar that might work.
post #81 of 83 Old 08-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Bump
Can someone measure the diameter of that peg? Trying to find something to subtitute for that since 2019s do not have that peg anymore.
post #82 of 83 Old 08-15-2019, 11:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Bump
Can someone measure the diameter of that peg? Trying to find something to subtitute for that since 2019s do not have that peg anymore.
I will but I doubt you will find a substitute. They are molded to the plastic. Might need to find a totaled ones and harvest the interior plastic.

I am not home. I will do it this weekend for you

post #83 of 83 Old 08-16-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I will but I doubt you will find a substitute. They are molded to the plastic. Might need to find a totaled ones and harvest the interior plastic.

I am not home. I will do it this weekend for you
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in