Sport or Latitude ? - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Jacobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 03-01-2018, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Sport or Latitude ?

Iím going this Saturday to get my new compass but unsure which model to get .. I like the sport because of the black wheels and body but the latitude has better goodies . Did Anyone here have the same problem on which one to choose ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-01-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho1990 View Post
Iím going this Saturday to get my new compass but unsure which model to get .. I like the sport because of the black wheels and body but the latitude has better goodies . Did Anyone here have the same problem on which one to choose ?
Wish I could help more we were looking at the Latitude and ended up bringing home the Trailhawk we could not be happier! Just look at both see which has what you want on the lot or be ready to order if need be. Either way these little jeeps are a lot of fun!
Wyntyrsfool likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-01-2018, 11:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
Wish I could help more we were looking at the Latitude and ended up bringing home the Trailhawk we could not be happier! Just look at both see which has what you want on the lot or be ready to order if need be. Either way these little jeeps are a lot of fun!
Same thing I did

Wyntyrsfool
2018 Jeep Compass TrailHawk
Cold Weather Package
Leather Interior
8.4 Info non Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-01-2018, 11:37 PM

it's all about the trim packages actually.

main difference between sport and latitude will be the "leather" seats. & Tires. I wanted the latitude b/c I liked the packages it had. It was I think 4-5k more than the sport that I wound up getting. The latitude had black ext. black int. and wife wouldn't have it. Got grey ext. black interior sport with the cloth seats.

check the stickers, mine has tech package and the sporty one with tinted windows. I have also seen the "cold weather package" that gives heated steering wheel, and seats, for some reason this was only on blaze orange models. Also as always you can check the latitudes have the sunroof package.

Another difference I noticed is the trim around the rear windshield I think was "flashy" on the latitude, but is kinda just blended on the sport.

edit: and check if it has spare tire kit, including jack. Only a few on the dealer's lot I went to had this.

'18 Compass 4x4 Sport 6-speed manual
post #5 of 13 Old 03-02-2018, 01:03 AM

I wanted the North (eh!), but ended up getting the Sport for one reason only...manual transmission. Gotta have it. I did a factory order as there were no MT Compasses in the city that had the options I wanted which were 4x4, back up camera and cold weather pkg. I would have liked more options (black roof, bigger Uconnect screen, passive entry), but they’re not available on the Sport. Having to choose between those things OR a manual transmission was no contest. Besides, I added the black roof and have found I am satisfied with my screen size. Really missing the passive entry though��. My Jeep looks so dope with the black roof now matching the rear view mirrors and door handles. Currently, no regrets.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-02-2018, 04:07 AM

Garage
I got the Latitude instead of the sport for the additional features. I got the larger entertainment screen, pleather/cloth seats, etc... It was a big upgrade over the sport option that was at the dealership. I'm happy I went with the Latitude instead of the sport. Plus, I'll just be plastidipping my wheels to make them matte black, and then doing my hood to give it either the Trailhawk or Trailpass look.

Gregors

2018 Jeep Compass Latitude

Puyallup, WA
post #7 of 13 Old 03-02-2018, 12:37 PM

I got the Latitude because AFAIK and what the dealer told me, I could only get the uconnect 8.4 on a model higher than the sport.

I really wanted the 8" screen, nav, etc so I went with the Latitude.

'18 Compass Latitude
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat, Black cloth/leather interior
Navigation group
post #8 of 13 Old 03-02-2018, 01:58 PM

I've been researching the possibility of buying the 8.4" unit and replacing the 7" one. Of course we'll need the new bezel, but I'm not sure if the new unit will just work or need a flash. The dealers aren't giving any helpful answers.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-02-2018, 03:55 PM

It depends how picky you are, or what your goal is for this car. Do you want certain options, do you care more about looks, do you want to keep your payment down, do you want a blend of both, etc?

I personally am very picky with my options and refused to settle. I was torn between a limited and latitude, but ended up with a fully loaded latitude (which ended up costing more than the limited when I was done) because I absolutely refused to have leather seats and a sunroof. I know I'm the odd ball out on this one, but those are two options that I hate. Sunroof was an option, but the full leather was standard on a limited with no option to put in cloth.

The Jeep website lets you browse inventory based off of how you configure the car, and it will even show you close matches. You can view window stickers for each vehicle as well. I suggest doing that before going into a dealer just so you can get an idea of what you want and what will work for you.

Good luck!
post #10 of 13 Old 03-05-2018, 12:10 AM

So what did you end-up getting?
post #11 of 13 Old 03-05-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koily View Post
I wanted the North (eh!), but ended up getting the Sport for one reason only...manual transmission. Gotta have it. I did a factory order as there were no MT Compasses in the city that had the options I wanted which were 4x4, back up camera and cold weather pkg. I would have liked more options (black roof, bigger Uconnect screen, passive entry), but they’re not available on the Sport. Having to choose between those things OR a manual transmission was no contest. Besides, I added the black roof and have found I am satisfied with my screen size. Really missing the passive entry though��. My Jeep looks so dope with the black roof now matching the rear view mirrors and door handles. Currently, no regrets.
I don't know where this myth came from. I test drove latitude in 6 speed manual. Why do people say they can't find them? The only problem was my wife didn't like it. They are out there though...

edit: here is one I tried... https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/v...statusCode=KZX

'18 Compass 4x4 Sport 6-speed manual

Last edited by joninpa; 03-05-2018 at 11:30 PM.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-06-2018, 07:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninpa View Post
I don't know where this myth came from. I test drove latitude in 6 speed manual. Why do people say they can't find them? The only problem was my wife didn't like it. They are out there though...

edit: here is one I tried... https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/v...statusCode=KZX
Yep, I have a manual latitude with preferred options pkg, cold weather pkg, and hitch.

2018 Compass Latitude 4x4 6sp - Pref group, Cold Weather, Tow pkg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-07-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninpa View Post

It's not a myth for me. There may be a few North MT's out there, but they would have been built or ordered prior to mid September of last year (Canada). Things may be different down there in the US, but here in Canada, as of September 1/17, we were unable to even factory order a North with MT. I tried. I wasn't happy at the time, but since taking possession, have been happy with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in