Mute radio while using Android Auto? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Mute radio while using Android Auto?

How do I kill the radio volume while using android audio maps. If I turn volume down I can't here directions. So far I found one way was to turn screen all the way off and then turn back on. This leaves the radio off and I can adjust the volume of android auto NAV lady.

Cannot find a way while driving though to turn radio off while not interrupting Navigation session.

2018 Trailhawk Billet SIlver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2018, 02:05 AM

Am I crazy, or has anyone else noticed that if you adjust the volume what Android Auto is "talking" it doesn't affect the volume of the radio? And, if you adjust the volume of the radio, it doesn't affect the Android Auto nav? I haven't been able to catch it on the screen, but I actually think the volume number is different for each function.

Give it a shot and let me know if that works for you. I use Waze and Google Maps for navigation.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That's exactly what I am talking about but I have the opposite. When using android auto NAV if I turn down the radio it turns down the NAV voice too. The onl way I can shut radio off without affecting NAV is to turn screen completely off and restart. This leaves the radio at zero volume and I can adjust the NAV volume independently.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Mute button just mutes the "radio", at least for me.
To adjust the Android auto volume you have to wait for it to be reading directions or responding to your voice commands, then adjust up and down, it won't affect the radio volume. Chrysler has always done this with their nav units, it's annoying but it is what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)
Old 04-03-2018, 04:14 PM

What I found is that the Bluetooth volume of your phone affects the volume of through Android auto. It was very quite for me for a couple of weeks and I figured out it was because I lowered the audio when listening to music on a BT headset. The quickest and easiest way to increase the volume is hold off when plugging it into the car, wait for it to handshake as a BT device to the stereo and adjust the different BT audio settings, then plug it in.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
All good things to know, Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in