What if I don't renew Uconnect? - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By LaserJeep
  • 1 Post By joninpa

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

What if I don't renew Uconnect?

Hey folks, thinking ahead a bit cuz I'm an el-cheapo... If I don't renew my Uconnect when the 6 month free trial is over, what do I lose?
I have the 7" screen, so I already don't have the Uconnect nav system or the ability to start the Jeep from my cell phone. From what I've gathered on my Google search, my remote start (on the key fob) will still work. I believe the Bluetooth feature will work as well for hands-free calling. I ASSUME I'll lose Android Auto, but I haven't used it other than an hour of messing with it in my driveway... No big deal. Also, the vehicle tracking I'm kinda in the "whatever" category. That's what police and insurance are for.
I also (important to me!!) believe I'll still have all the little icons and functions of my touch screen? Things like heated seats and heated steering wheel controls, climate controls. And will I still have the vehicle programming stuff on there?
If a majority of what Uconnect has to offer is things my 7" screen system doesn't have anyhow, what are the benefits of paying the subscription?
Thanks in advance!! 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-28-2018, 12:52 AM
Subscribing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserJeep View Post
Hey folks, thinking ahead a bit cuz I'm an el-cheapo... If I don't renew my Uconnect when the 6 month free trial is over, what do I lose?
I have the 7" screen, so I already don't have the Uconnect nav system or the ability to start the Jeep from my cell phone. From what I've gathered on my Google search, my remote start (on the key fob) will still work. I believe the Bluetooth feature will work as well for hands-free calling. I ASSUME I'll lose Android Auto, but I haven't used it other than an hour of messing with it in my driveway... No big deal. Also, the vehicle tracking I'm kinda in the "whatever" category. That's what police and insurance are for.
I also (important to me!!) believe I'll still have all the little icons and functions of my touch screen? Things like heated seats and heated steering wheel controls, climate controls. And will I still have the vehicle programming stuff on there?
If a majority of what Uconnect has to offer is things my 7" screen system doesn't have anyhow, what are the benefits of paying the subscription?
Thanks in advance!! 🙂
LaserJeep,
I'm not sure you have the Uconnect access if you have the 7" screen. Does your rearview mirror have an assist button?

Check this link for more information on the Uconnect Access. Maybe that will clarify for you. I also have the 7" screen and don't have navigation. My understanding is that only the large 8" screens with navigation have the uconnect access.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/uconnectaccess.html
post #3 of 9 Old 03-28-2018, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, newsnose... I just grabbed the options list for my wife's Compass (it was closer than the window sticker for mine)... Our Jeeps are equipped identically other than her having a moonroof and me having a wheel upgrade, and it's got this on the option list... It says Uconnect 4 with 7" display. I'm guessing it's nowhere near as fancy as the better (bigger) Uconnect system... Like I said, I'm not sure what features it actually has... Too lazy to go out and grab the owners manual right now. 🙂
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15221989504211053213914_1522198975845.jpg (36.1 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-28-2018, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

But I definitely don't have the connection button on my mirror... Just the button for the auto dimming feature.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-28-2018, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Another oddity on the dealer options sheet... Code JLPP. Described as a "GPS Antenna Input"... I'm pretty much positive we don't have GPS built in, period. Would that be to aid in finding the Jeep of it leaves without me?
post #6 of 9 Old 03-28-2018, 02:51 AM
Subscribing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserJeep View Post
Another oddity on the dealer options sheet... Code JLPP. Described as a "GPS Antenna Input"... I'm pretty much positive we don't have GPS built in, period. Would that be to aid in finding the Jeep of it leaves without me?
Yeah. I think we both have the same thing as far as uconnect. It's a little confusing. I know I spent some time trying to figure out what I had for sure and whether I could get the subscription services. I use navigation on the road but the carplay works just fine for that so I'm good without the extra expense.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-28-2018, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

So, after combing the owner's manual, window sticker, etc... I'm pretty sure our Compasses do not have a Uconnect subscription at all... Case closed!!
It seems that they refer to ALL of the stereo systems in our Jeeps as "Uconnect" systems (even the 5" screen version), whether they require the subscription to operate all features or not.
newsnose likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-29-2018, 04:32 AM

it would be so great if it was a subscription device and after 6 months if I didn't pay Jeep would come to my house and remove this defective POS Uconnect system and just put a regular stereo in there.
Redmaxx likes this.

'18 Compass 4x4 Sport 6-speed manual
post #9 of 9 Old 03-29-2018, 01:53 PM

Garage
which one do you have? I got the Cherokee Latitude Tech Connect which came with an upgraded UCONNECT head unit - that one works pretty decently. My wife's compass had the UConnect 4.3 which while not great was not horrid - she did want an upgrade so we changed it =)

My Cherokee with the UConnect with the larger screen seems to run well - what are some of the issues you have been seeing?

Proud owners of a new to us certified pre-owned
2017 Jeep Compass 75th Anniversary Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in