2017 Jeep Compass Lifted! - Page 2 - Jeep Compass Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2018, 03:57 PM

What rims and tires(all terrain) can you fit on the 2018 compass latitude without a lift....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2018, 02:00 PM

Do any of y'all know what tires they used on the teraflex website?
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 AM

Garage
Do any of these lift kit mods void the warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescadito_mp View Post
Do any of these lift kit mods void the warranty?
I was given a free lifetime warranty (for having had to wait to take delivery due to a recall), and it states damage to lifts over 2", and damage to parts caused by a lift over 2" are not covered.

I interpret that to mean lift kits up to 2" are acceptable.
pescadito_mp likes this.

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Old 04-12-2018, 01:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
I was given a free lifetime warranty (for having had to wait to take delivery due to a recall), and it states damage to lifts over 2", and damage to parts caused by a lift over 2" are not covered.

Sweet! It seems like there are a few already out there (like the Tera-Flex mentioned above). Anyone know or have any experience with American Trail Products (ATP)? They've got a 2" lift for the Renegade/Compass but does not have the sway bar quick disconnect like the Tera Flex. They are also product testing a 4" lift kit that is "coming soon" according to their website. It is a completely bolt-on kit and claims to "maintain factory ride and stability." IDK if 4" is necessary for my needs (especially after hearing about the warranty info; but I guess I better shuffle through my own paperwork and find out for sure), but it will be interesting to see what ATP comes out with. They are a local shop near me (Orange County, CA) and have done a lot of aftermarket stiff with the Renegade line. Glad to see companies like this are coming out with stuff for the MP!!
Old 04-20-2018, 10:15 PM

I just got my 2018 trailhawk compass, im planning on changing the stock falken wildpeak ht tires for these.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.j...180420205643:s

These are barely a bit bigger than stock tires. So im confident they will fit without any lifts. Now I think trailhawk comes with a supposed 1" lift. Idk on limited or latitude. But those of you thinking of getting bigger AT / MT without a lift. This is a great solution. 225/70r17. When I get them next month I'll post an update on this.
10-64 likes this.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post

I called the manufacturer and asked about this. They forwarded me the warranty and i dont see anywhere where it supports your comment. Jeep told me that if damage from the lift were to cause other failures in other parts, those parts would not be under warranty. However, the warranty does not say anywhere that a lift voids the entire warranty. I theory i could put on a 10" lift, and only have to replace the parts that the lift affects.... though i wouldnt do 10" haha.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 PM

You are correct. Warranty can not be voided unless the aftermarket parts can be proven to cause the failure of the parts in question. Look up the Magnusson Moss act.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:06 PM

It looks amazing. Itís the only lifted one Iíve seen other then the Jeep Concept when I was in Moab.

Would like to see a photo of it parked next to a stock Compass if you ever find your self in that situation.

Rocky-Road.com is developing a lift and a brush guard/winch for the new Compass and already have some killer rock rails available

I think Iíll definitely go with the TerraFlex and support a local company

Thanks for sharing your Jeep
Old 05-14-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf39 View Post
Jeep told me that if damage from the lift were to cause other failures in other parts, those parts would not be under warranty. However, the warranty does not say anywhere that a lift voids the entire warranty.
Yup, that's what I meant; the entire warranty wouldn't be voided, just parts possibly affected by a lift kit. However FCA has been known to argue that, say, engine issues or a cracked exhaust manifold are related to the strain of pushing a lifted vehicle.

Not that it would stop me... my warranty explicitly mentions 2" as being the accepted limit, so I'll probably do the ATP 2.0 kit, and if reviews on the new 4.0 kit seem good I may opt for the Eibach coil spring set (also sold separately) down the road.

4.0 Jeep Renegade / Compass Lift Kit

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Old 05-22-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElovesC View Post
What is up guys! I just wanted to drop by and share an image of my Compass with the new Teraflex 1.5" lift kit. This kit is very comprehensive. It took about 5 hours to install with the help of my lovely wife. Aligned very easily to factory specs. I will be installing some wheel spacers next week but I think it is looking pretty good!
@ElovesC

Which trim is your Compass? Sport? I'm looking to lift a Latitude.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:05 PM

I recently put on the teraflex 1.5in lift, cross members, Malone katahdin roof rack, mounted rack tool boxes (drilled and bolted on with hand turn nuts inside to release quickly), debadged, removed front air dam for better approach angle, and a 32in Light bar. Need bigger tires and black rims though. Looks like I can fit 30s on it with possible inner well trimming. Yours looks nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180531_184540_1528581352644.jpg (61.8 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg 20180511_184056_1528581574101.jpg (39.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 20180517_165345_1528581691591.jpg (58.6 KB, 129 views)
Sean O'Dell likes this.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheastmann View Post
I recently put on the teraflex 1.5in lift, cross members, Malone katahdin roof rack, mounted rack tool boxes (drilled and bolted on with hand turn nuts inside to release quickly), debadged, removed front air dam for better approach angle, and a 32in Light bar. Need bigger tires and black rims though. Looks like I can fit 30s on it with possible inner well trimming. Yours looks nice.

Any details on ur light bar install, i was hoping to install one in the same spot as you.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:07 PM

Yea I can help. I first got the light bar in position that I wanted to mount it and scored the upper bumper fascia through the holes where the bolts will be going. I then removed the inmer fender covers and lower air dam. Next, remove the lower front fascia (this is a pain in the butt without a lift or ramps because of the fascia curving under and having to be manipulated to get the screws out of it from the inside. I did it on flat ground 😩Next make sure to feel the back of the metal bumper bar to make sure you have a clear place to drill. Then drill straight through the upper bumper cover and the metal bumper bar and make sure you aren't on an angle. Then mount the bumper using 4 1/12in stainless steel bolts. You can probably get away with using 3 1/2in if you don't want excess sticking out. I opted to put the bolts in from the back of the bumper but you could go in from front if you want. Next run the wire in through the holes for the radiator and connect light bar to battery. Next put the lower fascia back on and air dam if you want. I chose to keep the air dam off for the small amount of clearance it gives me. Then you need to run the wires for the on/off switch through the rubber boot on the top right side of engine bay. You first need to remove the push pins in the cowl and put a block under to lift it for better access. I also took out the small plastic piece under the cowl in front of the rubber boot to simplify things. Next get a large screwdriver and tape your wires to it and push through the boot and go inside and pull them through. Mount your switch and wire it up. You should be good to go. Any more questions or if something is unclear, just message me and I'll try to assist you.

Last edited by bheastmann; 06-11-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:22 PM

getting the teraflex lift done right NOW
Old 06-24-2018, 09:51 PM

the lift is complete. however, i do notice that there's no clearance between the exhaust pipe and the suspension during certain inclined angled so i could feel some vibration from the muffler. I added 3 washers to the exhaust spacers for better clearance.

anyone else notice this?

Last edited by theredmeadow; 06-25-2018 at 03:32 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:02 AM

Gonna buy these with the lift kit. https://www.discounttirezone.com/ATT...L_p_10940.html
Old 06-28-2018, 10:48 PM

anyone notice the vehicle feels like it has more bounce to it after the lift?
Old 06-29-2018, 02:24 PM

Can you please take a picture of the place where you put the washers? I'm going to have to do it too. 😕

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredmeadow View Post
the lift is complete. however, i do notice that there's no clearance between the exhaust pipe and the suspension during certain inclined angled so i could feel some vibration from the muffler. I added 3 washers to the exhaust spacers for better clearance.

anyone else notice this?
Old 06-29-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M Babilonia View Post
Can you please take a picture of the place where you put the washers? I'm going to have to do it too. 😕
you got it!

I'll take the pics this evening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in