Katzkin/Mopar leather seats - Jeep Compass Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jason Gillis
  • 1 Post By Jason Gillis
  • 1 Post By upsmanchris

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 Old 01-11-2018, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Katzkin/Mopar leather seats

Has anyone purchased the Katzkin/mopar leather seats? Part#LRMP0172DU. There isn't a picture yet. I know they are fully customizable from katzkin, but was wondering what these look/feel like.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/pr...roduct-details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-12-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4cr2k View Post
Has anyone purchased the Katzkin/mopar leather seats? Part#LRMP0172DU. There isn't a picture yet. I know they are fully customizable from katzkin, but was wondering what these look/feel like.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/pr...roduct-details
I plan to, but my replacement Compass has been sitting in Mexico waiting to be loaded unto a train for a month.
post #3 of 21 Old 01-12-2018, 04:50 PM

You might have some luck in calling around to dealers to see if they have a demo in stock because odds are some high volume selling dealers will. As far as I know that's your best bet for getting real feedback. If you find one and check it out for yourself let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 01-12-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

The one dealer I spoke with didn't have any on hand (that they knew of) to show. I was able to get a decent quote to purchase it. I believe this might be a new-ish product too so maybe in time they'll show up at some dealerships. I'll report back if I find any information.
post #5 of 21 Old 02-12-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
The one dealer I spoke with didn't have any on hand (that they knew of) to show. I was able to get a decent quote to purchase it. I believe this might be a new-ish product too so maybe in time they'll show up at some dealerships. I'll report back if I find any information.
Any chance they told you what color that part # was?
post #6 of 21 Old 02-13-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

No, they didn't tell me the color. The store lists 4 items. katzkin deluxe (installed/ not installed) and tuscany (installed/ not installed). The website just says "Dealers, refer to the Additional Section of the Databook for color, logos, pattern selection and more." I assumed it would be similar to the leather in the limited model, but that comes in either black or black/ski gray inserts.
post #7 of 21 Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
No, they didn't tell me the color. The store lists 4 items. katzkin deluxe (installed/ not installed) and tuscany (installed/ not installed). The website just says "Dealers, refer to the Additional Section of the Databook for color, logos, pattern selection and more." I assumed it would be similar to the leather in the limited model, but that comes in either black or black/ski gray inserts.
Well my dealer gave me a good deal so I bit the dust and ordered the self-install deluxe.

As to colors you have about 40 different options to choose from. I chose the two tone black wrap with sandstone inserts, sandstone contrast stitching with a sandstone Jeep logo on all the headrests (You can apparently only get the Jeep logo if ordered directly from the dealership) for my Sport. I should have them in a week and update everyone. I might even do some install videos.
post #8 of 21 Old 02-13-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Gillis View Post
Well my dealer gave me a good deal so I bit the dust and ordered the self-install deluxe.

As to colors you have about 40 different options to choose from. I chose the two tone black wrap with sandstone inserts, sandstone contrast stitching with a sandstone Jeep logo on all the headrests (You can apparently only get the Jeep logo if ordered directly from the dealership) for my Sport. I should have them in a week and update everyone. I might even do some install videos.
I personally hate leather seats so I won't be doing this, but I'm very interested to see how they look once installed. Katzkin has been around forever. I remember them from my 'tuner days' when people would buy them for their Hondas.
post #9 of 21 Old 02-14-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydeez View Post
I personally hate leather seats so I won't be doing this, but I'm very interested to see how they look once installed. Katzkin has been around forever. I remember them from my 'tuner days' when people would buy them for their Hondas.
Mopar has had a long partnership with katzkin, even back in the neon days. But if people are looking for quality seat covers, wetokole.com has some (look up renegade) but they're pricey.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)
post #10 of 21 Old 02-20-2018, 04:17 AM

Got my skin's in today and competed the passenger seat. Took me about 3 hours and overall I am happy with the quality. Hopefully the others move quicker now that I have one down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180219_231638419_LL.jpg (37.3 KB, 37 views)
n4cr2k and dawm like this.
post #11 of 21 Old 02-20-2018, 10:26 PM

Garage
Did you have the stock leather and did not like the feel of it? or not have leather at all?

Wyntyrsfool
2018 Jeep Compass TrailHawk
Cold Weather Package
Leather Interior
8.4 Info non Nav
post #12 of 21 Old 02-21-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyntyrsfool View Post
Did you have the stock leather and did not like the feel of it? or not have leather at all?
No leather at all.
post #13 of 21 Old 02-21-2018, 12:38 AM

Got the back seats almost done. Seriously, pay the 400 to have someone else do it. My hands are cracked up and I can't move my fingers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180220_124659515_LL.jpg (50.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180220_163239739_HDR.jpg (59.2 KB, 37 views)
n4cr2k likes this.
post #14 of 21 Old 02-21-2018, 01:38 AM

Looks like it takes a lot of patients and sweat. Looks good bruh!
post #15 of 21 Old 02-21-2018, 01:52 AM

Garage
Looks sweet, Kinda wish my TH had the two tone leather, Mine is black with TH lettering in red on backrest

Wyntyrsfool
2018 Jeep Compass TrailHawk
Cold Weather Package
Leather Interior
8.4 Info non Nav
post #16 of 21 Old 02-21-2018, 05:26 AM

Looks great! I wonder if I could get them to make those with suede inserts instead of full leather
post #17 of 21 Old 02-21-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydeez View Post
Looks great! I wonder if I could get them to make those with suede inserts instead of full leather
Anything is possible with enough money
post #18 of 21 Old 02-22-2018, 01:54 AM

Garage
Looks similar to the leather we had installed when we ordered our Compass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeep1.jpg (45.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Jeep2.jpg (32.5 KB, 14 views)
Thomas Kerr likes this.
post #19 of 21 Old 02-26-2018, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

The one dealer I spoke with was reluctant to sell the customer self install kit. If I were to order it elsewhere, I'm curious what you would get if you order #LRMP0172DU.
post #20 of 21 Old 02-28-2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
The one dealer I spoke with was reluctant to sell the customer self install kit. If I were to order it elsewhere, I'm curious what you would get if you order #LRMP0172DU.
Exactly the same as the installed kit, minus the install. I still havent had time to install the drivers seat but It's worth it to get the install I think. If you do it yourself you need hog ring clips, hog pliers and plastic trim removal tools. I was going to do a write up but plenty of youtube videos on the process exist already which does not significantly differ for our Compass. If you can't figure it out you probably shouldn't be messing with it considering it requires removal of side airbags.
post #21 of 21 Old 04-16-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Nice job on the seats. Mine finally came in. Any tips or gotchas to look out for on our seats? I've watched a few installation videos and they are pretty straightforward with the exception of any vehicle specific parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in