Addition of Tow Hooks - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By arudlang

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 03-30-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Addition of Tow Hooks

Hello everyone,

Has anyone added toe hooks front / or rear to the non trail hawk? Was just curious if the chassis holes are made as most manufacturers drill chassis complete regardless of the options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-30-2018, 03:28 PM

What are you planning to do, take a sawzall and hack out a couple squares of plastic from your bumper? The whole front fascia is different on the non-TH. Being a unibody design with no frame, I would kinda doubt there are any provisions for the TH tow hooks hiding behind the bumpers. There is one knockout square in the front for the bolt-style tow hook from the spare tire area, your best bet would probably to get a nicer painted aftermarket one and screw that into the front if it makes you feel cool. Other than that without taking the entire front and rear fascia and bumpers off a TH I don't see any way you could make it work.
REVIGOR likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-31-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
What are you planning to do, take a sawzall and hack out a couple squares of plastic from your bumper? The whole front fascia is different on the non-TH. Being a unibody design with no frame, I would kinda doubt there are any provisions for the TH tow hooks hiding behind the bumpers. There is one knockout square in the front for the bolt-style tow hook from the spare tire area, your best bet would probably to get a nicer painted aftermarket one and screw that into the front if it makes you feel cool. Other than that without taking the entire front and rear fascia and bumpers off a TH I don't see any way you could make it work.

Actually I would bet all the provisions for the recovery hooks are there. The front fascia is the biggest issue as you said one would have to cut out big squares in the fascia. Then there is no guarantee that the hooks would sit right in the fascia and not either stick out too far or be too far recessed.

I think best bet Musclez is to wait to see if the aftermarket catches up and offers a solution. I have seen what those factory hooks cost and they are not cheap! Maybe someone will offer up something like the RRO has for the old body style Compass that would be pretty neat and only cost a bit more than the factory hooks.

Jeep Compass bumper kits and winch kits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-31-2018, 09:13 PM

Garage
There's a lot of talk about this on the Renegade forum where I once was. No real good options and adding factory ones correctly it becomes cheaper to trade in for a Trailhawk.

I suspect the Compass will be similair. So I traded my Renegade on the Compass Trailhawk which I like a lot except lack of power. Need a more powerful engine. But I digress.

2018 Trailhawk Billet SIlver
post #5 of 11 Old 04-01-2018, 01:01 AM

Ironically I was just looking at pics of the nose on Trailhawk vs standard Compasses... My first thought was "I need a little more clearance" under my Latitude. Lol
Sadly it's not just the lower valence that needs changed. Dammit. Lol
post #6 of 11 Old 04-01-2018, 12:14 PM

I used the ZL1 Add-ons tow hoops on my Renegade, that I had before trading it in on the Compass Trailhawk. They were the only ones I found, anywhere, that fit the factory tow-hook receptacles. I think they still only show the Rene on their site. But... the factory tow hooks are the same, so it's not impossible that those would also fit the Compass...and much cheaper than ordering the hooks from Mopar. They would be my recommendation for the least amount of modification work (none). Can't hurt to reach out to them for clarification.

Gene
2018 Trailhawk - Spitfire Orange
Safety & Lights, Beats, Cold Weather, Sunroof, Nav, Tow
post #7 of 11 Old 04-01-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

I used to get quite a bit of gear from them for my liberty KK which I had a lot of work done too.

I have to go back to the dealer anyway as they did a terrible job with cutting out the PDC sensors for the trailer hitch retro fit.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 06:40 PM

FCA claims it not approved to be towed there is a video in youtube tha al the front bumpet is ripped in the snow i dont know what to do here in Argentina i bougth the 4x4 longitude to go to the farm i have 40 miles of mud roads. FCA tell me to call a crane if i get stuck i say if i get stuck with 4x4 how the crane coud reach me...
Here is not the TH model here in Argentina.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-23-2019, 07:23 PM

Those removable facica covers are for tow hook tie downs for securing during transport, and not for recovery. You could add the trailhawk tow hooks but at a great expense. A better option for recovery is to install the mopar hitch for a recover point.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-23-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_harrell View Post
Those removable facica covers are for tow hook tie downs for securing during transport, and not for recovery...
That doesn't seem likely to me.

1. Why would they put unsightly holes in the bumper covers for something only used for transport.

2. Why would they call them "Tow Hooks" or "Recovery Eyes" if they are meant to be used for tie downs?

https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/Jeep/2019/Compass-LATITUDE-24L-I4-AT-AWD/HOOK-Tow-Recovery-Eye/12280087/68271625AA.html

2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
post #11 of 11 Old Today, 03:18 PM

Jaaaa......you didnt see this video???
In Argentina they removed from the car you cant buy the tow hook.
Cheers
Federico

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in