Power lumbar support just clicks/whirs. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 01-02-2018, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Sid

Power lumbar support just clicks/whirs.

Hi All,

First of all, Happy New Year! I am a first time Jeep owner and thrilled with my new custom built 2018 Trailhawk. I have a question about the power lumbar adjustment (4-way) switch on the driver's side seat. When the forward, up, or down positions of the switch are pressed there's only a fast clicking/whirring sound with no changes to the lumbar support. When the aft position is pressed, nothing happens, not even the clicking. Bottom line, the control doesn't work. Does anyone know if this model uses a compression pump to pump up a bladder, or a physical support inside the seat that is supposed to move? I'm not taking it to the dealer just yet 'cos I'm not anxious to have the new seat taken apart unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-20-2018, 07:57 PM

I also just picked up my 2018 Trailhawk...and my electric Lumbar does the EXACT same thing...so I am happy that it must be correct, as i doubt there is the exact same problem with both of ours.
My engineer hubby said its because its just deflating thats why there is not noise when pressed back....i thought it was odd also, but glad to read we in it together

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in