Radio Removal - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 01-17-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Radio Removal

Good Day All,

Hope everyone had a great Newyears!! I am looking to try and take apart my dash in my 2018 Jeep Compass Latitude so that i can check the Sku of my Ucconect 4C Nav 8.4 inch radio. I know that in the US the sku is UAQ but I am in Canada and I am not sure if I actually got the same Uconnect 4C NAV 8.4 inch system as you get in the US. On the Build sheet for my Jeep it shows the radio as sku UCQ so I am only assuming this but is the middle letter the country designation?? Like UAQ the A stands for America and UCQ the C stands for Canada?? I am currently arguing with my dealer that i purchased my Compass from and FCA Canada as they are telling me that my Jeep is not capable of using the SiriusXM Guardian Services and the SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic services. However all the research I have done indicates that if you have the Uconnect 4C Nav system then it comes with a 12 month trial of SiriusXM Guardian Services and 5 year trial of Travel Link and Traffic. If anyone knows of any or point me to a video or guide on how to remove the radio bezel and stuff so i can check the radio itself I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-18-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

So I figured out how to remove the bezel to get at my radio it is held in with just retaining clips as is all other jeeps. Just a simple dash pry tool did the trick. I took my radio out and compared it to pictures of the UAQ model that is in the 2018 Jeep Compass US models and it is identical and has all the same connections and everything on the back of the radio. Next i will need to check and see if the wiring for the Rear View Mirror with the Assist and SOS button on it is there. I believe that it is not there as i do not have that mirror and only have the regular auto dimming mirror. Hopefully I can get the other mirror from FCA and also the wiring harness for it and then run it to the radio myself.

Chad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in