• 1 Post By Thomas Kerr
  • 1 Post By LaserJeep
  • 1 Post By Chris Jacobs
  • 1 Post By LaserJeep
  • 2 Post By ImLost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 03-29-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

What are you using to detail your dash?

I have never had a vehicle with this soft touch interior like on these Compasses. I want to keep that matt/low sheen soft look so I do not want to use regular Armor All. I'm thinking many of you are about the same with not wanting to make these soft parts and your dash all shiny and betting you have figured out the best product to use so any information would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Subscribing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
I have never had a vehicle with this soft touch interior like on these Compasses. I want to keep that matt/low sheen soft look so I do not want to use regular Armor All. I'm thinking many of you are about the same with not wanting to make these soft parts and your dash all shiny and betting you have figured out the best product to use so any information would be appreciated!
Been using this for years. It is good stuff.
https://adamspolishes.com/shop/inter...-detailer.html
Chris Jacobs likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-29-2018, 09:29 PM

Meguires Natural Shine... Not glossy, not at all greasy, dust will wipe off with a dry rag and it looks as good as new! Looks way shinier in the pics than it actually is (couldn't get a good picture). Bonus part is that it's available almost anywhere. I've used it in all of my vehicles for years, the stuff looks incredible and lasts! (Even my 47 year old truck's interior )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1522358633965513622637_1522358663825.jpg (40.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 15223587035992109068217_1522358743156.jpg (45.2 KB, 27 views)
Thomas Kerr and Chris Jacobs like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-29-2018, 11:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserJeep View Post
Meguires Natural Shine... Not glossy, not at all greasy, dust will wipe off with a dry rag and it looks as good as new! Looks way shinier in the pics than it actually is (couldn't get a good picture). Bonus part is that it's available almost anywhere. I've used it in all of my vehicles for years, the stuff looks incredible and lasts! (Even my 47 year old truck's interior )

+1 on Mequire's. Got it at a car show in a gimme bag a few years back and haven't looked at anything else since.

Nice to see some dirt on those floor mats- I'm not the only one
Chris Jacobs likes this.

2017 Compass Trailhawk in White, 1.5" Tera Flex lift kit, 225/65/17 BFG KO2s

Last edited by Thomas Kerr; 03-29-2018 at 11:30 PM. Reason: noticed pics :)
post #5 of 13 Old 03-30-2018, 12:39 AM

Thomas Kerr... I'm in Michigan, sloppy floor mats are normal! 🙂 and these mats in particular show everything. (I actually applied my Meguires to them as well, hoping they clean up as easy as the dash and such do. When they were new, the first time they got muddy it took an hour to clean them because the mud REFUSED to come off) Lol
I should have mentioned, I took those interior pics today, and it's been almost two weeks since I applied the Meguires to the interior... It really does rock!
Thomas Kerr likes this.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-31-2018, 03:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Thomas Kerr... I'm in Michigan, sloppy floor mats are normal! 🙂 and these mats in particular show everything. (I actually applied my Meguires to them as well, hoping they clean up as easy as the dash and such do. When they were new, the first time they got muddy it took an hour to clean them because the mud REFUSED to come off) Lol
I should have mentioned, I took those interior pics today, and it's been almost two weeks since I applied the Meguires to the interior... It really does rock!

I live on an unpaved road, and plan to just hang mine and blast 'em at the coin op next time I run by there. Maybe- if there is a long dry spell

2017 Compass Trailhawk in White, 1.5" Tera Flex lift kit, 225/65/17 BFG KO2s
post #7 of 13 Old 03-31-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Ok I have done some searching and actually found a post on a forum about soft touch interior pieces were a Meguiars spokesperson chimed in and he recommended Meguiars Quik-Interior-Detailer. He stated that it has a very mild cleaner will not add any sheen to the surface and has UV protection. He stated id was so mild it can be used on electric screens but to just wipe a little on and quickly wipe it down with a dry microfiber when used on screens. So anyone try this or am I going to be the guinea pig.

For floor mats well our floor mats are coming out and going on the self new WeatherTech floor liners came in today and I guess that is our first Mod! LOL
Thomas Kerr likes this.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-31-2018, 08:46 PM

Chris Jacobs, I forgot about the Quik Interior Detailer!! I have some of that on the shelf in the garage (looks like a Meguires warehouse out there. Lol)
I've used it misted on a microfiber towel to get dust off of the dash and such. I would say you should still give the Natural Shine a shot. (Maybe not on the touch screen though) Do a test spot, in my opinion it seems to seal everything and makes future cleanup easier. And it really gives a showroom new appearance.
Obviously up to you!! (If you were closer I'd let you use some of mine.)
On the other hand, let me know how you like the Weathertechs!! What color did you get? I thought about getting a set for myself, but I'm afraid my wife will want a set for her Compass too. Lol
Chris Jacobs likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 PM

Garage
I use a random guy at the carwash with an old rag that is a special combination of brake dust, armor all, mysterious stuff out of an old spray bottle and sweat. Works like a champ.
Thomas Kerr and Redmaxx like this.

2018 Trailhawk Billet SIlver
post #10 of 13 Old 03-31-2018, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Chris Jacobs, I forgot about the Quik Interior Detailer!! I have some of that on the shelf in the garage (looks like a Meguires warehouse out there. Lol)
I've used it misted on a microfiber towel to get dust off of the dash and such. I would say you should still give the Natural Shine a shot. (Maybe not on the touch screen though) Do a test spot, in my opinion it seems to seal everything and makes future cleanup easier. And it really gives a showroom new appearance.
Obviously up to you!! (If you were closer I'd let you use some of mine.)
On the other hand, let me know how you like the Weathertechs!! What color did you get? I thought about getting a set for myself, but I'm afraid my wife will want a set for her Compass too. Lol

Cool I'll get some of both the QID and the NS. I think regardless if I use the NS on the dash it might be good to use on the sill area trim I just got done cleaning up the inside and those sill trim pieces were looking a bit rough. Especially on the rear sills where my 7 Y/O niece drags her feet getting in. I see those areas are in need of some decent protection so I''l clean them with the QID then try the NS there and if I like it I'll use it on the dash as well.

After cleaning everything up I installed the WeatherTech liners. I will tell you after the clean up I had to do I'm not impressed by the Jeep mud mats Jeep put in the Trailhawks. I had to do a lot of vacuuming to get dirt and such that worked it's way around and under them. The back was worse as the kids kept pushing the rear mats under the front seats. Which Jeep had put mat retainers in the rear!

The WeatherTechs we got are black to match the black interior. They fit great and will offer a lot more protection all around. They cover the sides good and go deep up the front of the foot well. The retainers on the front are capped so no sloppy wet stuff can get around the pins. The drivers side covers just over half the dead pedal not sure how I feel about that. Negative side that part of the dead pedal can get dirty plus side you can still see the neat morse code on it. LOL

The rear is one mat that covers both footwells and the hump. It gets up close to the back of the center console so almost all the hump is covered. I don't think anyone will be pushing them under the seats not only does the hump part helps keep it from sliding forward but so does the way they mold over the back of the front seat tracks. They too have real good coverage. These liners are pretty deep all around and I will not be worried at all jumping in our Jeep after a muddy hike or once the snow starts up next year. Next trick is seeing how they hold up but seem well made so not really worried at all there either!

Later I think we will look into the rear liner but I kind of like the Jeep cargo liner over the Weathertech for that. They both look like about the same amount of protection and the Jeep one looks better.
post #11 of 13 Old 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
Cool I'll get some of both the QID and the NS. I think regardless if I use the NS on the dash it might be good to use on the sill area trim I just got done cleaning up the inside and those sill trim pieces were looking a bit rough. Especially on the rear sills where my 7 Y/O niece drags her feet getting in. I see those areas are in need of some decent protection so I''l clean them with the QID then try the NS there and if I like it I'll use it on the dash as well.

After cleaning everything up I installed the WeatherTech liners. I will tell you after the clean up I had to do I'm not impressed by the Jeep mud mats Jeep put in the Trailhawks. I had to do a lot of vacuuming to get dirt and such that worked it's way around and under them. The back was worse as the kids kept pushing the rear mats under the front seats. Which Jeep had put mat retainers in the rear!

The WeatherTechs we got are black to match the black interior. They fit great and will offer a lot more protection all around. They cover the sides good and go deep up the front of the foot well. The retainers on the front are capped so no sloppy wet stuff can get around the pins. The drivers side covers just over half the dead pedal not sure how I feel about that. Negative side that part of the dead pedal can get dirty plus side you can still see the neat morse code on it. LOL

The rear is one mat that covers both footwells and the hump. It gets up close to the back of the center console so almost all the hump is covered. I don't think anyone will be pushing them under the seats not only does the hump part helps keep it from sliding forward but so does the way they mold over the back of the front seat tracks. They too have real good coverage. These liners are pretty deep all around and I will not be worried at all jumping in our Jeep after a muddy hike or once the snow starts up next year. Next trick is seeing how they hold up but seem well made so not really worried at all there either!

Later I think we will look into the rear liner but I kind of like the Jeep cargo liner over the Weathertech for that. They both look like about the same amount of protection and the Jeep one looks better.
I bought the MOPAR WeatherTech style mats. They are exactly how you described them. They were the first things that I bought for my Compass. I love them.

2018 Jeep Compass Limited
4x4, Rhino Exterior with Black Interior
post #12 of 13 Old 04-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Love the fuzzy dice LaserJeep.

2018 Jeep Compass Limited
4x4, Rhino Exterior with Black Interior
post #13 of 13 Old 04-02-2018, 01:33 PM

Lol Redmaxx... My stepson bought me those fuzzy dice when he was about 8. I've had them in every car I've owned since then. He'll be 24 this fall.
My wife was appalled when I put them in my old Camaro at the time. She's really surprised (bordering on horrified) that I've still got 'em! They may be reassigned to my classic truck when I get it out of it's winter hibernation (if spring ever arrives in Michigan), be we'll see. 🙂

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in