List the led bulbs that worked for you - Page 2 - Jeep Compass Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 43 Old 01-01-2019, 09:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRacer View Post
I've got a set like those for my fog lights. Again, I was too frustrated with the one install that I pretty much gave up on the IronWalls brand, so I haven't actually tried them. Maybe I should
Wait you got 9005's as well? That might be the fit problem, the low beams and fog lights are H11.... :/

Anyway, just try it for the high beams and wait till night to try them out before you take them out. Might surprise you! As for the other H11 you have, why not put them in the fog area and see if you like the light. Better than trying to send them back and pay for the shipping

The foglights area takes a low profile blub like the high beams, but there is a ton of room so you can install those that have a fan and bring the connector back down to the harness. You shouldn't need resistors for anything, only things that blink like turn signals and such.

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 01-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass2ndgenguy View Post
Wait you got 9005's as well? That might be the fit problem, the low beams and fog lights are H11.... :/

Anyway, just try it for the high beams and wait till night to try them out before you take them out. Might surprise you! As for the other H11 you have, why not put them in the fog area and see if you like the light. Better than trying to send them back and pay for the shipping

The foglights area takes a low profile blub like the high beams, but there is a ton of room so you can install those that have a fan and bring the connector back down to the harness. You shouldn't need resistors for anything, only things that blink like turn signals and such.
I meant that style, as in the LED aimed at a reflector inside the bulb. I have a set of H11 for the low beams: 4 sided LED with a fan. A set of 9005 for high-beams: 4 sided LED with a fan. And a low-profile H11 for fog lights: reflector inside the bulb. I'm working on getting them returned and getting a different brand; probably the ones mentioned earlier in this thread

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Jeep Compass Lattitude - Billet Silver, 4x4
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel - GONE
post #33 of 43 Old 01-14-2019, 06:42 AM

Garage
Ok wanted to update this thread to keep the info flowing here and also keeps it in one place.

The whole car is now LED inside and out. The CANBUS system only checks for the following bulbs and everything else is plug and play. (For me at least)

Front turn signal (amber blinking bulb next to DRL) 7443 use these, only get code show up when you sit a long time with it on at a turn light, it will warn you then go off again right away. https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-7443...t/123474473039
Taillight brake/turn signal (the breaking bulb is also the turn signal) 7443 I am looking into this more I want a red blub but not sure on china quality of CANBUS no code ones in red. Using this with a moded resistor double clip for the movement but don't like the loose fit on the resistor: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-2x-7...6/123353209141
Parking lights (front and back) T10 you have to use CANBUS ones these worked great no codes | Red for the back: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-T10-...b/123004561458 | Amber for the front: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-2x-1...0/123276050987 PS: If you just use white it doesn't look good, the white bleed through the plastic and you can tell it is white. looks nicer when you use the right colors.

Everything else that I have switched has had no need for CANBUS special bulbs. List below on everything that didn't need special bulbs or resistor.

DRL (2504 just picked up cheap eBay one works fine)
Headlight low/high beams (H11 low beam-again cheap eBay they work ok going to switch to projector HID anyway, 9005-done get one with a fan it won't fit)
Fog Lights (H11 cheap fog yellow on eBay work good, they are meant for fog, get without a fan for easy install with a fan for longer bulb life and brighter)
Reverse lights - 7443 - Here is what I used no codes no problems - https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-7440...6/122852812612
All interior bulbs (just FYI these are all T10 you need 7 in total, don't know the vanity mirror bulbs yet. Used these after I had china glow and my kids wouldn't shut up about it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-T10-...e/123043426833 To be honest they are much brighter and better overall so thank god for my kids.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The projection HID aftermarkets are here and i updated the other thread, I will just link it because I am being lazy and tired of typing

https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums...tml#post145429

We are going places guys!

K

"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights

Last edited by Compass2ndgenguy; 02-13-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 Old 01-20-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass2ndgenguy View Post
I started using these guys:

lasfit.com
Got these bulbs and they're working great in the reverse lights. They don't stay lit when when not in use. Thanks for the heads up
post #35 of 43 Old 02-11-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacran60622 View Post
You have to loosen three screws from the inner fender by the wheel well, and move move it enough so I can reach under it to the back of the light bulb, trust me took me a while to figure this out. I almost took apart the whole bumper cuz i wanted to change the bulbs so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i found a friend with small enough hands
post #36 of 43 Old 02-13-2019, 06:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolla89 View Post
Got these bulbs and they're working great in the reverse lights. They don't stay lit when when not in use. Thanks for the heads up
no problem! They make a quality product!

post #37 of 43 Old 02-23-2019, 03:52 AM

Garage
I installed my eBay LED headlights today. They're MostPlus brand. I got a kit that had 2 sets of H11 (low beams and fogs) and a set of 9005 (high beams). The low beams and fogs I installed after a couple hours, but the high beams don't fit. The fan on the back of the LED is too large and hits the housing. I've added before and after pics; I'm roughly 5ft from the wall. When the LEDs are aimed right, they have a similar beam as the halogens. They look brighter in the pics, but it's not as noticable in person. I kept the factory bulbs, so if I don't like them, or feel they have too much glare, I'll send them back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #38 of 43 Old 04-01-2019, 09:00 PM

Hey all - random question here.
I have installed LED DRLs in my 2019 Compass as well as Beamtech LED Fogs.
I do have the premium light group which includes the Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps.

My question is, I cannot for the life of me get the DRLs to stay on when the headlights are turned on.
I can get them to stay on in all other light modes but for whatever reason the two will not stay on together.

I have tried 3 different types of LED DRLs and have the same luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
post #39 of 43 Old 04-01-2019, 09:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightk239 View Post
Hey all - random question here.

I have installed LED DRLs in my 2019 Compass as well as Beamtech LED Fogs.

I do have the premium light group which includes the Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps.

My question is, I cannot for the life of me get the DRLs to stay on when the headlights are turned on.

I can get them to stay on in all other light modes but for whatever reason the two will not stay on together.

I have tried 3 different types of LED DRLs and have the same luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
I think the DRLs turn off when the headlights turn on. I'd have to double check against my Compass this weekend, but I think that's normal operation

wrightk239 likes this.

post #40 of 43 Old 05-31-2019, 03:56 AM

Garage
@RadRacer I figured out the vanity mirror bulbs and removal. Get your plastic trim pry tool, go to the passager side just in case you somehow screw something up and break some plastic. Take the plastic pry tool and get under the plastic at the BOTTOM and pull up. If you do from the top you will break something. Once you get the bottom free then pull out a little bit then down to take out the plastic mirror and hinge. Once you do this, both bulbs will turn on they are T5 bulbs. I got these off eBay because they did not look like total crap.

T5 Vanity bulbs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6000k-Wh...s/321977882815

Now once you replace them they actually go all the way through where the regular bulbs sit. Just push them in till it seems right to you on where the regular bulb was and test fit the mirror before putting it all the way back on. Other than that, easy replacement!

My DRL were throwing a fault finally, they were crap anyway from China(they had the glow). I replaced with my own recommendation of last bulbs, they are overkill. No more codes and no more glow

2504 DRL bulbs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-5202...W/122665091889

They go in hard you really have to push because the rubber ring to keep water and moisture out is aggressive! Either way, it works great!

Lastly, I still need to do the headlight replacement I am also looking for new fog light LED that is yellow. I have some now but they leave a small glow, although I did pay good money for them and they were USA made

That's it for now, good luck @RedRacer

post #41 of 43 Old 07-04-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawm View Post
I went with the auxbeam f16 h11, they fit perfectly behind the dustcap, a lot better than the previous bulbs did.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Pics??
post #42 of 43 Old 07-04-2019, 10:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwife18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawm View Post
I went with the auxbeam f16 h11, they fit perfectly behind the dustcap, a lot better than the previous bulbs did.

Pics??
Welcome! Haven't seen dawm is a while sadly. What are you looking to replace definitely can point you in the right direction! My whole Compass is now LED converted!

K
dawm likes this.

post #43 of 43 Old 07-18-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwife18 View Post
Pics??
Sorry, never got a notification lol
I'm still here!

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in