Surround Sound Option is Missing Beats Audio Premium - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By dannydeez
  • 1 Post By 2018Ltd

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 03-28-2018, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Surround Sound Option is Missing Beats Audio Premium

I have no surround sound option at all whatsoever. It is like it does not exist on my car.
I currently have a 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk, with the BeatsAudio™ Premium II Audio System with nine speakers with a 12-channel amp and subwoofer.
Nowhere in my uconnect setup can I find Surround Sound button, went back to dealership today, looked at the exact same car as mine, and its right there on the car.
Dealer is 100% baffled and told me make a service appointment. Not what I want to hear. This car is two weeks old and I am annoyed.

I have a video of what its supposed to look at but I can't seem to post? Copy the link and paste in browser
youtu.be/h4QFf5uezRA
This is taken off the same exact car as mine in red, 2018 Compass Trailhawk, with the BeatsAudio™ Premium II Audio System with nine speakers with a 12-channel amp and subwoofer.

Last edited by Trailhawk; 03-28-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-28-2018, 04:19 PM

Wow, I didn't even know that was supposed to be an option in settings. I don't have it either.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-28-2018, 07:45 PM

same thing in mine. and when it does show up it does nothing to the sound field.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-28-2018, 09:18 PM

Someone else on the forum here documented in a youtube video that sometimes the menu option showed up for him and sometimes it did not, he was able to show it at one point then shut it off or something and turned it back on and the option was gone. Can't remember for sure, I think I've seen it once or twice in mine but I don't really care. My audio sounds fantastic with just a slight tweak to the equalizer to bump up the low end a notch and I am happier than heck with it. You are already "surrounded" by speakers, I'm not a fan of doing a ton of extra signal processing on audio because its not like there is much there to work with. Think about the simple two-channel audio coming in... there is nothing superbly magical you can do to really improve on that signal anyways. Granted, the option should still work if they are going to offer it. But if the never fix it I don't really care, I'm quite happy with how it sounds right now. Long story short I just wanted to throw out what I remembered another member documenting, it means you should check the menu once in a while and see if the option pops up because sometimes it maybe will and you can toggle it then. As CaptainKirk1a said, I don't notice any difference when I toggle it on mine. I just leave mine off.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-28-2018, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

I have a video of what its supposed to look at but I can't seem to post? Copy the link and paste in browser
youtu.be/h4QFf5uezRA

This is taken off the same exact car as mine in red, 2018 Compass Trailhawk, with the BeatsAudio™ Premium II Audio System with nine speakers with a 12-channel amp and subwoofer.

Last edited by Trailhawk; 03-28-2018 at 11:19 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-29-2018, 04:02 PM

Mine does the same thing. Also surround feature when it does show up doesnt do anything
post #7 of 11 Old 03-30-2018, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

I absolutely HATE the beats speakers in my doors, they sound like muffled garbage. I would have been better off getting the car without them. I would NOT recommend them to anyone. Unless you turn your volume up all the way, you have hardly any mid, high tones, just a ton of garbled base. I am hoping to talk to an Audio Engineer to see if I can swap them out for something else. Worst car audio I have ever had in my enitre life, in that of my car and my husbands. Two very large thumbs down, steer clear.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-30-2018, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

Everyone is that has the Surround Sound option is saying it does nothing? What is the deal? How can that be? I absolutely hate the audio on this car, I was trying to adjust it to make it sound better and that is how I found out I don't have the option.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-30-2018, 07:07 AM

My Beats Audio sounds just fine. If you're having issues with the sound quality I suggest having the dealer replace the speakers, or at least try and diagnose why its happening.
10-64 likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-31-2018, 01:00 AM

Mine used to do the surround then it went away, now I have figured out by dragging the speaker slightly off center which i never had to do before the surround option shows up???
10-64 likes this.
post #11 of 11 Old 05-15-2018, 10:49 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
My "Surround Sound" works just fine!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in