• 2 Post By joninpa
  • 2 Post By Steeler
  • 1 Post By Topweasel
  • 1 Post By Sodner
  • 1 Post By Thomas Kerr
  • 1 Post By LaserJeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 02-25-2018, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

What's your cluster display configuration?

Thought it would be fun to see how everyone has their information displays set up. This is the most technologically advanced Vehicles we have ever owned. The ability to configure the cluster display is all new to me so of course I have been goofing around with it.

Right now I think I like average MPG on the top left,Speedometer top center,Engine condition top right, then the instant MPG big in the center. I like seeing the instant MPG gauge like this because it helps me try to keep those numbers up to adjust how I drive this little Jeep to get the best MPGs. Back in the day I use to keep a vacuum gauge in my vehicles that had MPG bar at the top in red,yellow,green this kind of reminds me of those days. So how do you have yours set up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-27-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
Thought it would be fun to see how everyone has their information displays set up. This is the most technologically advanced Vehicles we have ever owned. The ability to configure the cluster display is all new to me so of course I have been goofing around with it.

Right now I think I like average MPG on the top left,Speedometer top center,Engine condition top right, then the instant MPG big in the center. I like seeing the instant MPG gauge like this because it helps me try to keep those numbers up to adjust how I drive this little Jeep to get the best MPGs. Back in the day I use to keep a vacuum gauge in my vehicles that had MPG bar at the top in red,yellow,green this kind of reminds me of those days. So how do you have yours set up?
Hmmmm Maybe I haven't played with my dash enough. I go through the scroll-able screens a lot. Usually alternate between MPG and Trip screens. But I didn't realize (or not sure if my Limited is) it was that configurable.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-27-2018, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Topweasel, If you have the 7" color screen in your cluster display you can go into screen settings and customize some of the information you want to see on the screen. I there are some that have a non-color display instead trim level and options added had to do with which screen you got. All the ones we looked at had the color display so I don't know if they all have the same ability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-27-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
Topweasel, If you have the 7" color screen in your cluster display you can go into screen settings and customize some of the information you want to see on the screen. I there are some that have a non-color display instead trim level and options added had to do with which screen you got. All the ones we looked at had the color display so I don't know if they all have the same ability.
Yeah my Limited has the 7 inch color by default (much like your Trailhawk). Like I said unless they changed something to the configuration specifically for the Trailhawk version (for better off-road monitoring), I probably have the same settings. Part of the issue with me besides not playing around in settings menu's (as they are disabled while driving, and I rarely sit in my car for more than a moment before or after traveling) is I just tend to go to the MPG or Trip screens most of the time.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-27-2018, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
Yeah my Limited has the 7 inch color by default (much like your Trailhawk). Like I said unless they changed something to the configuration specifically for the Trailhawk version (for better off-road monitoring), I probably have the same settings. Part of the issue with me besides not playing around in settings menu's (as they are disabled while driving, and I rarely sit in my car for more than a moment before or after traveling) is I just tend to go to the MPG or Trip screens most of the time.

Yep it is the same screen so I'm sure you can customize what it displays. I have a bad back and the other day we went shopping all over the place. When I started feeling rough I went to sit in the car while the wife continued shopping. That is when I really just started pushing all the buttons and playing with the settings. Man I'm glad this thig does not have an ejection seat button hidden it I would have been in trouble! Once I started figuring stuff out it was a lot fun. Lot more to these new Compasses than some levers,pedals and horn button I can't help feeling I'm a little too old school. LOL
post #6 of 11 Old 02-28-2018, 01:37 AM

Top left: Range Middle top MPG (now) Top Right: Air temp
big numbers in middle: MPH

sometimes I will switch around btwn the MPG fancy meter and the speedo but that's my general setup.
Sodner and Chris Jacobs like this.

'18 Compass 4x4 Sport 6-speed manual
post #7 of 11 Old 02-28-2018, 11:45 PM

Left top I have the date. Center top is the Compass, and the right top is the temp. The main screen is the either the driver assistance screen or fuel economy. I reset my trip A screen every fill up, so I can monitor how many miles, and how many hours I sit in NYC traffic per tank of gas. I reset trip B at every oil change.
Topweasel and Chris Jacobs like this.

2017 Compass Limited Sunroof, Nav, Tow group, Safety and Security and Advanced lighting group.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-01-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
Left top I have the date. Center top is the Compass, and the right top is the temp. The main screen is the either the driver assistance screen or fuel economy. I reset my trip A screen every fill up, so I can monitor how many miles, and how many hours I sit in NYC traffic per tank of gas. I reset trip B at every oil change.
I do the same with the trips. A, for fill ups and B for Oil changes.

So I got into the menu and played with it. From Top left to right, Range, outside temp, RT MPG and then sticking with Speedo. I will see how much I like that in the long run.
Chris Jacobs likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-02-2018, 11:57 AM

I guess I knew I could do this because the salesman did mention it but I've never spent the time to configure mine. Not what I've read this post I'm wishing I was near my car so I could play with the settings. I'll report back once I get the opportunity to set it up.
Chris Jacobs likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-02-2018, 11:08 PM

Garage
Top left- time top center-Speed (since analog doesn't have 55 or 65 clearly marked) top right-ext temp and fuel econ in center display.
Chris Jacobs likes this.

2017 Compass Trailhawk in White, 1.5" Tera Flex lift kit, 225/65/17 BFG KO2s
post #11 of 11 Old 03-04-2018, 07:12 PM

I'm still playing with my display to see what I like best, but...
Currently top left is the outside temperature, top center is the compass, top right is average mpg, large center is the digital speedometer. (Because yeah, that analog speedometer isn't the best.)
Chris Jacobs likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in