WiFi Hotspot, anyone have it? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 01-06-2018, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

WiFi Hotspot, anyone have it?

Hello folks,

My Jeep Compass is the GenII TrailHawk and I have the 8.4 NAV. I've enabled all of the Guardian services but there are only three and I don't see the hotspot anywhere. I have been trying to figure out whether or not my Uconnect system has a radio or not. I have looked through several sites while trying to identify which radios have wireless radios and I'm really getting nowhere. There are a few indicators that tell me I need to swap and a few indicators that tell me I don't. I just want to figure it out once and for all.

The AT&T website says to call Uconnect. Uconnect says to call Guardian. Guardian says to call the dealer. And, lastly, the dealer says to bring it in. I can't believe I need to "bring it in" to figure out whether or not my radio has wireless. The service isn't available yet, per AT&T. But, I want to sign up as soon as it's available. However, if I have to swap my radio, I'll want to get that done sooner rather than later.

By the way, I love my Jeep and I'm not complaining. I'm just going to see if anyone can help me figure it out before I take it in, if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-06-2018, 09:42 PM

I have the TMobile SyncUp Drive on my 2016 Compass and it's wonderful.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-07-2018, 02:12 AM

In Australia we don't get it unfortunately - what's it primarily used for ? Do you have to purchase a SIM from a provider and it gives you data ? Or is it for accessing something within uConnect ?

Pre Ordered 2018 Compass Limited 2.0 Diesel with Advanced Safety Pack - due mid 2018 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-07-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

I use it for my dash cams and my radar detector. Currently, my iPhone is being used. But, Apple and their infinite wisdom with protocol implementation means I have to manual disable it and re-enable it each time I leave the vehicle then return. I am using the Uconnect Access stuff and I'm pretty sure the radio has the capability, but I'd just like to know for certain and I just can't locate something to tell me either way.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-07-2018, 08:44 PM

@$50 per month I don't see the need. Its for those with money to burn or on road for business. Seems it is available as my Uconnect did an over the air update without any wifi hotspot cost.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-08-2018, 04:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemisixty View Post
Hello folks,

My Jeep Compass is the GenII TrailHawk and I have the 8.4 NAV. I've enabled all of the Guardian services but there are only three and I don't see the hotspot anywhere. I have been trying to figure out whether or not my Uconnect system has a radio or not. I have looked through several sites while trying to identify which radios have wireless radios and I'm really getting nowhere. There are a few indicators that tell me I need to swap and a few indicators that tell me I don't. I just want to figure it out once and for all.

The AT&T website says to call Uconnect. Uconnect says to call Guardian. Guardian says to call the dealer. And, lastly, the dealer says to bring it in. I can't believe I need to "bring it in" to figure out whether or not my radio has wireless. The service isn't available yet, per AT&T. But, I want to sign up as soon as it's available. However, if I have to swap my radio, I'll want to get that done sooner rather than later.

By the way, I love my Jeep and I'm not complaining. I'm just going to see if anyone can help me figure it out before I take it in, if possible.
You have to purchase the wifi hot spot. Not sure what the charge is I only know it is 3G. I do remember you could purchase it for like 24 hours so if you were doing a road trip and wanted it you had it while traveling. Call Uconnect® Customer Care at 1-855-792-4241 and ask them how much it costs to enable the 3G wifi hot spot but its not part of the Guardian crap that just gives you the ability to track your vehicle remote start unlock and stuff like that from your phone.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsmanchris View Post
You have to purchase the wifi hot spot. Not sure what the charge is I only know it is 3G. I do remember you could purchase it for like 24 hours so if you were doing a road trip and wanted it you had it while traveling. Call Uconnect® Customer Care at 1-855-792-4241 and ask them how much it costs to enable the 3G wifi hot spot but its not part of the Guardian crap that just gives you the ability to track your vehicle remote start unlock and stuff like that from your phone.
That's the old equipment/service through Sprint. Chrysler has switched to AT&T. Uconnect Customer Care says to call Guardian. Guardian says to call the dealership. The dealership doesn't know and wants me to bring the Jeep in. I chatted with AT&T about it. They say it's going to be offered "this year". I'm giving up on worrying about my radio for the time being. I believe it will be available once AT&T/Guardian open up the service.

This is the service URL, just replace add the https and replace the "\" with "/".

\\m.att.com\shopmobile\wireless\connected-car\uconnect\jeep.html

So, thanks anyway, folks, I'll just keep an eye on it for the rest of "this year".

Cheers!
post #8 of 8 Old 01-14-2018, 08:44 PM

Jeep decided that if you want to shift your own gears, you do not deserve a large screen, Uconnect, nor navigation.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in