• 4 Post By LaserJeep
  • 1 Post By LaserJeep
  • 4 Post By LaserJeep
  • 1 Post By Chris Jacobs
  • 3 Post By LaserJeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 03-17-2018, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Spring is in the air!!

Well, at least it's finally above freezing AND sunny!
Got the first coat of wax on my wife's Granite Crystal Latitude, my blue Compass is next. Feels good to go outside without being bundled up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180317_144150_HDR_1521312556971.jpg (58.0 KB, 35 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-17-2018, 09:12 PM

yes it is and we are enjoying it though winter may visit us again next week and some bad weather moving in with thunderstorms,high winds,hail and possible tornado threat this evening.

We decided to make the most out of the day and took the Compass out to a scenic old railroad grade road open the windows roll back the sunroof and enjoy. It was a wonderful drive!!!

But I think I found my next little gripe about our Compass the fuel tank is a bit to small for windy steep little mountain roads. MPG held bouncing between 21-22 MPG but the gauge drops pretty quick not dangerously fast it just feels like the MPG is way less than it is actually getting. But on the plus side we filled up yesterday using fuel points for 1.59 a gallon so todays fun cost us very little!

Next bit of good weather I too need to get some wax on it and figure out what I'm going to do for that flat black decal on the hood. Fun fun fun. lol
post #3 of 11 Old 03-17-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Chris Jacobs, I agree on the fuel tank... Could certainly stand to be a couple gallons bigger! I have a 100 mile round trip commute for work, I'm filling up every 3 and a half days. (Averaging 27 or a little better mpg) And DEFINITELY let me know what you end up doing for that hood decal. On my short "I want" list is a hood stripe.
Good luck with the OTHER kind of spring weather you're about to get!
Chris Jacobs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-17-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserJeep View Post
Chris Jacobs, I agree on the fuel tank... Could certainly stand to be a couple gallons bigger! I have a 100 mile round trip commute for work, I'm filling up every 3 and a half days. (Averaging 27 or a little better mpg) And DEFINITELY let me know what you end up doing for that hood decal. On my short "I want" list is a hood stripe.
Good luck with the OTHER kind of spring weather you're about to get!
So far what I have read on flat black decals is to keep wax off of them and use a vinyl/rubber type dressing on them for flat/satin finishes with UV protection. I have yet to figure out which product I'm going to try to use.

If I had the money and time right now I would try to track down or have someone make a version of the decals used on the Trailpass concept. I don't know yet if the decals let the green paint show through or if the green on the decal was printed on the decal. Either way having the Spitfire orange with that type of decal package would look awesome!
post #5 of 11 Old 03-18-2018, 11:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Well, at least it's finally above freezing AND sunny!
Got the first coat of wax on my wife's Granite Crystal Latitude, my blue Compass is next. Feels good to go outside without being bundled up.
A really nice you have there!
post #6 of 11 Old 03-18-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, Germaneon. We're loving the twins!
post #7 of 11 Old 03-18-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Update... Got even warmer today (a whopping 54!!) and I got the Laser Blue looking better than the day I bought it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180318_180732_HDR_1521411535053.jpg (56.2 KB, 12 views)
post #8 of 11 Old 03-19-2018, 03:14 AM

Nice! If I had not gotten the Trailhawk I had really decided I want that color blue on the Latitude. If the dealer had sold our Trailhawk before we got it they had a blue Trailhawk and a red one both looked really sweet it would have been a tough choice.

We had to take one of my daughters back to college today spring break was over for her. We spent part of the day with her at home and the rest on the road just pulled back in matter of fact. My wife drove the way home and commented that the Compass is more relaxing to drive than our Suburban is on this trip. The round trip also only cost us about 13 bucks in gas instead of 30-40 bucks in our Suburban. So it was a nice trip little traffic lots of cops.

On the way up I had cruise set mostly on 75 mph then at one point another 2nd gen Compass blew around us a limited I think. I decided to see how fast they were going and see if I could find that 9th gear. At 85 9th had still not kicked in and the other Compass was still pulling away hard if I had to guess he was pushing around 95 mph. I went to manual mode bumped up to 9th RPM came down to like 2k and was still slightly lugging the engine I think we were on a slight uphill grade. I decided with all the cops that I would rather not get a ticket and 85 was putting a good dent in my MPG so dropped back to 75 and enjoyed the ride. Wonder if the other Compass driver has or will show up here complaining of real crappy MPG. LOL
Germaneon likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-19-2018, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Lol Chris... Yeah, some people's DRIVING is the cause of poor economy for sure.
Funny thing about my Laser Blue Compass... When I was at the dealership I wasn't sure I could handle such a loud color. I've had a couple cars back in the day that were nearly identically colored, but they weren't new.
I literally bounced back and forth across the lot at the dealership between my blue Compass and an equally equipped dark green one for almost a full hour. Finally decided on the blue because of the rim upgrade it has AND how the blue contrasted with the black trim pieces. Pictures don't do it justice! But I'm certainly never going to blend in or lose my Jeep in a parking lot. Lol
post #10 of 11 Old 03-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Lol Chris... Yeah, some people's DRIVING is the cause of poor economy for sure.
Spring is almost here! It's getting warmer, the snow piles are getting smaller. My "more spirited driving" is about to seriously impact my MPG.

btw nice color. I didn't see any of those in my search. Good find. What's the interior?

'18 Compass 4x4 Sport 6-speed manual
post #11 of 11 Old 03-19-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

My interior is black with the cloth/vinyl seats. Wish the vinyl was leather with cloth inserts, but still looks pretty cool.
I have the winter weather package, so I've got the all-season floor mats, heated seats and steering wheel, etc. And I've got the preferred equipment group. Comfy interior with a lot of options.
dawm, joninpa and Musclez like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in