Trail Rated Badge Help - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 02-02-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Trail Rated Badge Help

Hello,
I got a new 2018 Limited and have to admit I like the red trail rated 4x4 badges on the front fenders that come on the Trailhawk. Would someone with a Trailhawk willing to take some pictures and some measurements so I could put them on my Limited? Hope this isn't against some unwritten rule.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 12:38 AM

What exactly are you looking by way of measurements? I have a trailhawk out in the garage..
post #3 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_84045 View Post
What exactly are you looking by way of measurements? I have a trailhawk out in the garage..
Thanks! I guess measurements so I know were its supposed to go. Like how far from the fender door gap and how far from the fender hood gap. Something like the attached though not near as complicated. Just ball park those two I listed. Maybe a close up picture as well.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trail_rated_location.jpg (67.7 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Sodner; 02-03-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 03:45 PM

It doesn't seem right to put "trail rated" badges on a totally non-trail rated vehicle (MHO). If you are going to make your own, maybe you could put something other than "trail" on it? Maybe "Road Rated" or simply "Jeep"? lol I don't know. But its like guys putting "Shelby" emblems on their base model mustangs. Its just not cool (to us actual car people).
post #5 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
It doesn't seem right to put "trail rated" badges on a totally non-trail rated vehicle (MHO). If you are going to make your own, maybe you could put something other than "trail" on it? Maybe "Road Rated" or simply "Jeep"? lol I don't know. But its like guys putting "Shelby" emblems on their base model mustangs. Its just not cool (to us actual car people).
I assumed some would find putting a trail rated badge on a Limited sacrilege but I don't intend to mislead anyone. I just like the looks of it. Think of it as "Imitation is the highest form of flattery."
post #6 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Hope this helps. Not quite as professional as the one you showed but... Couple of notes.
The measurement from the crease in the panel to the top of the badge is from the bottom line of the crease. (Where it goes flat to the panel) the measurement from the door gap is based on right in the middle of the badge. ( The door gap is not a vertical line)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180203-130049_1517684684655.jpg (28.6 KB, 21 views)
post #7 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
I assumed some would find putting a trail rated badge on a Limited sacrilege but I don't intend to mislead anyone. I just like the looks of it. Think of it as "Imitation is the highest form of flattery."
It's your vehicle, do whatever you want to it.. I am not offended in the least. Hell, put a Ferrari emblem on it if that's what looks good to you..
Any "actual car people" will know it's not a trailhawk anyway. The front bumper/fascia is totally different..
post #8 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 10:02 PM

It's not like these are muscle cars or something that is going to be desirable to a collection oriented car person. These are Italian SUVs with Jeep badges on them, that will inevitably disappear into the realm of the forgotten cars when these all age to the point that they are no longer worth sinking the money into keeping the complex electronic gadgetry alive, and something nicer comes along. If you wanna put trail rated badges on one, go ahead.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-03-2018, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_84045 View Post
Hope this helps. Not quite as professional as the one you showed but... Couple of notes.
The measurement from the crease in the panel to the top of the badge is from the bottom line of the crease. (Where it goes flat to the panel) the measurement from the door gap is based on right in the middle of the badge. ( The door gap is not a vertical line)
Thatís perfect! Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in